Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Ignore him.

In other news the Westfund Rehab Report is up and Sammy Taylor's hammy is more than tightness. 4 weeks if you don't mind.

Also other than Deledio and Kennedy no returnees this week and to make matters worse it's an NEAFL bye the week after!

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Not much movement and a lost season for Corr and with how he ended last year he will need to work on his durability although I dont see any danger in him not being re-signed next year I cant see him having any more games in seniors this year but with the NEAFL bye the following week it will mean likely 4 players will come back in and also maybe the unlisted trio of the Buckleys and Buntine may be a chance this week
Pretty disappointed that Patton wont be seen at senior level this year (My opinion) and possibly he wont play at senior level for the club again with the trade talk but I do hope he carries on at senior level and is injury free and he hopefully gets at least a 2+ year contract whereever he ends up

Aidan CorrCalf1 week
Xavier O'HalloranKnee1 week
Josh KellyCalf1 week
Isaac CummingHamstring1 week
Matt de BoerShoulder2 weeks
Sam TaylorHamstring4 weeks
Stephen ConiglioKnee6 weeks
Zac LangdonAnkle6 weeks
Jonny PattonKneeTBC
Callan WardKneeSeason
Matt FlynnKneeSeason

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
From LCs talk on SEN he did say that Patton has had a couple of minor setbacks at training and he could be back in 2-3 weeks but he didnt say what the setbacks were. I still think we wont see him in seniors this year and after this weekends Swans game the NEAFL team has 2 regular season games left with Brisbane at home and then away to the Suns so hopefully he can play 1 or 2 of those and if the team is in finals that will give him another game

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS

Some good news on the injury front with 7+ players likely to come of for this weekends game and hopefully the unlisted are back playing
And hopefully no injuries from this weeks game will really add to the possible inclusions for those that need to see some game time before finals, with no NEAFL game they should have plenty of listed players available for the curtain raiser before the Doggies game in 11 days and the chance for a few to push for inclusion v the suns

Jeremy CameronCalfTest
Josh KellyCalfTest
Matt de BoerShoulderTest
Sam TaylorHamstring3 weeks
Stephen ConiglioKnee5 weeks
Zac LangdonAnkle5 weeks
Jonny PattonKneeTBC
Callan WardKneeSeason
Matt FlynnKneeSeason

curnow inferno

Team Captain
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Has there been any word on how coniglio is going post op?
All i read was cartilage which im assuming is referring to meniscus tear.
Hopefully it doesnt hamper him like it has with josh kelly the last 2 years who had a similar injury to begin with.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
THE REAL INJURY LIST
Several unknowns and a whole lot of tests and it will be interesting to see what the club announces on Monday and Tuesday regarding players but the 9 day break with the Sunday game will give everyone the opportunity to get on the park be it NEAFL or afl

Ward Knee Season
Flynn Knee Season
Patton Knee Season Unlikely to see him with the news from the club
Coniglio Knee Season May play if the club gets 2 finals but coming in of an 8 week break
Langdon Ankle Season Same as Coniglio and with an injury interrupted season he needs to get ready for day 1 of pre season
Taylor Hamstring 3 weeks should be back for week 1 of finals but depending on how his fitness is with being able to run during his rehab
Hopper Hamstring back for week 1 of finals if his rehab goes well
TOJ Unknown but back for week 1 of the finals
Deledio Calf unknown but most of his calf’s have been at least 6 weeks minimum but I think that was his last game
HH Test
De Bôer Test
Kelly Test
Corr Calf Test he has had a wasted season with a couple of games after coming back from groin issues last year
Cumming Test Hamstring
Taranto Hamstring Test
Buntine Unknown
D Buckley Unknown but I think he had back issues earlier in the year
J Buckley Unknown
Briggs Hip went off in the last NEAFL game

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Great post Fridge. Wish the club was more honest and reflected the above.

Tend to think they will give Corr another year in 2020 as they would have egg on face when he was traded to Hawthorn for a 3rd round pick and plays 22 games.

Bottom line this club is going nowhere without a big investment in the medical and strength/conditioning depts.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Wasn’t there a big change this year in the medical team? I’m sketchy on details

For the first half of the year it seemed to be working well with that conservative approach

Now...

Brave New World

Team Captain
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone else see the pre-match week film exerts filmed by Haynes and shown on Channel 7? There were Pilates, lots of recovery baths, even one of those solitary chambers where presumably one finds oneself. It certainly looked new age or cutting edge depending upon one's vintage.

They also drank a lot of coffee (in the modern disposable way). There's an AFL grant for you, the causal link between plastic, coffee and soft-tissue injuries.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Missed Lloyd from the list and not exactly sure but I may have read a soft tissue of some kind but it will be interesting to see the rehab report and then the players named to play on Thursday

TOJ also out with a Hamstring so a test for the first week of finals going by the others with that injury

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
Another light on rehab report for those interested.

No mention of Hopper (inc how/when he picked up his injury), Finlayson (ditto after not featuring in last week's rehab report), Taranto, Lloyd etc.

Deledio done his calf for the gazillionth time.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
My injury list for this week

Ward Knee Season
Flynn Knee Season
Patton Knee Season
Deledio Calf Season
Langdon Ankle Season
Lloyd Calf 1st Final but will need to play the 1st NEAFL final the bye week if he is eligible
Coniglio Knee 1st Final possible
TOJ Hamstring 1st Final
Hopper Hamstring 1st Final
Taylor Hamstring 1st Final
Cameron Hamstring Test Unlikely with no need to risk him this close to finals
Taranto Hamstring Test He has had a heavy workload this year so they may not take a chance to ensure he is good gor the Suns game and finals
Kelly Calf Test Probably will play but underdone all season long but he will be good for the 2 runs before finals
MDB Shoulder Test Probably will play but underdone and 2 runs before finals will see him ready and firing week 1
Corr Calf Test Ready to come back but will need 2-3 NEAFL games before being ready for senior selection so unlikely unless issues arise with the 1st choice defenders
Buntine Test He hasnt been on the injury list the last few weeks so unsure of his injury and he was on the emergencies list last week but unlikely due to not playing any footy for the last 4 weeks
Briggs Hip Test Hurt in the last NEAFL game so until he is on the field there is a doubt for him
D Buckley ??? Strained something while doing his podcast maybe
J Buckley ??? Body not able to put up with NEAFL footy means he will be a permanent fixture in rehab if he cracks seniors in 2-3 years time

Not really news but it will be interesting to see if Deledio is interested in going around again and if anyone offers him a deal
He'd have to be willing to be on a minimum contract with substantive match payments rather than "wage" to go forward surely

Andre the Giant

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2012
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
GWS
I think Deledio would probably need to be delisted and brought back as a rookie if there was a spot. He’s got a wonderful attitude to training and is a good guy to have in the club but his body is a big risk to leave on primary list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back