Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Jack Trengove will miss at least two games of football as he recovers from an infection in his leg.

Trengove suffered a laceration to his right leg above the knee during Port Adelaide’s SANFL game against Glenelg last Sunday.

The 26-year-old was admitted to hospital on Tuesday after the laceration became infected. He is expected to be sidelined for three weeks.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-06-01/trengove-suffers-leg-injury

PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Jack Trengove will miss at least two games of football as he recovers from an infection in his leg.

Trengove suffered a laceration to his right leg above the knee during Port Adelaide’s SANFL game against Glenelg last Sunday.

The 26-year-old was admitted to hospital on Tuesday after the laceration became infected. He is expected to be sidelined for three weeks.

He probably scraped it on some rusty corrugated iron that blew off the roof.

That explains why he had a bit of a down game.

this Article from - Ken Oath " Ken Oath Port Adelaide True Believers" face book page

Three Port Adelaide coaches injured as running race goes awry in Shanghai

Port Adelaide is dealing with a spate of injuries ahead of its Shanghai stoush against St Kilda after a race between its assistant coaches went awry.
Lauren Wood, SHANGHAI , Herald Sun

Port Adelaide has a swag of casualties ahead of tomorrow’s clash with St Kilda in Shanghai.
But not the players — the assistant coaches.
There wasn’t quite the buzz of the 100m final at the Olympic Games, but the crew of coaches took their start line at the top of the goalsquare at Jiangwan Stadium after training today and the race was on.
The problem was, a few — including club runner Chad Cornes — failed to make it through unscathed, with the former player pinging his hamstring late in the dash.
“As coaches we always try to provide a little bit of humour if we can for the environment,” Power assistant Michael Voss laughed afterwards.
“There’s some severe consequences. I can report out of that that we have two hamstrings, one quad and maybe potentially a calf. So that’s not good news for us to be able to get up and down from the coaches’ box tomorrow.”
The team’s coaches box sits in the stadium’s ornate 1935 Communist-style concrete grandstand — and up several flights of stairs.
“Chad will be under a bit of a fitness cloud, but we’ll see how he goes,” he said.
“He’ll be all right. It’s fortunate that the runners don’t get used too much anymore, so we’ll leave him on the interchange bench.”
Voss said no Port Adelaide players had suffered a similar fate to their counterparts.
“We’re pretty good at this stage,” he said.
“Hopefully in the next 24 hours we’re all clear to go. The changes we’ve made will pretty much stay exactly as they are, but you never know until you obviously get out there and the team sheets are submitted and we’re ready to go.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-06-03/injury-update-clean-bill-of-health-from-china

AFL:
Trent McKenzie - hamstring (available)
Charlie Dixon - leg (assess)
Tom Rockliff - hamstring (assess)
Ollie Wines - ankle (assess)
Brad Ebert - concussion (1-2 weeks)
Sam Hayes - glandular fever (2-3 weeks)
Jack Trengove - leg (2-3 weeks)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (4-6 weeks)
This is getting exciting. All I want to see now is a time frame next to Watts' name (that isnt season).

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Def agree with sentiments above re Ebert, shouldnt play for some time if at all.Wines and Dixon will play for Maggies this week.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Charlie Dixon Leg Test
Tom Rockliff Hamstring Test
Ollie Wines Ankle Test

Brad Ebert Concussion 1-2 weeks
Sam Hayes Glandular fever 2-3 weeks
Jack Trengove Leg 2-3 weeks

Jack Watts Leg Indefinite
Jake Patmore Knee Season

Key forward Dixon could play his first game in 10 months in the SANFL this weekend. Dixon has been sidelined since breaking his leg and dislocating his ankle against West Coast in round 21 last year. Wines could also make his return from an ankle injury in the same game. The co-captain hasn’t played since the Power's round seven loss to Collingwood on May 3. With the Power having the bye this weekend, Dixon, Wines, Rockliff and Ebert could all be available for their next match – away to Fremantle at Optus Stadium in round 13. - Lee Gaskin

https://www.afl.com.au/news/injury-list

Ebert is obviously a tricky one . Definitely wouldn’t risk him coming back too early but I’m hopeful of him getting back . As long as he has no symptoms.
I would still consider him best 22. He has a couple of different aspects to his game works hard and bleeds for the club.
His flangers were more when he was coming off half back , being a forward or tagged/mid he executes better .
Going back to when he was concussed, not sure I’d seen a player sitting on the ground talking to himself before , must’ve really shaken him up .

I would seriously be giving Ebert a pass for the rest of the year.

If Brad is still 1-2 weeks from resuming which as we know is code for 'sometime this year', I have some real concerns for his welfare. Given the litigation that is currently doing the rounds I doubt that it would be wise for him to play again this year. I am of course assuming that AFL clubs do not have insurance against being sued down the track. I stress that the main concern is for Brad's welfare but the Club also has to cover it's arse.

I heard an intervioew with the ambulance chaser that John Barnes has engaged to fight his case against Geelong and the AFL and I would not want our Club to be in Geelong's situation. If Barnes and his co litigants win their case it opens the door for sportsmen and women to consider similar action. The NRL must be packing 'em atm because as any NRL supporter will know head knocks are a dime a dozen in the game. Every week any given NRL game stops for a couple of HIAs.

good luck to dixon. shocker of an injury....
Hopefully ebert makes the right decision for his life not for football. seems like a really good bloke who bleeds for the club. bloods one thing but long term brain damage is another

Whats the status of Hammer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back