Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was a bit strange from what I recall the knocks weren’t that heavy but it looked like he was in another dimension as a result. Hopefully Brad’s okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahneadearut

Debutant
Aug 29, 2018
under a rock
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And some dude thinks injuries don't mean anything. If that's the case let's fill the team with b graders and save some money. I'm sure we will be able to raffle off the wooden spoon. Jeesh!
I used to be a fun guy. I think I've been Bigfootyed.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dixon did a full session yesterday but pulled up sore. Having another scan tonight.

Put a thick black line through 2019.
Of course he pulled up sore, be normal considering he hasn't done a full session for god knows how long. Scan could just be precautionary at this stage to tick all the boxes.

Jojay

PISS BLASTERS "RS"
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ebo would have slotted in to any of the past great Port teams. He puts himself in precarious situations continually for the team. Every season he comes off at least once for treatment to some head wound. Long term not good .
Yep, spot on.... and someone on here had the gall to call him a softc**k the other week. Beggars belief!

Hope Ebo's gonna be ok.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And some dude thinks injuries don't mean anything. If that's the case let's fill the team with b graders and save some money. I'm sure we will be able to raffle off the wooden spoon. Jeesh!
I used to be a fun guy. I think I've been Bigfootyed.

Champ if your referring to me that’s not what I said.

I said don’t use them as a cop out for our losses because we should have won 3 of the 4 regardless.

It’s a cop out that certain people like to hide behind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How much more time does Charlie need? It's already been a long time.
Placing to much hope in Dixon is a concern imo he is very much injury prone i would be looking to develop this team without him in mind. Clubs who place to much faith in one person will always stink it up. If he does make it back that is a bonus if not it does not matter.
Unfortunately Hinkly is not the sort of coach who has a broad enough vision and he relies on to few to succeed.

Brad Ebert Concussion Indefinite

This is a huge concern.

'Concussion - TBC' or 'concussion - indefinite' is always a huge concern. It's ended more than a few careers. You'd almost rather see a broken leg or an ACL, at least we know roughly what the recovery time is. Once repeated concussion symptoms start up they can linger for a long long time, if not permanently.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
'Concussion - TBC' or 'concussion - indefinite' is always a huge concern. It's ended more than a few careers. You'd almost rather see a broken leg or an ACL, at least we know roughly what the recovery time is. Once repeated concussion symptoms start up they can linger for a long long time, if not permanently.

Certainly not good news for Ebo. The really scary part is what it may turn into, what one more concussion concussion could do.

Hopefully nothing nearly that bad comes from it. Probably time for Ebo to consider pulling on a helmet going forward.

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
As someone else mentioned the comment was made about Ebo being soft.
After that second knock he looked visibly distressed.
As someone who has bled for this club on more than a few occasions he can have as much time as it takes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have thought for a while ...
AFL has said they want to protect the head, so its a no no hitting head with elbow etc. etc.
Why does it not apply when someone goes up for a mark and knees someone in the head. This is what happened to Brad.
AFL should get their shite together and pay a free if a player is kneed in the head. A knee could do a lot damage. :thumbsu:

Willsy10

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have thought for a while ...
AFL has said they want to protect the head, so its a no no hitting head with elbow etc. etc.
Why does it not apply when someone goes up for a mark and knees someone in the head. This is what happened to Brad.
AFL should get their shite together and pay a free if a player is kneed in the head. A knee could do a lot damage. :thumbsu:
I've never understood why the AFL has no issue with knees in the back of the head if going for a hanger but then Sam Durdin gets a game.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
Robbie and Ebert should return only after the bye, even if the docs has given their OK before that.
Why?

Precaution and symbolism. Use this as an opportunity to give a second pre-season for them. Meanwhile, let our season begin anew from the bye onwards; not only for Robbie and Ebert, but for the whole club.

We are 4-4, anyway. Just consider the matches against Suns, Hawks, and Saints as JLT 3, 4, and 5. Then, let's begin our second 11-game season of the year in Perth, and move on from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back