2019 India vs South Africa (3 T20Is, 3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
And they're only the ones we know about.

I have no time for spinners who bowl no-balls at any time, but on this occasion he'd only been called about 2 balls earlier and yet he continues to over-step. My definition of an idiot is not someone who makes a mistake, but someone who doesn't learn from it.

Yep they just showed another massive no ball not called.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Maharaj in particular has really had his mast lowered in this series. He can't be in the debate for best spinner in the world with how badly he has bowled in this series so far. Seems to really struggle when he's fast bowlers aren't helping him at the other end.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Maharaj in particular has really had his mast lowered in this series. He can't be in the debate for best spinner in the world with how badly he has bowled in this series so far. Seems to really struggle when he's fast bowlers aren't helping him at the other end.

I think faf wanted to use him to hold up one end while the quicks attacked in shorter spells but he has gone at four an over all series, in the end he has actually been over bowled and the quicks under bowled.

He has actually bowled as many overs as rabada and vern combined which makes sense on a rank turner but not on these decks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Is India coming to Australia next summer, or is it an Ashes summer? Can see them comfortably winning a Test series outright here (would like to see a 5-Test series, but we'll never get it, particularly with the T20 World Cup taking up time) if they do, as they've got some genuinely good pace bowlers (and aren't nearly as reliant on spin as they have traditionally been), depth and versatility to their batting, and mental strength and confidence under Kohli's captaincy.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Is India coming to Australia next summer, or is it an Ashes summer? Can see them comfortably winning a Test series outright here (would like to see a 5-Test series, but we'll never get it, particularly with the T20 World Cup taking up time) if they do, as they've got some genuinely good pace bowlers (and aren't nearly as reliant on spin as they have traditionally been), depth and versatility to their batting, and mental strength and confidence under Kohli's captaincy.
Didn't they just win a series outright here? But yeah they're here next summer. 4 tests against them, 1 against Afghanistan.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
India are in steamroller mode now, the resistance and fight from the South Africans is decreasing with each test.

This Indian side if it continues to develop together and roll on succeeding overseas may be the best they've put together.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
The Rabada/De Kock thing yesterday was probably nothing but I hope there's no rift there. Those two are the best and probably only world class players left in that team (Vern and Faf won't play on much longer) and they need to carry SA forward for the next 10 years or so.

De Kock really needs to consider giving up the gloves in Tests after this and bat at 5. Don't think I've seen South Africa batting in a weaker state with Bavuma no longer being able to hide and De Bruyn not looking Test quality. Markram also being found out a bit as well.

Barlos Crathwaite

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You have to feel for faf having to cope with some seriously below test class batters in his side. Apart from markram and Elgar it's pretty much up to he and qdk. Granted India have an excellent attack but this doesn't look good for them going forward. How bad does De bruyn look? wow

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
You have to feel for faf having to cope with some seriously below test class batters in his side. Apart from markram and Elgar it's pretty much up to he and qdk. Granted India have an excellent attack but this doesn't look good for them going forward. How bad does De bruyn look? wow

I'd feel more sympathy if Faf nutted up and batted at #4, and took the gloves off de Kock and batted him at #3 as well.

Oct 11, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The Rabada/De Kock thing yesterday was probably nothing but I hope there's no rift there. Those two are the best and probably only world class players left in that team (Vern and Faf won't play on much longer) and they need to carry SA forward for the next 10 years or so.

De Kock really needs to consider giving up the gloves in Tests after this and bat at 5. Don't think I've seen South Africa batting in a weaker state with Bavuma no longer being able to hide and De Bruyn not looking Test quality. Markram also being found out a bit as well.
That's how I read it too. Probably just letting a bit of steam off. Lots of lip on those two though. Probably prefer for them to direct it at the opposition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back