Injury 2019 Injuries

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Absolutely devastating.

Cancel the season. We are bottom 2 definitely.

There needs to be an investigation into our injuries and injury prevention practices.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
There are no words to describe how shitty this is. I hope that, against all odds, he can come back for a farewell game at the end of the year (or even better, a game where he proves he still has another year left in him).

The worst part isn't even the damage it does to us on field, even though it's a big blow. It sucks so much that it's Moz. Doesn't deserve to go out like this. It's gonna be a big battle to get up once again.

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The reaction on here is a testament to the man. A terrific player and a great bloke. Im genuinely gutted for him.

I’m trying to be optimistic about his chances of recovery. If anyone can do it, it’s Moz.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Absolutely devastating.

Cancel the season. We are bottom 2 definitely.

There needs to be an investigation into our injuries and injury prevention practices.

That's not the Dale Morris Way. He would never give up.

And here's me thinking I've had a shitty day with irrigation issues, power issues, pump issues and to get this news on top of that....shattered for Moz. He is my all time favourite a legendary player and an absolute gentleman.

I hope he goes again, but I fear that might be it.

I hate to think we might lose Moz and Picko at the same time....

Bloody sorry for Dale, I love him, but these older blokes are always one injury away from the end of their career. They never come back 100% from it. Unpopular opinion maybe but he should pull the pin now, no heroic attempts at comeback. Another unpopular opinion, Murphy should have retired at the end of 2016, and Picken should quit as well.

Sep 1, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Glory
We will need to select someone in the supplementaty period. Who is out there?
Today is the last day of the supplementary period. Might have a chance of asking for an extension from the AFL but I don't expect we will do anything today.

WCE Wizard

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Very sorry to hear, Morris is a champion player and person. His courage, leadership and work ethic are inspirational. That tackle on Buddy in the 2016 GF will live long in my memory.
The reaction on here is a testament to the man. A terrific player and a great bloke. Im genuinely gutted for him.

I’m trying to be optimistic about his chances of recovery. If anyone can do it, it’s Moz.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other teams seem to have made last minute signings. Have we missed the boat there?
Ended just over an hour ago. Not out of the question for the club to request an extension due to the unfortunately timing, but the official period has ended so we can assume we won't be recruiting a replacement

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ended just over an hour ago. Not out of the question for the club to request an extension due to the unfortunately timing, but the official period has ended so we can assume we won't be recruiting a replacement
I know its early to be talking about but this would be a massive blunder by the club imo. We need a replacement and were/are entitled to one.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know its early to be talking about but this would be a massive blunder by the club imo. We need a replacement and were/are entitled to one.
It's a really hard position to be in, because we don't know whether Morris will be back mid-season like in 2018, or if he's gone for the full year (in which case it is a bit of a mistake). We wouldn't want to place him on the long term injury list and recruit a replacement if Morris was set to recover within 12 weeks. If we had another week to figure things out then that would have been great, but the situation we were in was that Morris sustained his injury about 5 hours before the deadline was reached. Can't really draw up a contract and get someone to make a life changing decision (being recruited) with such little notice.

My hope is that the club will have spoken with the AFL about an extension, considering the injury happened hours before the deadline ended

Just drove by Whitten Oval and caught a glimpse of Beveridge's backup plan coming together. All is not lost.

I'm Fletcher!

bevo..jpg

Back