Injury 2019 Injuries

Didnt see the game but a few peoplel mentioned Cavarras old side got stuck into him a lot throughout the game. Gee bit rough, i understand roughing up an ex teammate whose changed clubs but surely not one whose only left to join an AFL club.

Pretty weak effort.

Did anyone watch the Chris Bell injury update on the WB website?
When he got to Lin Jong the slide said 2-3 weeks but Chris's commentary was "hopefully on the field of play next week".

So which one is it?

From the WB website:

1554247995970.png

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/injury-news

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs media have been saying JJ is a possibility this week - swear I've seen multiple people on here claiming he's confirmed out this week, so I'm guessing all those people would be McCraeBF alt accounts?

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Km

The junior burger in Dogs media probably need to check his info as Id back in Stevo (senior dogs media).
I get that he's usually reliable, but it's weird that they'd publish something on their own website, and leave it up, if it's inaccurate. I don't see JJ playing this week but I'll trust them that he's still a chance to come in

The weekly injury updates on the website seem to be a bit more comprehensive this year which is good. Perhaps the club is responding to long term criticism of the regularity and detail of info given out.
Yes, credit where it's due. I've been critical in the past but it has improved in format and maybe in content this year (despite the self-contradiction over Jong's return).

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Article on JJ on AFL.com.au - https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-04/unlikely-but-close-star-bulldog-edges-nearer-to-his-return

Seems he's looking more likely to return for the Collingwood game than Gold Coast, but even then it's not guaranteed. Also mentions that a combination of Trengove's VFL ankle injury, as well as gastro, is keeping him away from the club completely, so definitely won't be playing any footy this weekend.

They won't keep JJ out of the Collingwood game.

Trengove will probably only miss one

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Hey guys, great news. I run into Tommy Boyd this morning. Asked for a pickie and he obliged. I asked him how he was and he said great. He also said he is going to play his first game for the year next week. Great to have it from the horses mouth. THE MAIN MAN IS BBBAAACCCKKKK!!!!
I hope I'm wrong but I really doubt they'd have his first game be against Grundy?

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys, great news. I run into Tommy Boyd this morning. Asked for a pickie and he obliged. I asked him how he was and he said great. He also said he is going to play his first game for the year next week. Great to have it from the horses mouth. THE MAIN MAN IS BBBAAACCCKKKK!!!!

Strikes me as a really nice bloke. Did you get that sense when you met him? Great news too!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Injury news:

No new injuries for the AFL team.

Greene will be in a moonboot for 2-3 weeks with a fractured ankle and reassessed at that time.

No VFL game on the weekend but Cavarra, Khamis and Vandermeer expected in the week or two after that.

Touch wood but but easily the healthiest the list has been in years. Injuries to one senior player (Moz) and two injuries to fringe level players (Greene and Cavarra).

Last edited:
Back