News 2019 Injuries and Suspensions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus McLean was excellent in the midfield when he was in there before his shoulder injury. Was averaging 111 to the byes.

Macrae, Libba, Hunter, Bont, Dunkley, McLean all fighting for primary midfield time. Would think the last 3 are most likely to have time up forward. But at what cost to their scoring and what split, who knows?

McLean LOCK

The reason I’m happy with picking Dunkley is because he showed that he’s better as an inside midfielder over Hunter, McLean & Wallis (who are all very good still).

Dunkley wasn’t just okay to finish last year, he absolutely dominated.

My thinking is Dunkley, Macrae & Libba starting in the centre bounce. Hunter on a wing (Bailey Smith on other wing if playing seniors). Wallis, Bont & McLean all playing forward/midfield roles rotating in at times when the main guys need a rest forward or on the bench, but Macrae, Dunkley & Libba the 3 full time inside midfielders.
You’re not just a pretty face :think:

This Dunkley love is reminding me of this boards Billings love this exact time last season!

I avoided that bullet as well and laughed all season at the rage with the blokes that started him as they vented on here with every passing week as he lost on average 20k a round!

By Rd 5 the popcorn is going to be popping again I feel.

This Dunkley love is reminding me of this boards Billings love this exact time last season!

I avoided that bullet as well and laughed all season at the rage with the blokes that started him as they vented on here with every passing week as he lost on average 20k a round!

By Rd 5 the popcorn is going to be popping again I feel.
Think JLT will settle some of these positional queries around the Bulldogs ....... although the rationale in playing himself as a mid is fairly solid

images
Sarah Jessica Parker & Camilla Parker Bowles are on an AFL list?

Mate of mine was doing some physio/exercise/rehab study unit in Melbourne over the weekend and one of the people in the class was Tom Williamson from Carlton.

He mentioned that Williamson said he currently had a back injury and would be back to full training in about 6 weeks.

So glad to hear it’s not a major issue for Tom, but for anyone with him in their side he might just be starting the year in the VFL as he works his way back from the injury.

Cheers kents :thumbsu:

Mate of mine was doing some physio/exercise/rehab study unit in Melbourne over the weekend and one of the people in the class was Tom Williamson from Carlton.

He mentioned that Williamson said he currently had a back injury and would be back to full training in about 6 weeks.

So glad to hear it’s not a major issue for Tom, but for anyone with him in their side he might just be starting the year in the VFL as he works his way back from the injury.

Cheers kents :thumbsu:

Will be a good downgrade target for a maxxed out rookie IMO.

Saw the Bombers had a training run today as well and Daniher looked really good ( Not that i am touching him EVER! ) but what i really want to know from the Bombers faithful was how Aaron Francis went?

Wanna have a small wager on who out of Dunkley and Robbie finishes with the higher average?

Mate i can't even pick me nose on the punt lately let alone a winning bet!

Elliot Yeo in doubt for West Coast Eagles' season opener against Brisbane due to toe injury

Yeo’s sore toe plagued him for much of the second half of 2018 and required minor clean-up surgery at the end of the season.
Speaking at West Coast’s pre-season community camp in Cervantes yesterday, the crack midfielder revealed he hoped to play some minutes in an intraclub practice match on Friday.
He says he is aiming for round one but that it was a race to get the “loads” into his legs to be fit.
“It has been pretty difficult. I have only just filtered through to the main group now,” Yeo said.
“I have been in rehab for the majority of the pre-season and that hasn’t been ideal, but I guess it is just trying to get everything right and get the load in the legs ready for round one. It (the toe) set me back a little bit.
“It was a little niggle I had for a fair bit of last year, probably from halfway through the year, and I just had to manage it as best I could.
“There were some weeks I could hardly train. Post-game it would feel pretty bad and it was about managing and resting and getting ready for the next game.”

Hmmm, I've been very keen on Yeo as one of my mids all pre-season but missing round 1 or coming into the season underdone would make it a tough call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mummy will definitely cop a couple for that.
After what Gaff did last year and the blow up on that...the AFL wont put up with it anymore!..nor should they!

not that he would ever be a chance, but that would rule him out of the Brownlow..yeah?
or like Scotty Thompson is to miss round 1...does a suspension given the previous year carry over to next as far as eligibility goes?...for brownlow?
Gaff in the same boat.

Mummy will definitely cop a couple for that.
After what Gaff did last year and the blow up on that...the AFL wont put up with it anymore!..nor should they!

not that he would ever be a chance, but that would rule him out of the Brownlow..yeah?
or like Scotty Thompson is to miss round 1...does a suspension given the previous year carry over to next as far as eligibility goes?...for brownlow?
Gaff in the same boat.
Don't think so. Obviously the suspension carries over via games but Gaff, for example, is still eligible for the charlie this year.

Mummy is only interested in the other type of charlie anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back