Injury 2019 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Duursma has any sort of foot injury we’d be bonkers to play him again this season.
Except playing another young player will make it easier for Ken to fool the happy Facebook clappers post match/season, that we were young (we weren’t) and that was the reason for inconsistent results (it wasn’t). Hopefully we aren’t stupid enough to play him, but Ken putting his wants over a players health wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

PORT ADELAIDE utility Jack Watts has had successful surgery to remove the plate and screws that were inserted to repair his broken leg and dislocated ankle.

“Jack’s recovery and rehabilitation process has been great and he has been fantastic throughout the year, especially given the gravity of the injury,” O’Leary said.

“It became apparent time would be against him in his bid to return to play this year. The surgery to remove the metal work was always part of the rehabilitation process, and the timing of the procedure will now give Jack the best preparation for the 2020 season.”

PORT ADELAIDE utility Jack Watts has had successful surgery to remove the plate and screws that were inserted to repair his broken leg and dislocated ankle.

“Jack’s recovery and rehabilitation process has been great and he has been fantastic throughout the year, especially given the gravity of the injury,” O’Leary said.

“It became apparent time would be against him in his bid to return to play this year. The surgery to remove the metal work was always part of the rehabilitation process, and the timing of the procedure will now give Jack the best preparation for the 2020 season.”
Onya Jack

"PORT ADELAIDE midfielder Sam Mayes suffered a concussion in the Port’s four-point victory over Glenelg on Sunday afternoon. Mayes didn’t take any further part in the game after coming off during the third quarter, The 25-year-old will be assessed over the next fortnight."

Uh oh
Well it might give Drew an opportunity.

So after his fast start to the year, it was in round 8 when he hurt his shoulder and carried it for the rest of the year.

He'll be back for the 1st pre-season game but won't be in full training until after Christmas.

So after his fast start to the year, it was in round 8 when he hurt his shoulder and carried it for the rest of the year.

He'll be back for the 1st pre-season game but won't be in full training until after Christmas.
Shame they didn’t just send him off for his op then and let youth play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a match made in hell.
ee769f649d55f6e82dff871b2bed9af9

Lol wines is holding off cuz hes back home on the river atm.
I know it seems silly, but I genuinely believe he needs the break. Had a pretty tough year and it’s best for everyone involved for him to find a way to move past it and hit the preseason for 2020 with renewed energy.

Or go to another club, of course.

I know it seems silly, but I genuinely believe he needs the break. Had a pretty tough year and it’s best for everyone involved for him to find a way to move past it and hit the preseason for 2020 with renewed energy.

Or go to another club, of course.

How much of pre-season will he miss if he delays the surgery?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back