Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the part of the pre-season where injuries happen. I'm not concerned about a few soft tissue injuries. Just no structural ones (knees, hips, shoulders etc.) would be great.

Good that there is no mention of Rockcliff. I will be very interested to see what a fully fit Rocky has to offer us.
If Rockliff can play how he did mid-season over a whole season then he'd be great. The bookends however were terrible.

Imagine being a highly regarded AFL player who has been at a club for 12 months and people still add mysterious extra C's when spelling your name.

Bob Rockpiff
Rockcliffe.

Imagine being a highly regarded AFL player who has been at a club for 12 months and people still add mysterious extra C's when spelling your name.

Bob Rockpiff
As long as we don't get the geniuses who brought us Malcom involved.

"I'm sorry there's only one C in his name."
"And here's Tom Rokcliff folks!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[B]Lee Gaskin[/B]‏Verified account @[B]Lee_Gaskin1[/B] 27s27 seconds ago
More
Lienert, Powell-Pepper, Sam Gray, McKenzie, Johnson, Ryder, Bonner and Hartlett in the rehab group at Port training @AFLcomau
I will try and add all the operations - from 2018 and then the off season and see how that impacts their training program

Had operation in 2018
Hamish Hartlett ACL............... April
Willem Drew Heel .................. May
Sam Hayes ACL..................... June
Joel Garner shoulder .............. July
Charlie Dixon Fibula and ankle. August

Post season
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-08-29/injury-update-postseason
Tom Rockliff left shoulder reconstruction. Running in November.full-contact training early in the new year.

Jack Watts had a minor clean-up of his right ankle which is not expected to impact his off-season.

Riley Bonner had minor surgery to remove a bone spur on his left foot and

Karl Amon surgery to correct a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee after experiencing recurrent soreness but both are expected to be able to return to running in time for pre-season training.

Robbie Gray surgery had a clean-out of his right knee. Robbie’s surgery is unlikely to have a significant impact on his off-season program and he will be able to resume pre-season training with the rest of the team in November.”

Was in Rehab at end of Rd 23 2018
* Joel Garner had resumed running after shoulder surgery,
* Todd Marshall is expected to be running again in late September
* Willem Drew, Matthew Broadbent and Tom Clurey, are expected to join pre-season training in November.
* Charlie Dixon is expected to have a delayed start to pre-season training
* Sam Hayes is expected to start running again in September while
* Hamish Hartlett is on track to undertake most of the pre-season training after making good progress

Has anyone actually been ruled out for Round 1 in the AFL or SANFL? To me it sounds like everyone will be around the mark.
There is no need to play Sam Hayes rd 1. Give him the full 12 months off.

There is no need to play Sam Hayes rd 1. Give him the full 12 months off.
Are ACL injuries even 12 months these days with the technology out there? Could be closer to 10 months a lot of the time.

Are ACL injuries even 12 months these days with the technology out there? Could be closer to 10 months a lot of the time.
There is no real change in technology the last decade when doing a traditional ACL operation. Its the rehab program that has changed and improved. But why risk a young untried player?

Nick Nat did his Rd 22 2016 and he basically had 18 months off an came back rd 1 2018. There was talk that he would make a comeback for 2017 finals but WCE said its not worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back