Injury 2019 Injury Thread

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Tough luck for De Boer and it shows how hard the game is and unlucky for him and he will be missed with a tough run of games coming up but it will be up to other members of the team to step up and good to see no other injuries from the weekends games and the players at least have a 11 day break between games so hopefully the momentum continues
After the bye it looks like several players will come back in through the NEAFL, Caldwell, Corr, Sheridan and Bonar and I would have Langdon, Lloyd and Hately in line for a call up for the Bombers game to replace MDB
Good to see Sheridan ready to go and I think he will add experience to the neafl team in the back half of the year
Disappointed no more news on O'Halloran but with the club not releasing anything the afl website just deducts a week from the players
Hoping for some news on Patton and he cant be far away from main training if he wants to play seniors this year

Jye Caldwell Calf 1 week
Aidan Corr Calf 1 week
Matt de Boer Shoulder 8 weeks
Nick Haynes Ankle 1-2 weeks
Lachlan Keeffe Broken hand 3 weeks
Xavier O'Halloran Knee TBC
Jonathon Patton Knee TBC
Tommy Sheridan Calf Test
Zac Sproule Knee 4-6 weeks
Callan Ward Knee Season
Lachie Whitfield Collarbone 1-2 weeks

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hmmmm
Screenshot_20190625-184218_GWS%20Giants.jpeg

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
I thought Caldwell and Corr would have been ready this week but calfs can be tricky and one that is easily re-injured so again another cautious option taken by the rehab team
No news again on Patton and with NN back playing and both knees were done within a few weeks of each other maybe Patton is slower in his recovery or they are again being cautious
Hoping a week for no injuries to let some players get back into the reserves for what will be a tough 6 weeks

Jye Caldwell Calf 1-2 weeks
Aidan Corr Calf 1 week
Matt de Boer Shoulder 8 weeks
Lachlan Keeffe Broken hand 4 weeks
Xavier O'Halloran Knee 6 weeks
Jonathon Patton Knee TBC
Zac Sproule Knee 3 weeks
Callan Ward Knee Season
Lachie Whitfield Collarbone 2 weeks

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Only the one injury from the weekend with Sheridan doing his calf again so I would put a line through him for the year and it willow interesting to see what the club does with him
Not sure if Corr re-injured his calf or they are just loading him to test it but it has been a big year for Taylor so hopefully he does get back this year
Good news is Patton isn’t to far away and after the Lions game the reserves head to Darwin so it will likely be the week after a home game
Caldwell back in this week is good and hopefully he can stay fit and push for a debut later on in the season if his form warrants selection
Not much movement in the other players and D Buckley not listed so hopefully he comes back into the reserves to add some depth for what will be a tough game against the unbeaten lions who for comparison only have 3 on their injury list 2 tests and a 1 week injury so pretty remarkable and why the reserves are playing so well with the continuity the team will have with the players

Aidan Corr Calf 3 weeks
Matt de Boer Shoulder 6-8 weeks
Lachlan Keeffe Hand 3 weeks
Xavier O'Halloran Knee 4-6 weeks
Jonathon Patton Knee TBC
Tommy Sheridan Calf TBC
Zach Sproule Knee 1-2 weeks
Callan Ward knee Season
Lachie Whitfield Collarbone Test

Last edited:

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Hoping to see some movement in the injury list with it significantly starting to impact both teams fortunes and a few non listed players last week not playing in Cumming, D + J Buckley so not sure of the injuries but hopefully not significant
Unlucky for Kelly and his body is starting to let him down at crucial moments of the season and he is needed for finals but also for the big games so hopefully he is back fast
Wait and see on Coniglio but if he misses the midfield will be as young as the clubs 3rd year with maybe Shipley coming in and Taranto and Hopper as the main on ballers

Rehab Group - July 9
Lachie WhitfieldCollarboneTest
Stephen ConiglioKneeTest
Shane MumfordSorenessTest
Lachie KeeffeHandTest
Aidan CorrCalf2-3 weeks
Josh KellyCalf3 weeks
Isaac CummingHamstring4 weeks
Xavier O'HalloranKnee4 weeks
Matt de BoerShoulder5-7 weeks
Tommy SheridanCalfTBC
Jonny PattonKneeTBC
Callan WardKneeSeason

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Cumming out four weeks with a soft tissue injury. Was this even suffered during a game???

Also there is a genuine calf epidemic at the club. Who will be next Deledio or Caldwell?

I assume they have left the Buckleys off the injury sheet as no one knows they are on the list so won't ark up about it being so lengthy.

Also there is a genuine calf epidemic at the club. Who will be next Deledio or Caldwell?
Of course there's lots of calf injuries - the Running of the Bulls is on!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Good to see that Sproule will be back to play this weekend and such a well performed player in the NEAFL now and hoping Keffe is back in the NEAFL for the trip to Darwin
Unlucky for Cumming as he would have been in line for game and could have cemented a spot in the side
Surprised Patton doesnt have a time line for his return but again with the extra cautious approach this year I understand but even for half a game in the NEAFL next week whould be his aim if he wants to be back in the AFL this season
Unlucky year for Corr and hopefully he doesnt see any more setbacks this year and can come back before finals to build some form

Hoping for speedy recoveries for Kelly and MDB

Sigh.

Should still make finals but will be just making up the numbers I feel

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, this is where I'm at too. Too much would need to go exactly right for anything to happen this year now that we've basically lost our entire first choice midfield for the next month and 2/3rds of it for the season.

Sime11

Team Captain
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Kelly, Cogs, Ward for starters...

take Pendles, Treloar, sidebottom or Dangerfield, Kelly, Duncan or Gaff, Shuey & Yeo out of those sides... dont give them much of a chance either....

we just cant take a fn break, except its been like this for 4 consecutive freaking years...

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Another week until some players start coming back from some LTIs and a few that went down on the weekend not listed so it will be interesting to see the reserves team on Thursday and with the Adelaide away trip that will take a emergency with them.
Still no confirmed date for Patton after he was mentioned a week ago which leads me to believe he wont get back into seniors and they are protecting him from any injury that may prevent any trade going through
Players not listed that are under some kind of injury cloud are D + J Buckley who both havent been seen for a few weeks in the reserves and then Kennedy who I feel is unlikely to play this weekend until the test results are back and he has had some game simulation tests done and then Buntine who was injured in the reserves game but no mention of him

Aidan CorrCalf1 week
Xavier O'HalloranKnee1 week
Tommy SheridanCalf1 week
Josh KellyCalf2 weeks
Isaac CummingHamstring2 weeks
Matt de BoerShoulder3 weeks
Stephen ConiglioKnee7 weeks
Zac LangdonAnkle7 weeks
Jonny PattonKneeTBC
Callan WardKneeSeason
Matt FlynnKneeSeason

Back