Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Fox sports latest.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ca...1/news-story/9d83b9c7941624f6d5e5020c167e6980
2c46073418b4cde2f876836cd59f064c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Josh kelly just chilling on champers then I guess
Mumford hasn't played for 18 months, wont play for another month, but he isn't injured, just couldn't be ****ed rocking up for either JLT

Our honesty around injury is deplorable

esnaider10

Rookie
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Is there seriously not one bloody journalist who can head down to training and report on what the heck is going on with Kelly and Hopper. Beyond a joke.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
From a in the mix article on the AFL.com.au website
States Sheridan has been battling a minor calf issue (I was surprised he wasnt in any of the pre season games and this explains this)

GWS-header.png

The Giants don't usually throw first-year players into the mix early in the season but highly rated draftees Jackson Hately and Jye Caldwell looked ready-made players when they arrived at the Giants and both enhanced their reputations during the JLT Community Series. Hately is probably closer to earning himself a round-one debut against Essendon on Sunday after two consistent performances, while Caldwell was quieter in his second outing. Former Docker Tommy Sheridan isn't likely to be considered after battling a minor calf issue, while draftees Kieren Briggs, Ian Hill and Xavier O'Halloran aren't ready for senior footy but will feature this year. – Adam Curley

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Injury list is out and i think it is looking OK compared to past years but not compared to the Crows with only 2 players on there

Jye Caldwell Groin 1-2 weeks
Aidan Corr Groin Test
Nick Haynes Back Test
Zac Langdon Foot 3-4 weeks
Shane Mumford Suspended Round 3
Jon Patton Knee 8-10 weeks
Callan Ward Knee 3-4 weeks

No Caldwell then but that gives a chance to Hatley to put his hand up, Good to not see Sheridan on there and hopefully he can guide the young players through the NEAFL pre season and out his hand up for selection by rd 4
Pretty disappointing that Corr still has a groin problem and I just hope he doesnt need surgery during the year because that would make the medicos look stupid IMO with the opportunity to have it done at the end of last season

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Injury list is out and i think it is looking OK compared to past years but not compared to the Crows with only 2 players on there

Jye Caldwell Groin 1-2 weeks
Aidan Corr Groin Test
Nick Haynes Back Test
Zac Langdon Foot 3-4 weeks
Shane Mumford Suspended Round 3
Jon Patton Knee 8-10 weeks
Callan Ward Knee 3-4 weeks

No Caldwell then but that gives a chance to Hatley to put his hand up, Good to not see Sheridan on there and hopefully he can guide the young players through the NEAFL pre season and out his hand up for selection by rd 4
Pretty disappointing that Corr still has a groin problem and I just hope he doesnt need surgery during the year because that would make the medicos look stupid IMO with the opportunity to have it done at the end of last season
Bit of a long bow to assume he will need surgery and then criticise anyone because he hasn't had it. I think it's good he's back on the radar at least.

The lack of transparency with the injuries sometimes worries me.

I get that a lot of the times injuries can be quite complex issues and difficult to manage with regards to injury itself but also the time-frames... but it seems to be happening to a lot of our guys e.g. Greene, Corr, now Kelly.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
The lack of transparency with the injuries sometimes worries me.

I get that a lot of the times injuries can be quite complex issues and difficult to manage with regards to injury itself but also the time-frames... but it seems to be happening to a lot of our guys e.g. Greene, Corr, now Kelly.
We have the best social media in the game in my opinion, except for when it comes to injuries.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Kelly out for R1 will hurt. Seems like soreness rather than an injury and he might be a week to week prospect as a result until he gets his body right.

TBH i was sure he would play round 1

Kelly out for R1 will hurt. Seems like soreness rather than an injury and he might be a week to week prospect as a result until he gets his body right.

TBH i was sure he would play round 1
Soreness from what though? Hasn't played a JLT and there's been no word I can see of how much training recently his participated in. If it's his groin giving issues it could be a real problem for the season. The real lack of information coming out of the club really is worrying.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
With Kelly I just think it is he hasnt done enough pre season to go into a game and without any match fitness it could have caused some issues for him, also the 6 day break into the eagles game could have come into the thinking

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Soreness from what though? Hasn't played a JLT and there's been no word I can see of how much training recently his participated in. If it's his groin giving issues it could be a real problem for the season. The real lack of information coming out of the club really is worrying.
Soreness from surgery delaying a preseason I would assume

In the build up to get him fit (Leon said he did 12 km of running work last Saturday cos he didn’t play the intro club) he would be sore I assume

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Haynes played the whole game today so good news for him and Bonar seems to have had a good run, no mention of Corr

Suspended ruckman Shane Mumford dominated the ruck division in his first of two weeks in the NEAFL.

Cleared to play while serving his AFL suspension, Mumford started in the ruck and rotated with big man Matthew Flynn who spent a large chunk of the game in attack in the 10-point win.

Nick Haynes also got through his return from a back injury unscathed, playing out the entire match.

Aiden Bonar impressed with his inside work through the midfield, while Isaac Cumming rebounded aggressively from defence before he sat out late as a precautionary AFL emergency.

First-round draftee Jackson Hateley, who lost several kilograms during the week through illness, played three quarters.

Is Zac Williams injured? I saw him do a funny hop with about 2 minutes to go that looked suspiciously like achilles pain.

He got his leg bent the wrong way in a tackle and was limping around.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-26/giants-defender-perryman-ruled-out-with-punctured-lung

Punctured lung for Perryman and it sounds bad but the article makes it sound like he will only miss a few weeks, but i think it is more a wait and see and I was surprised perryman didnt go right off after the collision that caused the injury

Edit
https://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-03-26/westfund-rehab-report-round-two

No timeframe on perryman but sounds like 4-6 weeks with testing to be done over the next week or so
Keefe seems to have been lucky and could be in the 22 this week and with the eagles likely to play 2 rucks he will be needed if he makes the 22

Last edited:
Back