2019 Ireland vs Zimbabwe - 3-match T20I series

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
9.30pm AEST tonight from the beautiful city of Belfast.

First of a 3-match series.

Possible Playing 11

Ireland:
1. Paul Stirling, 2. Kevin O’Brien, 3. Andy Balbirnie, 4. Gary Wilson (c), 5. Lorcan Tucker, 6. George Dockrell, 7. Mark Adair, 8. Shane Getkate/Gareth Delany, 9. Andy McBrine, 10. Boyd Rankin, 11. Josh Little

Zimbabwe: 1. Hamilton Masakadza (c), 2. Ryan Burl, 3. Craig Ervine, 4. Brendan Taylor (wk), 5. Sean Williams, 6. Sikandar Raza, 7. Solomon Mire, 8. Richmond Mutumbami, 9. Kyle Jarvis, 10. Donald Tiripano/Chris Mpofu, 11. Tendai Chatara

Does OP think we're going to care more about T20Is by making separate threads for them?

Ireland's clean sweep of the ODIs was their first over any full member, and when added to the 2-0 clean sweep the Dutch had over the Zimbots with a far-from-full strength squad, suggests that had the WC Qualifiers been held in conditions more similar to England it may not have been WI and Afghanistan going through.

Interetsing thought. I would have still expected those two to get through, but even if it had been a 14 team World Cup if the qualifiers had been in Europe Zimbabwe may still have mised out. That's disturbing for a Test nation of some time (albeit with a lengthy hiatus).
Speaking of which, the lack of an Ireland v Zimbabwe Test on this tour is also a cause for concern.

Interetsing thought. I would have still expected those two to get through, but even if it had been a 14 team World Cup if the qualifiers had been in Europe Zimbabwe may still have mised out. That's disturbing for a Test nation of some time (albeit with a lengthy hiatus).
Speaking of which, the lack of an Ireland v Zimbabwe Test on this tour is also a cause for concern.

West Indies may not have minded the conditions, but I highly doubt that either Afghanistan or Zimbabwe would've done as well as they did, which would've opened the door for either Scotland or Ireland (or even the Dutcch to do better).

Probably of more note was Ireland's clean sweep in the ODI's against a pretty experienced Zimbawe lineup - their bowlers are extremely effective in home conditions.

Nice to see a few relatively new names in the T20 side too.

1am AEST tonight from near Londonderry/Derry.

3-match series is 0-0 as the first T20I was washed out.

Final match tonight 1am AEST. Yes, while the ICC Cricket World Cup Final is happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back