Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is even the slightest doubt that Ebert and Robbie Gray aren't fit the club shouldn't select them against gc, but I am suspicious that the motive for any `good' news on the injury front could be to divert attention from other areas.

If Hayes doesn't suit up for the Maggies this week then that `good' news may have been a wind up. :think:

Ebo is a real concern. Missing 2 games for concussion is a serious worry for now and his long term outlook.

Yeah.

We've just gone through this with one of our kids. 3 concussions in 5 weeks through random accidents. (falling out of a tree, falling off a go cart and then hit with random soccer ball).

None of this was contact sport, just random dumb luck, but we've now got a 12yo who needs to be put in cotton wool for the rest of the year.

One more serious knock and we're into brain damage control.

He missed a game when Rory Sloane opened him up like a packet of chips. That's the last one I remember.
That was the only game he missed between 2012 and 2018. 108 consecutive games + 51 consecutive games before this season started.

I thought the club was going to use Robbie’s busted hand so he could freshen up the rest of his sore, ageing body.
So now we’re rushing him back after a couple of weeks? Coach is feeling the pressure.

Well the coach is still going to feel the pressure, because an underdone Robbie wont be doing alot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and I don’t like it

Our management of our older players is so poor. Robbie is over 30 and needs to be managed better, not used as a ‘Break glass in case of emergency’ option when the coach goes desperately chasing KPI wins.

We were told Robbie needed to freshen up his body, and were using his hand set back as an excuse to rest him up. What could have possibly changed? A blind man could see Robbie looked like he was running in concrete boots.

If it’s good enough for Butters to have a spell, it’s more than good enough for an ageing star. Play someone else. Someone who can hit the scoreboard. You never know what diamond you might find in the process.

Our management of our older players is so poor. Robbie is over 30 and needs to be managed better, not used as a ‘Break glass in case of emergency’ option when the coach goes desperately chasing KPI wins.

We were told Robbie needed to freshen up his body, and were using his hand set back as an excuse to rest him up. What could have possibly changed? A blind man could see Robbie looked like he was running in concrete boots.

If it’s good enough for Butters to have a spell, it’s more than good enough for an ageing star. Play someone else. Someone who can hit the scoreboard. You never know what diamond you might find in the process.

We also have Farrell who's worthy of pumping games into. I take no joy in seeing Robbie jog around well below his best.

Desperate actions from a desperate coach. Bring in Frampton to improve our forward structure, that alone should have a huge impact. Hell give Trengove a shot before rushing Gray Back before he is ready, that said I’m happy to back in Rozee, Farrell and Butters but that’s putting a bit of pressure on those guys.

Get Robbie (and Charlie) 100% for the second half of the year, those two fit and firing could make all the difference come finals (should we get there)

I would've rested Robbie until after the China game. Pick a structured, balanced and fully fit side. Use the injuries as a chance to put games into the kids.

Hinkley has a bit of the Chocos about him when it comes to playing older v younger players.

Brad Ebert Concussion Indefinite

This is a huge concern.

Yeah it's not great but I think it means indefinite in the true sense of the word rather than the usual 'indefinite because he's so far away that we can't even put a timeline on it'. Could be back next week, best case scenario.

How do you know that the two weeks off wasn’t enough for Robbie to freshen up? If it takes longer than two weeks, he has far bigger concerns.

I am more than okay with Robbie coming back in, we desperately need some talent back in this team. If he is fit, he plays, simple as that.

I thought the club was going to use Robbie’s busted hand so he could freshen up the rest of his sore, ageing body.
So now we’re rushing him back after a couple of weeks? Coach is feeling the pressure.

We are only 8 games into the season. Players should not need a rest this early in and if they do it may be time for them to give it away. If Robbie Gray is fit he plays. It is not as if we are finals bound and as been posted, a half fit underdone Robbie Gray is worth more than one or two of those we had in the side last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back