Remove this Banner Ad

9c0c832dcfd53f1aaf2513813e880214.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

End of season injury list

Patton Knee Late season return
Setterfield Early season return
Tiziani Pre bye return

Shaw ?
Surgery completed so maybe a return to training in the new year and full contact around pre season games?
Kelly ?
Return to training in the new year and full contact during pre season games with an aim to be back for rd 1?
Scully ?
Unsure on this one as I am not sure if he has had complications from his ankle surgery and needs another op? Hope he is back for pre season day 1 but if he needs surgery i would hope the club has him ready for rd 1 next year
Greene?
Foot, get him in for surgery if he has any issue and get it sorted ASAP
Cameron?
Again unsure but foot problem and although he had a good season he was more dominant against the lower teams but he needs to dominate in the big games

I can see several players needing surgery with the list below
Davis
Bashed up this year and especially later in the season, shoulder and back
Corr
Groin I think and if the club goes down the surgery path or if rest is required

Taylor, Shipley and Simpson look like being ok for the first day of pre season

I am sure there will be others but will wait and see what comes out over the next week but apart from the top 3 the list looks in ok shape for pre season I just hope the club does not risk on injury prone players in the draft/trade period

How have we not got new/replaced medical staff members is beyond me. They are literally sabotaging the whole list. At this rate it doesnt matter who we pick up in the draft since theyll all be on the sidelines.

And of course it happens to the bloke we signed on a long term contract. Hope he doesnt pull a Scully and break a contract years earlier to seek a better medical department. We would probably ask for pick 60 in return as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were not just talking about one player getting injured but rather 2 years of sustained injury/rehab issues and while some of our players have simply experienced bad luck. It seems a vast majority of our injured players have been mismanaged to some degree when it comes to injury/rehab and the club has let down players and supporters alike and major questions need to asked on how the club is attempting to fix this issue.

Were not just talking about one player getting injured but rather 2 years of sustained injury/rehab issues and while some of our players have simply experienced bad luck. It seems a vast majority of our injured players have been mismanaged to some degree when it comes to injury/rehab and the club has let down players and supporters alike and major questions need to asked on how the club is attempting to fix this issue.

Totally agree and if it continues we will lose quality players because of it as well as opportunities to win a flag within the window.

It’s not good enough.

Last edited:
Which were mismanaged exactly?

It will actually effect player confidence and ultimately retention. If it wasn’t bad enough to load players up to the hilt to the point they were breaking down left right and centre it gets

Totally agree and if it continues we will lose quality players because of it as well as opportunities to win a flag within the window.

It’s not good enough.

Everything is fine...………………..

Am i right in that the articles mention an unspecified ankle injury? Given he played out the semi although not effective hopefully it is not too serious and it does say he will be back training after the xmas break só hoping he is but at the same time like most I do take these media reports with a grain of salt and hope for the best
I am confident the club can cover the injury short term during the season but it is dependant on all the other key pieces staying on the park and also being in form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back