Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-03-18/injury-update-ahead-of-round-1

Injury list as of March 18, 2019
Paddy Ryder – cheek (test)
Ollie Wines – shoulder (2-3 weeks)
Charlie Dixon – leg (TBD)
Jarrod Lienert – knee (TBD)
Riley Grundy – knee (TBD)
Sam Hayes – knee (TBD)
Jake Patmore – knee (season)

hartlett and atley playing friday night trial game.

Dixon as TBD is worrying, hopefully doesn't ruin his whole year but dont think we'll see the Best of Charlie for some time.

Unfortunately I think we've seen the best of him.

At Gold Coast.
The elimination final against west coast in 2017 was the best and worst of him at the same time. If only he could've kicked straight it would've been one of the great finals performances. Unfortunately it's been all bad since, her's even failed to hit targets in his injury recovery.

The elimination final against west coast in 2017 was the best and worst of him at the same time. If only he could've kicked straight it would've been one of the great finals performances. Unfortunately it's been all bad since, her's even failed to hit targets in his injury recovery.

The idea of Charlie Dixon as a player is still poles apart from the actual reality of Charlie Dixon as a player.

bloody hard on charlie in here!
name me one player in the afl who would play his role better than what hes done over the last few years?? With our crap game plan, our lack of surrounding tall forwards, the poor inside 50 kicking, the leaving him 1 on 3 in the forward line etc.
No player would have done any different to what hes done for us. has been immense. If he had, like this year a, couple talls around him, it would make all the difference!

Ken says Charlie is struggling and expected to be back between rounds 4-6. With the "all things going well" tagged onto that, I'd say there's a good chance it'll be a few weeks after that in the SANFL and we won't see him in the AFL team until after the bye.

bloody hard on charlie in here!
name me one player in the afl who would play his role better than what hes done over the last few years?? With our crap game plan, our lack of surrounding tall forwards, the poor inside 50 kicking, the leaving him 1 on 3 in the forward line etc.
No player would have done any different to what hes done for us. has been immense. If he had, like this year a, couple talls around him, it would make all the difference!

He took until round 13 last year to kick more than 1 goal in a game. Round 13. Even in our dysfunctional setup, you can't tell me that the likes of Kennedy, Darling, Walker, Franklin, Lynch, Cameron, Hogan, Hawkins, Brown and any number of others would've put up numbers like that.

He took until round 13 last year to kick more than 1 goal in a game. Round 13. Even in our dysfunctional setup, you can't tell me that the likes of Kennedy, Darling, Walker, Franklin, Lynch, Cameron, Hogan, Hawkins, Brown and any number of others would've put up numbers like that.
He was rucking for a large chunk of that. Dixon got screwed over by both our tacticians and our list management last year. Never really got going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a lot of players you've named who over those who don't ruck, like at all
Kennedy - 0 hitouts 2019
Darling - 2 hitouts 2019
Walker - 0 hitouts
Franklin - 1 hitout
Cameron - 0 hitouts
Hogan - 9 hitouts
Hawkins - 41 hitouts
Brown - 29 hitouts

Dixon - 159 hit outs in 2019 (career high)

They might've if they'd been spending the majority of their time in the ruck because the dipshits running their club didn't bother to have more than one on the list.

Just a soft tissue injury, he will get over that, wasn't it the ankle that was giving him constant grief? This is a bump in the road but not all she wrote for Broadbent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back