Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL’s concussion rules are absolutely ******. He shouldn’t be playing for a month.
Rockliff will be good to go this weekend. Him staying in Brisbane for a few days doesn't mean anything. In fact a few of the older players didn't train the other day.

Hmm perhaps I’m wrong

Types of concussions

Concussions are sometimes graded on the severity of their symptoms:

• grade 0: headache and difficulty concentrating
  • grade 1: headache, difficulty concentrating, and a dazed feeling for less than a minute
  • grade 2: grade 1 symptoms, with a longer period of feeling dazed, possibly accompanied by dizziness, confusion, amnesia, ringing in the ears, and irritability
  • grade 3: loss of consciousness for less than a minute
  • grade 4: loss of consciousness for longer than a minute
Returning to very limited activities following a grade 0 or 1 concussion may be allowable within a day or two. A grade 2 headache may require a few days of rest. A grade 3 or 4 concussion will mean at least a few weeks of recovery time. Regardless of the severity of your concussion, you should be symptom-free before returning to normal activity, and your condition should be carefully monitored by your doctor.

Would have thought all grades of concussion were accompanied by irritability.

He moved to Adelaide, and got dumped by his wife?! Damn...
That's what I have heard. There is no way the concussion kept him up there.

He wanted to come back on, felt ok after a short period on the bench, but the doctor wasn't sure, so they kept him off according to Hinkley on SEN.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is Dixon out for the year or what..?

Clubs saying nothing.
Club knows nothing more than you or I. Im not even sure if he's returned back to adelaide since we gave him leave after his surgery.

Unless we want our medicos chasing him around australia to give his ankle and leg a test we wont know a thing until he gets back for a few weeks.

I said around the time that he got injured that i wouldnt be surprised if he misses more than 12 months because of it.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Club knows nothing more than you or I. Im not even sure if he's returned back to adelaide since we gave him leave after his surgery.

Unless we want our medicos chasing him around australia to give his ankle and leg a test we wont know a thing until he gets back for a few weeks.

I said around the time that he got injured that i wouldnt be surprised if he misses more than 12 months because of it.
He’s back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Yes

he probably wanted to spend time with his little boy.

With all that luggage he was carrying he might have snuck the little fella out with him...

aca77ea0-c620-4374-a306-c0ad47194972.png

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Dixon is back in Adelaide. He was out at Gauchos with the 1st and 2nd year boys the other night. Looks like he bought them all dinner. Might've lost a bet with Butters.

Dixon took some pics while on his adventure to go race his car, his right ankle was free of strapping, but looked clearly swollen next to his other leg. Hopefully though within the next week he'll be trying to run again though and seeing how it goes.

I'd still hope if all goes well that he could be back after the bye, but thats probably a stretch.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

He's been back in Adelaide for a good 3 weeks or so..

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
We can't rely on Ryder only as out tall forward... We are in huge trouble
We are playing two: Paddy/Lycett; and Westhoff. Without Marshall, Rozee has picked up the "third-tall" duties, along with Ebert.

The structure is there, but we could have more (and taller) players in the rotation. We end up wasting Hoff down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back