Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We now add Lycett to the injury list o_O

SCOTT LYCETT pulled up sore with a tight adductor in Port Adelaide’s 38-point win over Gold Coast on Sunday afternoon at Adelaide Oval.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-05-21/injury-update-quartet-to-be-assessed
Ken is not been outed this year no matter what we hope, so I've come around to injuries for senior players is a good thing long-term (outside Ebert's issues), as it's forcing him to play younger players, rather than 'go safe' with the senior players that consistently guide us to those mid-table finishes that achieve nothing.

Didn't play at any level this week. Was not an emergency either.
Who was the emergency who didnt play this week Ross? Not Mayes again

No update on Johnson?

He didn't respond well to his omission.

Wzmh9ob.jpg

I worry slightly that Ladhams might not be quite ready as it is a big jump for ruckmen in my opinion from snafl to AFL but damn he has been fine form.

Maybe so, but Jon Ceglar next week (assuming McEvoy misses with his injury) and Rowan Marshall the week after certainty wouldn't be the worst introduction to AFL he could ask for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-21/the-full-afl-injury-list-round-10
Ryan Burton Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Charlie Dixon Leg 2-3 weeks
Brad Ebert Concussion 2-3 weeks
Robbie Gray Hand Test
Hamish Hartlett Hamstring Test
Sam Hayes Glandular fever 2-3 weeks
Tom Jonas Calf Test Scott Lycett Adductor Test
Trent McKenzie Hamstring Test
Jake Patmore Knee Season
Jack Watts Leg Indefinite
Ollie Wines Leg 3-4 weeks

Maybe so, but Jon Ceglar next week (assuming McEvoy misses with his injury) and Rowan Marshall the week after certainty wouldn't be the worst introduction to AFL he could ask for.
This is the perfect opportunity to get 2 games into Ladhams. Give Lycett a rest this week and then give Ryder a week off from the Shanghai game.

Shanghai backs into the bye so it’s a great time to let Ryder freshen up and not travel.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-21/the-full-afl-injury-list-round-10
Ryan Burton Hamstring 1-2 weeks
Charlie Dixon Leg 2-3 weeks
Brad Ebert Concussion 2-3 weeks
Robbie Gray Hand Test
Hamish Hartlett Hamstring Test
Sam Hayes Glandular fever 2-3 weeks
Tom Jonas Calf Test Scott Lycett Adductor Test
Trent McKenzie Hamstring Test
Jake Patmore Knee Season
Jack Watts Leg Indefinite
Ollie Wines Leg 3-4 weeks

Aah, the old 2-3 weeks is still alive and well. I reckon Charlie has been 2-3 weeks since March. At least Hamish has reached the test stage.

On a serious note we have to be a bit concerned about Brad Ebert being listed as missing another 2-3 weeks. That sounds serious.

If we give Ken a 2-3 week contract, watch out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never mind 2 weeks (a portnight). Hinkleys still got a Portyear left on his deal.

We definitely need a Charlie update, it has been 2-3 weeks since he started running again, really need to know if he has been training properly or he's struggling. 2-3 weeks would suggest he is basically in full training and just preparing his body physically now, but I'd like to hear that from the club personally.

We definitely need a Charlie update, it has been 2-3 weeks since he started running again, really need to know if he has been training properly or he's struggling. 2-3 weeks would suggest he is basically in full training and just preparing his body physically now, but I'd like to hear that from the club personally.

I saw him in a clip on the news when the were talking about Jonas return and he was doing sprint work with Tom. I reckon he might be close

How good would it be if Dixon and Hayes in a few weeks time played SANFL together after coming back from long term injuries.

Would be a huge boost for the side.

As Jason K said, there was some footage of Charlie training at Adelaide Oval with the group.

The communication from the club has been very poor though. It's be easy to forget that him and Hamish Hartlett are on the list with the little bit of information being given out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back