2019 Italian GP

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guy with 81 race wins and 5 championships is a modern great........

You can not like his off track persona that's fine, but questioning his talent as a driver is ridiculous.
Is it though? His Mercedes was nigh on unbeatable for 3 of those years. 2015 the car had a double podium all but 4 races. 2016 was more dominant in terms of race wins, but less double podiums. Usually due to accidents between the two.

Is it though? His Mercedes was nigh on unbeatable for 3 of those years. 2015 the car had a double podium all but 4 races. 2016 was more dominant in terms of race wins, but less double podiums. Usually due to accidents between the two.
The same can be argued of any champion. Very few drivers have won races, let alone titles, without a very good car.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to see who the would rate as the 'best' modern champion if you used qualifiers like teammate finishing off the podium, etc.

Anyone know if there's any rankings like that available?

It would be interesting to see who the would rate as the 'best' modern champion if you used qualifiers like teammate finishing off the podium, etc.

Anyone know if there's any rankings like that available?
I've read types of stats that you're asking for, but haven't cared much for it. There's are so many variables.

All you need to know is that Alain Prost is no1.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the guy with 81 race wins and 5 championships is a modern great........

You can not like his off track persona that's fine, but questioning his talent as a driver is ridiculous.
I’ve never questioned his talent.
Just his persona.
And the persona has changed over the years. Finding God hasn’t helped.

AS they discussed in the broadcast Vettel can't see s**t out of that cockpit and given how far some of the back markers were away - he'd have to wait for 20-30 seconds. Stroll the same thing although probably had a slightly better angle but they fly through the Ascari chicane.

Andrew Benson of the Blows British utensil (BBC) said it was ludicrous as part of his Hamitlon versus Vettel crusade that he has been on for years now and that he should potentially get a grid drop in Singapore and that his Ferrari future now hangs by a thread.

Jolyon Palmer has joined in with his "Leclerc's move was so unfair poor Lewis" on the BBC now.
They don't even try to hide how much they worship him anymore, and have now resorted to employing one of the worst F1 drivers in recent memory to write a column after every race to further this borderline creepy obsession.

Last edited:

I can't stand Hamilton but he is one of the best there has been.
Utterly privileged his whole career; but to his credit he did make the jump to Mercedes without truly knowing how dominant they'd be. That worked in his favour and the opposite to Alonso's career choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically doesn't relish a challenge, doesn't want one. The great drivers will take the challenge and run with it and win. Hamilton deliberately destroys relationships/avoids challenges where possible. Alonso he decided to sabotage, McLaren he decided to ditch once they had Button and Rosberg he disliked for challenging him.
This is utter bs. Mansell quit F1 cos Prost joined Williams. Who did Schumacher ever drive alongside? Never had a teammate even close to alpha status during his prime. Senna was the only one who didn’t care who he drove against imo.

I don’t rate Hamilton as the goat, but he’s certainly in the equation. Your posts are embarrassing, and look like bitter Pom bashing which is ironic considering you’ve spent so many years living in pomland. I don’t understand that, why live in a country you are so bitter towards? You must spend every day sucking on a lemon.

Are you pathologically dishonest or is it a choice?

He’s an imbecile when it comes to anything British. If Hamilton was an Aussie do you really think he’d be spouting the same nonsense?

This is utter bs. Mansell quit F1 cos Prost joined Williams. Who did Schumacher ever drive alongside? Never had a teammate even close to alpha status during his prime. Senna was the only one who didn’t care who he drove against imo.

I don’t rate Hamilton as the goat, but he’s certainly in the equation. Your posts are embarrassing, and look like bitter Pom bashing which is ironic considering you’ve spent so many years living in pomland. I don’t understand that, why live in a country you are so bitter towards? You must spend every day sucking on a lemon.
So many years? Try 2. And I'm bitter? How am I bitter towards the poms exactly? Is this another one of your misguided attempts to insult someone but have no clue what you are talking about? I think so. I'm simply pointing out facts about an overrated driver who cries to mummy when he feels threatened by another driver. If Hamilton were in Vettels position this year I dare say Leclerc would be getting no engineering information like they did with Alonso when on separate programs in free practice. No new parts either. Don't see Seb crying about Leclerc either.

Also FYI my favourite driver of all time is Nigel Mansell.. you know.. a pom. Good job!

So many years? Try 2. And I'm bitter? How am I bitter towards the poms exactly? Is this another one of your misguided attempts to insult someone but have no clue what you are talking about? I think so. I'm simply pointing out facts about an overrated driver who cries to mummy when he feels threatened by another driver. If Hamilton were in Vettels position this year I dare say Leclerc would be getting no engineering information like they did with Alonso when on separate programs in free practice. No new parts either. Don't see Seb crying about Leclerc either.

Also FYI my favourite driver of all time is Nigel Mansell.. you know.. a pom. Good job!
You're pointing out conjecture, not facts. So stop pretending otherwise.

Hamilton has never cried to the team about his partner. The only time he fell out with a teammate was Alonso and that was Alonso crying because he was being beaten by a rookie.

As for Mansell, yeah great driver but not on Hamilton's level I’m afraid. Had blistering pace and was arguably the most exciting driver of his era, but didn’t know how to manage his car properly

Hamilton has never cried to the team about his partner. The only time he fell out with a teammate was Alonso and that was Alonso crying because he was being beaten by a rookie.

As for Mansell, yeah great driver but not on Hamilton's level I’m afraid. Had blistering pace and was arguably the most exciting driver of his era, but didn’t know how to manage his car properly
Yeah nah, because Hamilton thought he was entitled and refused to be a team mate. It's why he has never had great working relationships with any team mate. Facts are in the pudding

Yeah nah, because Hamilton thought he was entitled and refused to be a team mate. It's why he has never had great working relationships with any team mate. Facts are in the pudding
Did he fall out with Button? No, even when Button beat him in one of the seasons they drove together. Has he fallen out with Bottas? No, they enjoy a good working relationship. Did he fall out with Rosberg? To a degree, but that was more on Rosberg’s behalf as he felt entitled towards merc as a German driver and had been there from the start. Your facts are plain wrong. You need to do better

Did he fall out with Button? No, even when Button beat him in one of the seasons they drove together. Has he fallen out with Bottas? No, they enjoy a good working relationship. Did he fall out with Rosberg? To a degree, but that was more on Rosberg’s behalf as he felt entitled towards merc as a German driver and had been there from the start. Your facts are plain wrong. You need to do better
He did. Read what Button had to say about him. And Rosberg. It's pretty bad. Or ask his former best friend Adrian Sutil. Or former McLaren engineer Marc Priestly. Saying they are wrong doesn't make them wrong as much as your English revisionism wants to make them wrong

Proof meet pudding.

He did. Read what Button had to say about him. And Rosberg. It's pretty bad. Or ask his former best friend Adrian Sutil. Or former McLaren engineer Marc Priestly. Saying they are wrong doesn't make them wrong as much as your English revisionism wants to make them wrong

Proof meet pudding.
What did Button say about him? Send me a link.

Drivers like Alonso, Button and Rosberg would see themselves as team leaders when they drove with Hamilton, that’s where the beef really lies because they couldn’t be the no 1 with Hamilton in the team. That’s the same throughout F1 history, you can’t really have two alphas in the same team. Singling our Hamilton is where you prove your anti-Hamilton agenda. That’s the only proof here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back