Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a few mentions in the media talks from the club and without more info hard to say and with the conservative approach the rehab team has been taking it wouldn’t surprise me if he isn’t named but I would say 50/50 at this stage

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2019-06-11/westfund-rehab-report-round-13

Jye Caldwell Calf 2 weeks
Aidan Corr Calf 2 weeks
Isaac Cumming Head TBC
Toby Greene Knee Test
Nick Haynes Ankle 2-3 weeks
Lachlan Keeffe Broken hand 4 weeks
Xavier O'Halloran Knee TBC
Jonathon Patton Knee TBC
Tommy Sheridan Calf 1 week
Zac Sproule Knee 4-6 weeks
Callan Ward Knee Season
Lachie Whitfield Collarbone 2-3 weeks

Injury list grew this week with some unlucky injuries and the bye is at the right time for a few players to have the extra week recovery but it will open the doors for some players to come in, Greene hopefully gets up and Sheridan back after the bye after pretty much missing the first half of the season. Hopefully some news on Patton comes out around the bye week as if he wants to play AFL this year he will need to be back playing not long after that
Interesting that the AFL.com.au list has Cumming as a test and the Club list does not list him

Not sure on other injuries from the weekend but any info on De Boer and his shoulder? Hoping it is not too bad and he is right for the Bombers game

All Leon said was he was sore and they pulled him off to make sure.(edit: get minds out of the gutter)

Would think he will be ok for the Bombers with a week off.

Needed that bye.

Whitfield due for the Bombers game or Lions?
Hope he's up for the Bombers game but given how conservative they've been with injuries this year, won't be surprised if he's out for one more after the bye. The fact they play on the Thursday night probably goes against them too. If it was a Sunday game, that's an extra 3 days. Doesn't sound like much but in this context it could mean the difference between playing round 15 and not playing.

Hope he's up for the Bombers game but given how conservative they've been with injuries this year, won't be surprised if he's out for one more after the bye. The fact they play on the Thursday night probably goes against them too. If it was a Sunday game, that's an extra 3 days. Doesn't sound like much but in this context it could mean the difference between playing round 15 and not playing.

Yep very very conservative which is obviously good. Probably hasn't hurt us since we are 2nd.

To be honest as much as I would love him back we have the talent to do the job against them and would rather we waited, even if there was only 1% chance of him not being ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible news. Reckon he would be right up there in the B & F at the moment.

Come on down Hately?

Uhhh... no way on the AA contention though. They don't pick taggers in the AA squad or team.
Hately might get in for a week if Whitfield is not ready. Aside from the De Boer news, will we get an injury update this week, given they have the bye? If Whitfield is ready, reckon he'll come in for De Boer. Kennedy tagged yesterday too, so guessing he'll become the number 1 run with player.

I think we're more likely to just go no tagger. It's not vital in our scheme, it's just that de Boer is so good why ignore our strengths.

Whitfield still a couple of weeks away
That's why I was hoping for an injury update this week. They said they were aiming for round 15, which is after the bye. Update from last week was 2-3 weeks away. If that is two weeks, means he should be right for round 15. I know they won't risk him though (nor should they) and playing on the Thursday after the bye would count against his chances too.

Shaw Davis Williams
Kennedy Taylor Stein
Kelly Coniglio Tomlinson
Greene Cameron Deledio
Daniels HH Langdon
Mummy Hopper Taranto
Reid Hately Perryman Finlayson

Bad luck for him, he plays hard & came off 2nd best this time.

Respect to GWS for not squealing and making an issue out of it either. This is a very good cultural trait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back