Remove this Banner Ad

AFL injury list:
Kai Pudney - illness (1 week)
Jack Trengove - leg (2-3 weeks)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)
Jake Patmore - knee (season)

SANFL injury list:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (1-3 weeks)

Trengove sooner than originally thought. Still enough time for the Magerey?
Nah he's missed way too much time. Got injured 5 weeks ago and still is another 3 weeks away.

Scott Lycett had a knee collision in the opening term against the Crows, but was able to play out the rest of the game.

Tobin Cox suffered a lacerated kidney during a contest in Port Adelaide’s 77-point win against West Adelaide in SANFL on Sunday, and will be sidelined in the short term.

Riley Grundy suffered a broken finger against the Bloods, and will be assessed at training this week ahead of the SANFL Showdown on Saturday.

AFL injury list:
Travis Boak - back (assess)
Riley Grundy - finger (assess)
Tobin Cox - kidney (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)

SANFL injury list:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (2 weeks)

No mention of Pudney being sick.

Scott Lycett had a knee collision in the opening term against the Crows, but was able to play out the rest of the game.

Tobin Cox suffered a lacerated kidney during a contest in Port Adelaide’s 77-point win against West Adelaide in SANFL on Sunday, and will be sidelined in the short term.

Riley Grundy suffered a broken finger against the Bloods, and will be assessed at training this week ahead of the SANFL Showdown on Saturday.

AFL injury list:
Travis Boak - back (assess)
Riley Grundy - finger (assess)
Tobin Cox - kidney (TBC)
Jack Watts - leg (TBC)

SANFL injury list:
Adam Mahney - shoulder (2 weeks)

No mention of Pudney being sick.
What an absolutely sexy injury list at round 16 of the season. Excluding Boak who will be fine to play this week, we have our full best 22, even our best 30 players available. Watts the only one and he fits somewhere between 20-30. That is so rare, we need to make the most of this. I can’t remember the last time we had depth like we do right now.

What an absolutely sexy injury list at round 16 of the season. Excluding Boak who will be fine to play this week, we have our full best 22, even our best 30 players available. Watts the only one and he fits somewhere between 20-30. That is so rare, we need to make the most of this. I can’t remember the last time we had depth like we do right now.
Hmm I am hoping Lycett pulls up good...

So from last week it's likely Kai and Boak back, Grundy and Cox out.

If that holds theres an opening for Jackson Mead this weekend! We would be stupid not to select and start fast tracking him
Uh

Ideally we want him to look s**t and come good after he’s on our list

We had a better injury list late in 2017, when we basically entered the finals at full strength (we had a list of 45 and at least 1 player player SANFL reserves, this year we have 47 And no one has missed out yet). Pretty sure in 2014 we were also in a better spot by the time we hit the finals. Our injury list is certainly good, but with 2 long termers + others, it's not perfect.

It could well be that the truth is we end up with Lycett, Houston, Boak, Patmore, Watts, Cox, Grundy, all out this week. So will have to wait and see because we do tend to play those games.

Uh

Ideally we want him to look s**t and come good after he’s on our list
Yeah that's a fair point. I'd say he's slipping to the 20s anyway, and we'll trade away all our picks after our first for deep 3rd/4th round picks anyway, so I think we'll be fine. The only thing we really don't want is for him to be bid on before our first pick. After that it won't really matter.

Ultimately though we just want him to be the best he can be, for me that should start this week.

I want him to try his best, but if his best right now is a bit meh because we’re giving him a pre-preseason dose of intense training so he can play out 2020 better than most rookies, thats ideal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts is easily in our best 22. His kicking out of the backlines is better than Burton's.

Surely Watts can’t be too far away given he was doing exercises at training a couple of weeks ago at least?

I really, really hope it goes smoothly and he comes back playing like he was in round one and two.

At training on Tuesday morning he was sporting a huge brace on the knee and was limited to handball drills.

"We won't be taking any risks with him," Fagan said.

"If he's not right, he'll have a rest.

"We're pretty sure whatever the outcome is, if he is out, he won't be out too long."

IT'S ROAR v POWER Full preview of Port Adelaide v Brisbane

Hipwood was arguably the game-winner when Brisbane over-ran Port in its 17-point round three win, kicking a career-high six goals, including five in the first half.

The quicker he get him in for surgery, the quicker he can get back to his true love of water skiing.

If we were a professional organisation and all accepted the same level of responsibility to maintain standards, this wouldn't be an issue.

Instead we have one of our no-captains derailing our season before it even starts, and the other publicly defending him. Time for some tough decisions all round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back