News 2019 indigenous jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Really like it, done a good job this year, be inteersting to see how the fade away at the bottom looks with the playing shorts on, but like it.

Story: A representation of a number of significant stories including the connection to the Geelong region on Wadawurrung Country, Narkle's own region in Western Australia, the language of all seven current Geelong indigenous players and a tribute to club legend Graham 'Polly' Farmer. "The Giant Trevally represents our connection with the Arnhem Land region and the snake-like pattern throughout the whole jumper symbolises the rainbow serpent which is the creator of my own region. As a sign of respect for Polly Farmer, his number 5 appears on the front and back of the guernsey. A tribute to him and all he has done for the Geelong Football Club and indigenous players," Narkle said.

Went in today to get my indigenous gear as a birthday present for the little girl we're taking to the gold coast tomorrow.
Despite it being in the window which she loved, and all over media, they had none, it had to be ordered now.
No stock, not in, and no orders in.

So she stands outside with the dog and I give them a bit of a roast. But there's a but. They are PROMISING that I will receive
by mail to any Post Box in Queensland by Saturday. Looks like they must be hiring private charters? Not going to trust that.
What BS, the indigenous rounds commence Saturday, you'd think they've had all year to get their act together.

Then the ****ing dog gets off the leash and terrorises the netball courts.

Went in today to get my indigenous gear as a birthday present for the little girl we're taking to the gold coast tomorrow.
Despite it being in the window which she loved, and all over media, they had none, it had to be ordered now.
No stock, not in, and no orders in.

So she stands outside with the dog and I give them a bit of a roast. But there's a but. They are PROMISING that I will receive
by mail to any Post Box in Queensland by Saturday. Looks like they must be hiring private charters? Not going to trust that.
What BS, the indigenous rounds commence Saturday, you'd think they've had all year to get their act together.

Then the ****ing dog gets off the leash and terrorises the netball courts.

Then Gracie jumped the fence + you’re on the next plane home 😩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a pity Stephen Michaels name isnt on that list - because if it was - i reckon the Cats would have a couple more flags

From what I have seen on rare vision ..SMichaels was some sort of blend of NicNat and Buddy... one great thing about the modern comp is that sort of stay at home rarely happens now. I remember the sanfl had a retention allowance at one stage to keep players.. Jimmy and Phil was another we missed on.

From what I have seen on rare vision ..SMichaels was some sort of blend of NicNat and Buddy... one great thing about the modern comp is that sort of stay at home rarely happens now. I remember the sanfl had a retention allowance at one stage to keep players.. Jimmy and Phil was another we missed on.

I might be wrong here - but i am definitely 50% right

The week before Brian Peake came to Geel - i know for a fact East Fremantle the team he played got absolutely thumped - could have been in excess of 20 goals - so that made his decision alot easier - ie his local side are way out of the running - so why not finally join Geel - with the Cats high up on the ladder

Now the part i could be wrong - 80 and 81 where Geel had a realistic chance each year of winning the flag - Stephen Michael played for Sth Frem - who i think were premiers in 80 - you know a top of the table club - so it would have been so much harder for Geel to get him mid season - like they did with Peake

If they had got him though - it would have made an enormous difference

The week before Brian Peake came to Geel - i know for a fact East Fremantle the team he played got absolutely thumped - could have been in excess of 20 goals - so that made his decision alot easier - ie his local side are way out of the running - so why not finally join Geel - with the Cats high up on the ladder

Now the part i could be wrong - 80 and 81 where Geel had a realistic chance each year of winning the flag - Stephen Michael played for Sth Frem - who i think were premiers in 80 - you know a top of the table club - so it would have been so much harder for Geel to get him mid season - like they did with Peake

Different world... this week we are talking about players in a mid year draft... I cant see too many players in the top side in WA saying ..no id rather stay in WA

Not sure SM age by 80/81 ... but Peake was certainly past his best.. and he came over on more more money than Turner and Newman were making. It was his retirement plan I think.

Shows how you can be a bit deceived ... cause google has him at 1.88 I doubt that ..he just looks so big and strong ..one can see why we wanted him..but I guess he would have wondered whee he would have played 1.88/1.92 is not a ruck even back in the 80's.. I think Blake was 199..

Then Gracie jumped the fence + you’re on the next plane home 😩

Yes, a crazy turnaround with the dog waiting at the front door and wasted tix for metricon/ extra flights etc. Grrrr. To make it worse I received a reply to my email complaining about the indigenous guernsey not being available. From some marketing underling, more BS, no apology, and just "you are welcome to come in and buy one now." And this was Friday. I'm watching the crowd tonight (home on TV) to see if anyone has one on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back