Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad Ebert Concussion Indefinite

This is a huge concern.
Was gonna find an Ebo thread and write if this could be an early end to his career like several players the last 5 years or so. Sounds like his career could be cut short.

Not as drastic as young SA country lad Justin Clarke who played for Brisbane and retired after 56 games at 22 years old a couple of years ago. Is studying engineering and wants to do a phd in supersonic research, so he is bright, but was told quit footy or you will lose your memory if you get another knock. Would have got the same advise if he was a tradie.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...es-at-22-from-concussion-20160330-gnuju1.html
After the injury he was assessed by a neuropsychologist and his memory readings were out of kilter. His cognitive function was in the top fifth percentile of the population - thus he could still drive - but his memory was in the bottom 25th percentile – so he could not remember where he was going. The testing also detected the problem with his visual memory.

Precaution and symbolism. Use this as an opportunity to give a second pre-season for them. Meanwhile, let our season begin anew from the bye onwards; not only for Robbie and Ebert, but for the whole club.

We are 4-4, anyway. Just consider the matches against Suns, Hawks, and Saints as JLT 3, 4, and 5. Then, let's begin our second 11-game season of the year in Perth, and move on from there.
Our season i already slipping away. If the docs say they're good to go. they're good to go.

I don't subscribe to the theory that losing will be better for us long term.

and call me crazy, but i still want to play finals footy this year.

I don't subscribe to the theory that losing will be better for us long term.

and call me crazy, but i still want to play finals footy this year.
Don't get me wrong. I concur with you. I want to win. I simply want Robbie and Ebert to be in great shape, and I believe that we could have a great second half doing what I suggested above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a year :( ( again)
So many injuries .
Ollie wakeboarding sigh.
Hammer ‘s return delay after delay sigh
Dixon’ return delay after delay sigh
Now Hayes return delay sigh
When will the footy gods give us a break ?

Please stop.

Can't blame 'the footy gods' for the Wines one, that was his own stupid fault. And then we torched 150 years of history to make him captain. Gg Port.

All the Ken Hinkley voodoo dolls aren’t working as planned and are injuring the players instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back