2019 India vs Australia (2-match T20I series)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
12.30am AEDT tonight and same time on Thursday morning/Wednesday night.

India versus Australia. Haven't we just had this? Well, seemingly, there's always room for more. Thoughts are turning towards the World Cup, but it's T20 which begins the latest tussle between these two teams. The corresponding series in Australia during November was shared 1-1 so it's all to play for. Sort of.

India have recently completed a T20I series against New Zealand - which they lost 2-1 - and Australia's players are fresh from the Big Bash so most involved should be reasonably in tune with the format.

It was interesting to hear Justin Langer bundle these two games in with the five-match one-day series a little while ago when talking about the importance of World Cup preparation. Australia have the same squad here for both the T20Is and ODIs, although that does happen to include both the BBL's highest scorer in D'Arcy Short and leading wicket-taker in Kane Richardson after the latter replaced the injured Mitchell Starc.

India have brought back two big guns, Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah, who were rested for the New Zealand series, so while context may be somewhat lacking, skill and entertainment should not be.

[...]

Australia have a lot of options to partner captain Aaron Finch in the opening role; Alex Carey, Usman Khawaja, D'Arcy Short, Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell could all be thrown in there, but Short has his recent BBL success behind him. If Pat Cummins makes the XI it would be his first T20I for two years.

Australia (possible) 1 Aaron Finch (capt), 2 D'Arcy Short, 3 Peter Handscomb, 4 Marcus Stoinis, 5 Glenn Maxwell, 6 Ashton Turner, 7 Alex Carey (wk), 8 Nathan Coulter-Nile, 9 Pat Cummins, 10 Adam Zampa, 11 Kane Richardson

India might have to decide between Dinesh Karthik and KL Rahul in the middle order. While Karthik has had success of late, Rahul has built his case by getting runs for India A. Given that this is the first match of the tour, India might prefer to go with more experienced bowlers, which means Siddarth Kaul and Mayank Markande would miss out.

India (possible) 1 Shikhar Dhawan, 2 Rohit Sharma, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Dinesh Karthik/KL Rahul, 5 MS Dhoni (wk), 6 Rishabh Pant, 7 Vijay Shankar, 8 Krunal Pandya, 9 Umesh Yadav, 10 Yuzvendra Chahal, 11 Jasprit Bumrah

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...ndia-vs-australia-1st-t20i-aus-in-ind-2018-19

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol Mitch Johnson is in the Indian studio.

Indian cricket coverage is a cringefest which is basically asking every expert to talk about the top Indian players without much analysis into the actual game. Gonna be funny listening Mitch talking up Kohli lmao..

RobRocket

Debutant
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sorry but I really don’t understand this line up by Australia. Turner instead of Khawaja. And coulter Nile at 7, when he is clearly a much better bowling all rounder.

Don’t think it’s harmful having Handscomb in instead of Carey.

I think the best Xi with this sqaud would be:
Khawaja
Short
Finch
Maxwell
Handscomb
Turner/Carey
Stoinis
Cummins
Zampa
Richardson
Behrendorf

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry but I really don’t understand this line up by Australia. Turner instead of Khawaja. And coulter Nile at 7, when he is clearly a much better bowling all rounder.

Khawaja
Short
Finch
Maxwell
Handscomb
Turner/Carey
Stoinis
Cummins
Zampa
Richardson
Behrendorf

IMO, Turner is a lot more dangerous than Khawaja in this format.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Might have to watch this with the volume down I think. We give a lot of s**t to the Australian commentators but the Indians aren’t much better..

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Harsha Bogle is a moron. Just a massive Indian fan boy. Even when Indian batsmen get out he still tries to give them compliments and talk up how good they are. Are Fox paying this fool ?? Stupidity.

That's actually one of the criteria for joining the fox team.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
"The Dugout" is 3 commentators surrounded by blue screen? Star Sports stream.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England

Khawaja
Short
Finch
Maxwell
Handscomb
Turner/Carey
Stoinis
Cummins
Zampa
Richardson
Behrendorf

Did you not watch the home series? Khawaja is lucky to still be in the squad at all

Anyway I don’t know who’s more upset at Kohlis dismissal, Indian fans or the Aussie fans that not only did Zampa get him but he didn’t make a hundred after being dropped by Handscomb...

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
No idea why Wade isn’t playing.. If they’re going to go pick someone like Handscomb to keep and sacrifice a bit of glovework for batting, surely Wades your man.. Not the best gloveman but a shitload better than Handscomb, and the number 2 runscorer in the BBL (Handscomb having one good score and sparking one of the worst collapses in history with his shot)

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
No idea why Wade isn’t playing.. If they’re going to go pick someone like Handscomb to keep and sacrifice a bit of glovework for batting, surely Wades your man.. Not the best gloveman but a shitload better than Handscomb, and the number 2 runscorer in the BBL (Handscomb having one good score and sparking one of the worst collapses in history with his shot)
Handsome just missed a run out too.

As much as I can't stand Wade, he's a better option than Handscomb.

Back