2019 India vs South Africa (3 T20Is, 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
What did he say?

I couldn't hear it on the Fox coverage, it was bloody stupid of rabada to throw the ball away then whinge about it in the first place but I didn't hear anything racist and I haven't read reports on any other forum or news site of anything like that being said.
He didn't say anything explicitly racist but it was clear rabada wasn't to speak like that to qdk. So rabada lost his cool and swore once at qdk. The reaction he got back was a disgrace. It was crystal clear on the stump mic

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty shocking if he called rabada boy, surely he wouldn't be that stupid?
You obviously don't believe me. That's fine but surely you saw rabada trying to push past faf to get to the keeper??? Banter happens every match and harsh words are all too common. But how often have you seen a player being held back by his captain to try to get to a player on his OWN team?? You think maybe the heat got to rabada or you reckon qdk crossed the line?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
You obviously don't believe me. That's fine but surely you saw rabada trying to push past faf to get to the keeper??? Banter happens every match and harsh words are all too common. But how often have you seen a player being held back by his captain to try to get to a player on his OWN team?? You think maybe the heat got to rabada or you reckon qdk crossed the line?

I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told about 3 weeks ago that Rabada is having problems with several of his team mates, in particular the skipper. As I said, not sure how accurate, but the person who told me seemed very sure of his facts. Not a very happy group of players the South African team apparently.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj

I'm not really sure I didn't hear it myself on the Fox feed and just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else that he called him boy

I certainly wouldn't put it past De utensil to cross the line as he like rabada seems like a pretty s**t bloke.

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not really sure I didn't hear it myself on the Fox feed and just haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else that he called him boy

I certainly wouldn't put it past De utensil to cross the line as he like rabada seems like a pretty s**t bloke.
Yep rabada is a hothead for sure and a shirtfronter but he doesn't deserve to be spoken to that way. I'm sure he said boy.. used the same word twice and sounded like boy, I will concede that he was also speaking some south African and swearing hard so possibly I could be dead wrong. Still I thought it was pretty disgraceful. Reeked of "don't you dare get uppity with me you black so and so"

Last edited:

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't know how accurate this is, but I was told about 3 weeks ago that Rabada is having problems with several of his team mates, in particular the skipper. As I said, not sure how accurate, but the person who told me seemed very sure of his facts. Not a very happy group of players the South African team apparently.
South Africa don't seem to sledge as hard as they used to but rabada seems to be one of a few that still go hard. That and his shouldering batsmen seems a bit low class. He just copped it big time from qdk I just got concerned by the way it looked and how qdk seemed to give him fifty times more than what rabada gave him

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely nothing like this would ever happen by a team led by a warrior of a leader like du Plessis

Seriously though I would hold back a bit calling people racist until some solid proof comes out.
Check my above post. That's what I 100% thought I heard. But I concede I could be wrong. The reaction was ott though and didn't look or sound good

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely nothing like this would ever happen by a team led by a warrior of a leader like du Plessis

I wouldn't have thought a team led by Smith would have ever cheated as well to be fair. And look at jadeja running down the centre of the wicket every single innings whilst being led by kohli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
South Africa don't seem to sledge as hard as they used to but rabada seems to be one of a few that still go hard. That and his shouldering batsmen seems a bit low class. He just copped it big time from qdk I just got concerned by the way it looked and how qdk seemed to give him fifty times more than what rabada gave him
Relax mate. He never said "boy" I can confirm. I heard the exchange. Geez they need to turn the mics down. He was speaking Afrikaans and every second word was the f word. He said don't talk to me like that get off the effing field. Didn't say boy at all. Not a racist just got a lip on him like rabada

Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Other than one person here I haven't seen anybody else mention the racism angle, they were pi**ed off for sure but I didn't hear him call him boy and no media are reporting he said anything like that.
He didn't say boy. He spoke some Afrikaans and the rest was swearing in English. I heard it clearly. Nothing remotely racist. Sounded like two morons trying to win a competition for who's the biggest tosser

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
He has bowled about five massive no balls already which is awful.

And they're only the ones we know about.

I have no time for spinners who bowl no-balls at any time, but on this occasion he'd only been called about 2 balls earlier and yet he continues to over-step. My definition of an idiot is not someone who makes a mistake, but someone who doesn't learn from it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back