Cockarfitt

07, 09, 11
Feb 16, 2007
On Top Of The World
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Syd FC, Pelicans, Saints
RD 21 will do 3 games H/A the week off and 3 finals.
He's been training strongly now for a little bit. The aim is to get a large training block into him before he plays VFL. He could realistically play this week but they're being ultra conservative. I think we'll see him in the VFL in 4 or 5 weeks based on the reports I've read. Say about round 13-14.

bulletproof

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
He's been training strongly now for a little bit. The aim is to get a large training block into him before he plays VFL. He could realistically play this week but they're being ultra conservative. I think we'll see him in the VFL in 4 or 5 weeks based on the reports I've read. Say about round 13-14.
Thanks, appreciate the Updates.

Landgraft

Premiership Player
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Shockingly that would be consistent with the medium term diagnosis on the club website (4-8 weeks, but he's been that way for a few now).

Cockarfitt

07, 09, 11
Feb 16, 2007
On Top Of The World
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Syd FC, Pelicans, Saints
Shockingly that would be consistent with the medium term diagnosis on the club website (4-8 weeks, but he's been that way for a few now).
He's doing a mini pre-season. Given his knee injury and previous hamstring issues they're taking the ultra conservative approach and giving his legs a test on the track to make sure he's 100% right to go before he returns. Pretty sensible for a player they rate extremely highly.

He didn't look hindered at all on the track and looked in really good nick but that was from limited vision.

Unless there's a set-back again, which we'll never know then he shouldn't be too far away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Menegola out until after the bye:

Winning so many games early means we can afford to take the time to get guys like Menegola and Selwood right. Glad it's happening now and not on the eve of finals. It also might explain some of his struggles so far this year.

Down at K Park

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
He did have knee surgery post season last year and didnt start training till christmas i think. I wonder if its the same issue?

kingcod

Rookie
Jun 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Forgive my ignorance but with Henderson rupturing his plantar fascia is that a similar result to What Harvey did jumping off a table? That it will heal quickly?

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
He did have knee surgery post season last year and didnt start training till christmas i think. I wonder if its the same issue?
He wasn't a certainty for round 1 either iirc.
They were getting the k's into his legs during the JLT - we saw him jogging with a physio after playing in the JLT over here , looked like he was doing around 5 kilometres based on where we saw him from the ground.

Cockarfitt

07, 09, 11
Feb 16, 2007
On Top Of The World
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Syd FC, Pelicans, Saints
However, Lachie Henderson is expected to miss the next handful of matches after re-injuring his plantar fascia that ruled him out of the start to the season.

"He'll miss 2-3 weeks, we think, but long-term, because he's got a small rupture in that plantar fascia, that will be a better outcome for him," Scott said.

Top Bottom