Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's back!! Everyone's favourite thread outside of the Chris Scott thread is back for another year.

I don't actually know of any injury news I just wanted to scare people by starting this thread

:D :D :D

But let's keep all injury news here make it easy, I'm sure the good folk at K-Rock will keep us up to date and in the loop all year long

Take with thy grain of salt...

32A95D41-425D-4FDE-8027-606D142E0796.jpeg

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
It's back!! Everyone's favourite thread outside of the Chris Scott thread is back for another year.

I don't actually know of any injury news I just wanted to scare people by starting this thread

:D :D :D

But let's keep all injury news here make it easy, I'm sure the good folk at K-Rock will keep us up to date and in the loop all year long

Your timing is impeccable

More interestingly, how many games do you think before he breaks down again?
I'll give him 6 weeks out of action at the start of the season, then upon his return he will spend 4/5 weeks in the VFL building his fitness before returning to the seniors on the second half of the season

Alternatively, he'll become the new face of the hit video game, "Where in the World is Carmen Cockatoo" - and we'll have no idea what's happened to him

goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Scott’s comments on Cockatoo, infuriatingly vague as ever. So many words, so little information.

The club continues to be consistently obdurate (and, yes, quite infuriating) in providing next to no meaningful updates about any injured players at the club.

Having said that, I can actually somewhat understand opaque communication about Cocky's injury status. His history at the club thus far appears to indicate that nobody really has the faintest idea of what it would look like for him to be properly fit and game-ready. And I would include Nakia himself in that assessment.

Which is why his seemingly inevitable rushed return to the seniors once he's 'fit' will be an even greater source of consternation.

Just get him playing week in, week out in the twos (and properly extending himself there) before even beginning to contemplate the possibility of a senior return.

Surely that's the only prudent way forward from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farmer2Goggin

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics
Scott’s comments on Cockatoo, infuriatingly vague as ever. So many words, so little information.

Vague is the word - WTF is an "Adductor" ? How can he play when he has a condition no-one has ever heard of :eek:
Seriously though - want him on the field , he could be a serious weapon in the guts with the 666 in place

Didn’t Ssel play in the VFL practice match for a half last week?
Unless he rehurt himself I can’t see that being accurate
*narrator voice*

He did re-hurt himself.

Back