Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right. Looks like they took the list from a week or 2 ago and added Ryder.

The list on the AFL site says it was updated today, doesn't have Robbie and moves Ollie and Dixon to 3-5 weeks. It increases Hartlett from 1-2 to 3-4 weeks though. Add in some SANFL games and we may well not see him back to after Wines and/or Dixon.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

As soon as Hartlett started talking about coming back through the SANFL you know he’s had a bit of a setback.

I reckon Dixon, Wines, Hartlett and Broadbent will be in the side to play Richmond.

So we have appointed a Vice Captain who will not be 100% fit until half way through the year and a Co Captain who is in doubt for the first couple of rounds at least. This is the same Vice Captain who has his share of injury and who we put up for trade two years back? Maybe Koch needs to get back to the players and ask if they will approve the appointment of a Co Vice Captain?

At this rate Jonas will need to stay fit and suspension free.

Patmore (ACL) - season

Sam Hayes (Knee) — 6-10 weeks

Charlie Dixon (Leg/ankle) — 4-8 weeks

Ollie Wines (Shoulder) 4-8 weeks

Joe Atley (Knee) — 4-6 weeks

Hamish Hartlett (Knee) — 1-2 weeks

Ryder (cheekbone) - 2 weeks

Riley Grundy (leg infection) — Test

A depressed fracture of the cheekbone for Ryder. In doubt for R1.

A medical strain for Leinert, will miss between 2-4 weeks.

Patmore (ACL) - season

Sam Hayes (Knee) — 6-10 weeks

Charlie Dixon (Leg/ankle) — 4-8 weeks

Ollie Wines (Shoulder) 4-8 weeks

Joe Atley (Knee) — 4-6 weeks

Hamish Hartlett (Knee) — 1-2 weeks

Ryder (cheekbone) - 2 weeks

Riley Grundy (leg infection) — Test
Where did you get this from and where are Trengove and Lienert?

Have a feeling it’s just going to be one of those years with injuries. Think a few players will be carrying issues throughout the year which will affect us

The injuries have just been bad luck. We haven't been cursed with a spate of, say, soft tissue injuries as a result of poor training methods or preparation.
There's no rhyme or reason to bad luck, no hoodoos, curses, or any of that nonsense. So there is absolutely no reason thus far to think "it's going to be one of those years".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Wednesday Powerstufff posted an injury list that had Grundy out for 6-8 weeks. Now he's a test.

Is somebody just making these up?

On Wednesday Powerstufff posted an injury list that had Grundy out for 6-8 weeks. Now he's a test.

Is somebody just making these up?
I think someone queried knee-ebola. Apparently it clears up faster than regular ebola. Well I should point out regular ebola doesn't so much clear up as kills you but you get the drift.

Great. This shithole season just keeps delivering fabulous news :sick:
Depressed cherkbones usually take 8 to 10 weeks dont they? In doubt forvR1?
Stuff me! Are you serious? Why not rub him out for the whole season while you are at it!

In 2017 Dustin Martin played the next week after fracturing his cheekbone. Brad Crouch missed one week for the same. In 2018 Nathan Broad missed one week for the same, while Ben McEvoy missed two.

Seems to be that Paddy's is a basic depression of the cheekbone, not a compound fracture. He is a tough bugger, and with two weeks to go, I doubt he will miss round one!

What's the situation with the new rules about drafting supplementary players? As Jake Patmore sadly has just got a season-ending injury, can we replace him for the coming season with someone overlooked in the draft? I recall reading somewhere that clubs have until the end of March to draft such players.

What's the situation with the new rules about drafting supplementary players? As Jake Patmore sadly has just got a season-ending injury, can we replace him for the coming season with someone overlooked in the draft? I recall reading somewhere that clubs have until the end of March to draft such players.

How does this work? Is it delisted free agents or even a state league player we can pick up?

I reckon nobody would make it to AFL level on a 1 year deal but I wouldn’t mind Grigg or Barlow in the middle of the SANFL side just to add some firepower in there.

A MID-SEASON rookie draft is in place in the AFL in 2019.

Clubs will also be able to sign players via the rookie list between December 1 and March 15 to replace retired or seriously injured players.

To be eligible for the new rookie-list places, players must have previously nominated for the NAB AFL Draft, or had previously been on the list of an AFL club.

Clubs will be able to take part in the mid-season rookie draft if they have a list spot available, or if they create one by moving a long-term injured or retired player to the new 'inactive list'.

e.g Patmore is out for the year so we can draft someone until March 15 to replace him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back