Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

SureBuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Every team can cover a few injuries, however there is a tipping point of best 22 players missing. We have reached that point and gone way past it.

Wines
Robbie
Dixon
Hartlett
Jonas
Burton
Ebert
Watts

That is not including our fringe players that are injured, that is easily best 22 players. Over a third of our team. There is no team in the comp that can come close to that list, except for maybe Richmond. It’s not like we are a top 4 team with all those players in either. Richmond on the other hand are.

I would not be surprised to see us lose to Gold Coast next week. We just somehow need to hold on and stay even with the ledger going into the bye. Everything going well. We could have every single one of that list back after the bye, except for Watts.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Every team can cover a few injuries, however there is a tipping point of best 22 players missing. We have reached that point and gone way past it.

Wines
Robbie
Dixon
Hartlett
Jonas
Burton
Ebert
Watts

That is not including our fringe players that are injured, that is easily best 22 players. Over a third of our team. There is no team in the comp that can come close to that list, except for maybe Richmond. It’s not like we are a top 4 team with all those players in either. Richmond on the other hand are.
I would not be surprised to see us lose to Gold Coast next week. We just somehow need to hold on and stay even with the ledger going into the bye. Everything going well. We could have every single one of that list back after the bye, except for Watts.
I agree. People compare us to Richmond but they are a recent Premiership team whereas we are a team of never beens plus they brought in just about the best forward in the comp n Lynch.. That’s vastly different.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Wines
Robbie
Dixon
Hartlett
Jonas
Burton
Ebert
Watts

This is what makes the losses to Brisbane and Richmond and the failure to build percentage so frustrating. Had we banked those wins and some extra goals, we would have a buffer for losses like Saturday and maybe against GCS, Hawthorn and St Kilda.

Instead we have to rush players back and play keep pushing senior guys who should be dropped or rested.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-13/injury-update-burton
AFL:
Robbie Gray - hand (assess)
Tom Jonas - calf (1 week)
Hamish Hartlett - hamstring (2 weeks)
Ryan Burton - hamstring (3-4 weeks)
Charlie Dixon - leg (3-4 weeks)
Ollie Wines - ankle (5-6 weeks)
Brad Ebert - concussion (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (7-9 weeks)

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-13/injury-update-burton
AFL:
Robbie Gray - hand (assess)
Tom Jonas - calf (1 week)
Hamish Hartlett - hamstring (2 weeks)
Ryan Burton - hamstring (3-4 weeks)
Charlie Dixon - leg (3-4 weeks)
Ollie Wines - ankle (5-6 weeks)
Brad Ebert - concussion (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (7-9 weeks)
If recent experience is anything to go by, I expect all of these timeframes to blow out.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Robbie's just gone from 3 weeks down to assess in the space of a week. Miracles happen, ladies and gents.
But that's the reason why the timeframes should be always set considering the worst possible case. It makes the club look good.

Minimizing injuries achieves nothing. It only increases the chances for you to look bad.

If you start with the bad news, there can be only good news after it. Either the player returns sadly late, as announced, or before the minimum expected, which is great.

ahneadearut

Debutant
Aug 29, 2018
under a rock
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ebo was consulting with a neurologist in Melb today. Not a good sign.
Ebo would have slotted in to any of the past great Port teams. He puts himself in precarious situations continually for the team. Every season he comes off at least once for treatment to some head wound. Long term not good .

Was a bit worried when he was ruled out so early last week. Hope he’s okay.

Yeah normally players are right to go the next week or they might miss a game.

I can’t remember the last time a Port player missed 2+ games with a concussion.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
******* amazing. Last night TEN reported, 'some good news on the injury front for the Power- Ryan Burton's injury not as bad as first thought.' *, how bad did they think it was? He is out for 3-4 weeks and in my book that is not good news.

It is good to see the Club has got around to posting an injury update. I could not find one last week. Not that we can believe what is posted in them but sometimes it gives some hope. e.g. Robbie Gray (assess). Should we believe there is a chance that Gray will play this week or are we to stick with the original 4-5 week assessment?

Back