Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me what's up with our medicos and the timelines they give the public?

Menegola was back after the bye, now Scott said this:

Sav was meant to play against Port right? Now Scott has said this:

It seems like every single player doesn't come back on time.

Are we lied to with the timelines or do they just suck?

No idea about Menegola, but Scott said Ratugolea had had a setback in the leadup to the Port game.

Can someone tell me what's up with our medicos and the timelines they give the public?

Menegola was back after the bye, now Scott said this:

Sav was meant to play against Port right? Now Scott has said this:

It seems like every single player doesn't come back on time.

Are we lied to with the timelines or do they just suck?
Everybody recovers at a different rate. Some have set backs. It’s not that hard to figure out really.

So NC is on the rzors edge ..

View attachment 706720
3 weeks ..then 4 VFL games .....

I reckon he has another 3 weeks, then builds up to it with 3 solid weeks in the VFL. If all goes well, then he can come in against the Blues at home to show if he's ready to play finals.

I'm just happy to see his injury update tracking in the right direction, rather than 'tbc' or 'indefinite.' Either way, if he actually stays on the park, then we'll get something half decent for him if he wants a fresh start. Only needs 1 or 2 solid games to remind people just how good he is

Love Scotty's pressers...
Dodge Weave Duck Move... the never let them nail u down mentality.
Give them something... or is he... without giving them everything... did he actually give them something?? maybe ?? Yes ?? No ??
Pisser!
He is a great ambassador and face of the Geelong Football Club.
Cheers Boys!!

I reckon he has another 3 weeks, then builds up to it with 3 solid weeks in the VFL. If all goes well, then he can come in against the Blues at home to show if he's ready to play finals.

I'm just happy to see his injury update tracking in the right direction, rather than 'tbc' or 'indefinite.' Either way, if he actually stays on the park, then we'll get something half decent for him if he wants a fresh start. Only needs 1 or 2 solid games to remind people just how good he is

EDIT: Just watched Scotty's presser (more informative than usual), and it seems a lot more likely that he probably doesn't make it in for finals. Things like 'he'll need to play a lot of VFL footy before we're convinced' and 'we're thinking about the next 7 or 8 years' etc. He'd have to absolutely dominate in the VFL (which he is capable of), but I'd think now that it's more unlikely than likely that we see him play AFL this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EDIT: Just watched Scotty's presser (more informative than usual), and it seems a lot more likely that he probably doesn't make it in for finals. Things like 'he'll need to play a lot of VFL footy before we're convinced' and 'we're thinking about the next 7 or 8 years' etc. He'd have to absolutely dominate in the VFL (which he is capable of), but I'd think now that it's more unlikely than likely that we see him play AFL this year.

Just the type of noise everyone wants to hear for a player who is OOC

Cockatoo will play the last 4 games at VFL level then play seniors in the first final.
With the pace of the game difference be the 2 imo a final being his first afl game is beyond risky.

He’ll blow up. Don’t care how many repeat 200’s and vfl games he’s done.

Not saying he can’t play but the afl match fitness would be lacking and not sure a final is the place to find it - as Talented as he is .

Go Catters

With the pace of the game difference be the 2 imo a final being his first afl game is beyond risky.

He’ll blow up. Don’t care how many repeat 200’s and vfl games he’s done.

Not saying he can’t play but the afl match fitness would be lacking and not sure a final is the place to find it - as Talented as he is .

Go Catters

Have to agree, Daz. Not that I think Nakia is any realistic chance of playing in the seniors at any stage this season, anyway.

But, if he was to play in the ones, they would surely have to 'risk' him in Round 23 against the Tankers first rather than simply gamble on him getting through the high intensity of a huge final as his first game back at the elite level.

His record of getting through any game of footy is so parlous right now that you couldn't sensibly put him out there and hope for the best in a game of such crucial significance.

He said midfielder Sam Menegola was an outside chance to play in the VFL this week while Nakia Cockatoo, who also had a knee injury, was back in full training although no date had been set for his return.

"He is a remarkable aerobic athlete and he is in really good shape," Scott said of Menegola.

"He trains in a manner that suggests that he could come in and do the job, but if we were looking at risk/reward, playing a couple of games in the VFL just makes perfect sense.

"We haven't got a whole lot to gain by bringing him back prematurely."

Good.
The less talk about Crockatoo the better this year. Let it be.

Good.
The less talk about Crockatoo the better this year. Let it be.
Regardless of form, it's probably best Cocky stays in the vfl for the yr...Of course the temptation will be there if he strings a month of footy leading into the afl finals. Let him be the Xfactor for the vfl cats if they make finals. I'm quite happy to hear that he's training well since he's been back out w the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back