2019 Indigenous guernsey

Lions_Insider

All Australian
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thread starter #1
The Brisbane Lions 2019 Indigenous guernsey pays homage to the Club’s four indigenous players by displaying their individual totem or birth sign.

The guernsey, to be worn in Sir Doug Nicholls Round in Fremantle and again in Round 11 at The Gabba, was designed by Derek Oram, a proud Birri Gubba-Barada Ghungullu-Darumbul man.

Oram’s design was painted by hand on two canvases, for the front and back of the guernsey.

1557812589797.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking good!
Really love the lion in the night sky too! I think it will also look pretty cool on tv during the game with the gradient really popping out.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
The design looks like one of those ugly Xmas jumpers, but given the meaning it has for those involved; great.

Who is the fourth indigenous player on our list aside from Christensen, Cox and Cameron the article mentions?

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
The design looks like one of those ugly Xmas jumpers, but given the meaning it has for those involved; great.

Who is the fourth indigenous player on our list aside from Christensen, Cox and Cameron the article mentions?
Did you even READ the article?

It clearly says who it is, they have their picture in the photo and they have a section quoting their take on the jumper!!

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Did you even READ the article?

It clearly says who it is, they have their picture in the photo and they have a section quoting their take on the jumper!!
No I didn’t; I read the OP and obviously saw the pic in the OP; that’s it. Thought they were referring to 4 male indigenous players given its being worn in this year, not the AFLW. Problem?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back2Back2Back

In Fagan we trust.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I really like it. It's refreshing from the previous darker tone jumpers we've run and different again to the 'usual' indigenous artwork designs that are across pretty much every other jumper.

Well done Lions, another way we'll be standing out this season.

AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thread starter #16

Dizzle

As seen on the internet
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
IMO this Lions Indigenous guernsey is the best one I've seen from any club since this concept started, bloody fantastic eye catching design.

Very tempted to buy my 1st guernsey of any sort for a number of years although at my age and with my physique I don't think I'll be wearing it out too often.:oldman: Old skinny bald man in a sleeveless muscle shirt is not a good look.

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
IMO this Lions Indigenous guernsey is the best one I've seen from any club since this concept started, bloody fantastic eye catching design.

Very tempted to buy my 1st guernsey of any sort for a number of years although at my age and with my physique I don't think I'll be wearing it out too often.:oldman: Old skinny bald man in a sleeveless muscle shirt is not a good look.
I don’t like the look of the Guernsey’s on me either but I just wear a lions polo underneath!

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

We want photos Jason :p

briztoon

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I always like the Indigenous Guernsey. But being white, I’ve always felt it’s not quite right to wear one.

Very tempted to buy one.

Top Bottom