Fantasy 2019 Jailhouse Dynasty League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright the draft has been input so the 2019 season is officially underway! Teams are now able to add/drop players at will.

Helfarch you did some cheeky adds before I'd entered the draft results so those players are not on your team. Don't worry none of your faab is gone but you only have room for 1 more player anyway so you'll need to review that.

Couple of teams remain over the positional limits but that's no longer my issue so final heads up that everyone needs to have an eligible roster before week 1 kickoff.

As always please check your teams and let me know if i've made any mistakes.

Helfarch used a similar scam/tactics in Fleaflicker last year from memory, nice to see we have commish here that won't put up with that crap from him😘

Waivers were enabled so I used them :think: It's not like I added drafted players. You can disable waivers, forgive me for assuming commissioner competence.

I forgot one of the picks I made or I would have only added one / dropped more players.

Waivers were enabled so I used them :think: It's not like I added drafted players. You can disable waivers, forgive me for assuming commissioner competence.

I forgot one of the picks I made or I would have only added one / dropped more players.

Does your Mrs have to tell you not to touch things that are boiling on the stove at home as well?

It wasn't the fact you added players no one wanted its that espn re-drafts the whole league, keepers/rookies etc so the 2 players you grabbed prior were never going to be added. But i did say that teams can add/drop to their hearts content now. Sorry to waste your valuable time!

Def worth drafting a player twice that can't even beat Lamar Miller.

Is there a more boring RB in fantasy football than Miller? Has had zero competition the past two seasons yet there's a two inch gap between his ceiling and floor and the floor is two feet underground. I get my thrills watching paint dry and the grass grow.

Def worth drafting a player twice that can't even beat Lamar Miller.

Is there a more boring RB in fantasy football than Miller? Has had zero competition the past two seasons yet there's a two inch gap between his ceiling and floor and the floor is two feet underground. I get my thrills watching paint dry and the grass grow.
As an owner yes he is boring but last year he had Alfred Blue taking a lot of his handoffs and he was only handed the ball 5 times inside the 5 all year.

Tbh he probably doesn't get a start for me Week 1 though. If anyone wants him I'm all ears

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an owner yes he is boring but last year he had Alfred Blue taking a lot of his handoffs and he was only handed the ball 5 times inside the 5 all year.

Tbh he probably doesn't get a start for me Week 1 though. If anyone wants him I'm all ears

I have him in BETA, can't bring myself to drop him coz he's a starting rb every week with no competition and we have deep rosters, can't bring myself to start him coz he can't score for s**t.

It's a fantastic situation.

Seeing as I've been off work for a ton of time i've been playing with our leagues spreadsheet due to boredom. Added quite a few stats and records to it recently.
I've also been getting this years schedule complete and all weeks except Week 1 are locked in. Week 1 will feature a rematch of last years Championship game! ESPN is just being a stupid campaigner and not letting me edit this first week for some reason.

Here's the spreadsheet for all your statty goodness.

2019 Week 1 / Season Preview

Scranton Stranglers @ Olma FC

A rematch of last seasons Championship game, this is sure to be an exciting match up. The Stranglers will be hoping to avenge last years defeat and start the season off strong after having the second best record in season 2018 and would have felt well placed to win the title after knocking out #1 seed and division rival Power House but were unlucky to lose to a red-hot Olma FC at the final hurdle. An unremarkable 8-6 record was enough to secure a division title last season but the OFC timed their run to perfection and scoring their highest score of the season in the decider was the cherry on the top of winning the inaugural JFL Championship.

Scranton Stranglers Positional Grades: Mr_Nyah

QB: B-

RB: C+
WR: C+

TE: A+

Offense Roundup:

The QB is situation is solid without being spectacular, will be hoping Matt Ryan regains his MVP form and Flacco can retain his job as a starter to provide backup. Things look shaky at running back with very little depth on the roster. If Gurley fails to fire things could get grim with only backup RB's CJ Anderson and Kalen Ballage to fill the void. The receiver position has some quality options in Evans and Ertz (TE) with decent depth at both spots.

DL: B-

LB: B
DB: A-

Defense Roundup:

Probably has one of the most rounded defensive setups in the league. Was a large reason the team went to the championship game last year. Kuechly is potentially a top 3 Linebacker. The DB players are great and should provide consistent scoring. Demarcus Lawrence is out with injury but could be a huge presence on the D Line if he is healthy.

Overall Grade: B

Olma FC Positional Grades: Orasia Fantazio

RB: B-
WR: A+

TE: C+

Offense Roundup:

The real strength of this offense lies in the receiving corps. Hopkins, Adams, Woods, Anderson, Samuel and Moncrief form a deadly and exciting group capable of putting up huge numbers. The reigning champs will be hoping Garoppolo can live up to his hype, especially if Foles struggles in his new environment in Jacksonville. There are some good running backs in the mix and while there is a ton of depth at TE none seem to have huge upside.

DL: A-

LB: C+

Defense Roundup:
Hard to find a fault in this defensive unit. Despite a less than stellar grade at LB, they still have 3 or 4 strong options to compliment one of the better defensive lines in the league with Garrett and Joey Bosa headlining. The secondary was a strong unit last year and was bolstered by the inclusion of 1st round pick Safety Darnell Savage.

Overall Grade: B

HappyScrappy HeroPups @ HA HA

The HeroPups had a shocking 2018 season and were ranked last in the league so it will be a tough road trip taking on the highest scoring team from last year but some decent off season acquisitions could see them improve rapidly. HA HA as mentioned were the highest scoring team in the league but failed to secure a berth in the playoffs so will be disappointed with that result and will be keen to secure an early win in this important dvisional matchup.

HappyScrappy HeroPups Ratings: Broken

RB: C-
WR: B+

TE: B

Offense Roundup:
While this offense does have some decent weapons, it still feels a few players short of being able to contend with the best. Lamar Jackson will be better this year and the team added Will Grier should Cam Newton be injured. Josh Jacobs was the No. 1 rookie pick in the offseason and will headline the running backs along with David Johnson and Tarik Cohen. The depth behind those players isn't great though. Keenan Allen is the pick of the bunch in the recievers group, with Deebo Samuel another early rookie pick sure to bring some decent scoring. Engram is going to need to stay healthy as the teams only starting TE.

LB: C+
DB: B-

Defense Roundup:

The defense as a whole lacks any true big name, big play guys. Fred Warner is probably the best chance to put up huge numbers but the young linebacker needs to make a strong comeback after off season surgery. The secondary is potentially hampered by rostering 3 cornerbacks instead of the generally favored safeties.

Overall Grade: B-

Ha Ha Positional Grades: fuey

RB: C+
WR: B-
TE: A-

Offense Roundup:
Ha Ha have a high powered offense capable of putting up monster scores as evident last year, however it's the bench depth with real question marks and injuries and bye weeks could once again derail a promising season. Mahomes and Rodgers form a deadly QB duo, but it is a barren wasteland after them. Aaron Jones and Melvin Gordon are also a strong starting RB combo (providing Gordon resolves his contract issues) but again the depth falls away drastically after them. The WR group is lead by Cooks and Tyreek Hill. There is slightly more depth here but no one that seems viable as a top 24 replacement should injury occur. There is no such problem at TE with 3 players of starting caliber.

LB: C
DB: C-

Defense Roundup:
Aaron Donald and Bradley Chubb are the 2 stars of the defensive line. Kwon Alexander and TJ Watt are the linebackers expected to score strongly, with Milano a solid backup. Derwin James is an up and coming star of the league and could have been one of the top scoring defensive backs had he not been injured pre-season. While Ha Ha does have cover for this position they'll be hoping his injury isn't long term.

Belichick Yo Self @ Tallahassee Trashpandas

Both these teams failed to win in the first month of last season and struggled to recover enough and finished with 5-9 records. It will be an intriguing game as both teams will be desperate to start this season on the winners list. BYS were dealt an early blow with their prized #1 pick deciding to sit out season 2018 but with a full list to pick from things could be looking up in 2019. The Trashpandas will be hoping to put a forgettable season behind them and attempt to flip some regrettable records more in their favour this time round.

Belichick Yo Self Positional Grades: Dannyreed

QB: A

RB: A+
WR: B+

TE: C

Offense Roundup:

Adding Kyler Murray to the lineup this season will be an upgrade over an inconsistent Mariota, whilst Brady will hopefully hold off father time to put up decent numbers again. Le'Veon Bell didn't play last season which hurt this offense but he will be a vital asset to an improved list. They'll be hoping for Henry to continue his form from late last season, whilst Carson and Henderson could provide excellent production. Diggs is the standout at wide receiver but players like MVS, Boyd and Goodwin have upside. Keeping the faith in Josh Gordon and holding him on the roster could prove to be a masterstroke.

DL: B

LB: A
DB: A

Defense Roundup:
The team added 2 highly rated defensive players to the roster over the offseason in the rookie draft. Clelin Ferrell joins JJ Watt on the D Line, and Devin Bush joins Tremaine Edmunds as a linebacker to create an elite pairing. Jamaal Adams and Reshad Jones team up again and will likely be 2 of the better defensive backs in the league.

Overall Grade: A-

Tallahassee Trashpandas Ratings: Helfarch

QB: C+

RB: B
WR: B

Offense Roundup:
The QB rating may seem low for a team with Wentz and Trubisky as the starters. It is lowered though by the only backups being a shaky Case Keenum and Mason Rudolph, both whom may not see a lot of time on the field this season. The No. 4 pick in the rookie draft, David Montgomery joins star Saquon Barkley in the back field. Plenty of depth at this position but expect these 2 to do the heavy lifting. JuJu and Amari Cooper are the top wide outs with an eclectic bunch of backups with a checkered past. Trey Burton and Dawson Knox are the 2 tight ends, don't produce a ton of excitement.

Defense Roundup:
Nick Bosa will join DeForest Buckner on the defensive line, they are young and perhaps not quite ready to put up large numbers just yet but the future is bright. Davis and Mosley are 2 very solid options at linebacker. All 3 defensive backs are safeties and regarded highly. Should be a dependable and consistent defensive outfit.

Greenville Gorilla Bears @ Power House

Greenville starts season 2019 with a tough early schedule, taking on the #1 ranked regular season team from last season before a week 2 clash with reigning champion Olma FC. The Gorilla Bears were 0.500 last year and dropped some very winnable games so a win here will put them in contention early. Power House can't be happy with the ending to 2018 after posting an 11-3 record in the regular season before bowing out in the first week of the playoffs. They remain a strong team and will no doubt be around the mark come the business end of the season.

Greenville Gorilla Bears Positional Grades: LennyHayes77

QB: A

RB: A-

Offense Roundup:

The quarterbacks are again going to be led by the steady and reliable veterans Brees and Rivers, however Baker Mayfield will replace one of them as a full time starter should he live up to the hype. Eli Manning is there as a 4th option should things go sour. The G Bears have potentially one of the best backfields in the league, key word being potentially. Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon and Kerryon Johnson all have claims to be top 5 RB's, providing they can stay healthy. Julio and Fitzgerald are key veteran receivers that are joined by a host of promising young wideouts that again have the potential to be great, including Golladay, Geronimo Allison and rookies AJ Brown and Isabella. George Kittle is the no.1 tight end and will be hoping for another strong year.

DB: B-

Defense Roundup:
Danielle Hunter is the general of the defensive line, Cam Heyward and rookie Josh Allen will provide the secondary scoring. LVE is a rising star linebacker and could push to be one of the highest scorers at this position. Jonathan Abram was an early rookie selection and joins an average defensive back group.

Overall Grade: B+

Power House Positional Grades: A11dAtP0w3R

QB: B

RB: A+

Offense Roundup:

Prescott and Wilson will be the 2 starting QB's but the team will be hoping one of either Rosen or Haskins can get on the field to provide some cover at this position. Chubb and Conner are elite RB's and could be joined by Zeke Elliott provided he settles his contract issues. Sony Michel is a strong player that is currently just a depth player. The WR corps are led by young duo Cooper Cupp and Chris Godwin. The depth here is maybe a little weak as DJ Moore and Corey Davis are most likely the next 2 up. Kelce is the only TE rostered so should he go down it would be a disaster as he is likely the no.1 player at his position.

DL: C-

LB: A+

Defense Roundup:
The linebacker group is one of the strongest in the league, led by last years top LB Darius Leonard. Deion Jones, Corey Littleton and Shaq Thompson are all projected to score highly this season. With the phenominal depth at LB a trade could be beneficial to perhaps shore up the shallow defensive line. The DB's are an A grade bunch and just add to the scoring power of this outfit.

Vegas Injury Cursed @ Wet Slopes

Vegas Injury Cursed were lucky to win as many games as they did in 2018 according to some. The team was bottom 4 in points scored and 1 of only 2 teams to post a weekly total under 100 points. Week 1 will be a good test to see how they stack up against a team in a similar position. Wet Slopes had a fairly average season, finishing 7-7. They were a chance to make playoffs though, right up until they lost the last 4 of their last 5 games to drop out of contention. Should be a close match up.

Vegas Injury Cursed Ratings: manureid

QB: C-

RB: B+
WR: C-

TE: C-

Offense Roundup:

Things look shaky from the top with Derek Carr and Andy Dalton being relied upon as the QB options with rookie Daniel Jones as the only other signal caller who could see playing time this year. Marlon Mack and Fournette will likely get the nod as the starting RB's with Kenyan Drake and Miles Sanders strong backups. Guice and Darwin Thompson are 2 young backs with high potential. It gets even dicier in the wide receiver group with the top guy being Antonio Brown. John Brown is likely the 2nd best of this group until Golden Tate returns from suspension. Baldwin and Crabtree are still rostered despite being retired and unsigned respectively.

LB: C-
DB: B+

Defense Roundup:
Khalil Mack is the highlight of an otherwise underwhelming defensive roster. There is depth and potential at linebacker but none stand out as top picks. Bernardrick McKinney is the likeliest of the group to breakout. The same can be said of the defensive back group but Tony Jefferson and Shawn Williams could be decent at this generally unpredictable position.

Overall Grade: C+

Wet Slopes Ratings: iluvparis

QB: B+

RB: C-

TE: B-

Offense Roundup:

Should Andrew Luck stay healthy he vastly improves the QB group to one of the best in the league. His availability will be greatly needed as QB's like Fitzpatrick, Winston and Darnold can be very inconsistent on a week to week basis but they all can turn it on and put up big numbers. The RB room has talent but the issue is no one stands out as a true workhorse back. Royce Freeman and Lyndsay could fight each other for touches whilst Duke Johnson, Rashaad Penny and Damien Harris are all second on the depth charts. No such problems at wide reciever with OBJ, Michael Thomas and Tyler Lockett all their teams true no.1 target. The depth falls away slightly after that though with Will Fuller or Devin Funchess the next best. Unlike most teams Wet Slopes has 4 tight ends on the active roster. OJ Howard would seem the standout choice but Tyler Eifert and TJ Hockenson could provide some selection headaches.

LB: B+
DB: C-

Defense Roundup:
While there are perhaps no league winning defensive players on the roster there is a balance and depth here that should put the team in frequent winning positions. Calais Campbell on the defensive line, Kendricks, Ogletree and Von Miller at linebacker, Denzel Ward at defensive back are all quality
options.

Wizards Warriors @ Kamara Train

The Warriors changed names and general managers over the off season and will be hoping a fresh start in 2019 will result in a few more wins. Last season the team only managed 5 wins but perhaps their fortunes improve with some improvement in all areas. Kamara Train were one of the better performed teams in 2018 and while they would have been pleased to make the playoffs in a tough league they will be keen to improve and make it to the second week of playoffs and a potential title shot. Week 1 proves a good chance to start off 2019 with a win.

Wizards Warriors Ratings: Wizard

QB: C-

RB: B
WR: C-

Offense Roundup:

The previous general manager didn't exactly leave a great roster behind but that happens when you build your team around Blake Bortles. He remains on the roster but the quarterbacks will be led by Kirk Cousins and Josh Allen. The potential next Patriots QB is also waiting in the wings. McCaffrey is the shining light of this offense and he will be the building block of this team in the future. Kareem Hunt is another talented back but he is suspended for the first 8 games. Matt Breida is the only other option for early season games. Unfortunately things don't pick up when looking at the WR group. Adam Thielen is an excellent player but Marvin Jones is the second choice wideout. The team added talented rookies N'Keal Harry and Paris Campbell to the roster but it may be too early for them to flourish. Mike Gesicki is a young and promising TE but he is still a raw prospect so expect Vance McDonald to be the starter at that position.

Defense Roundup:
It would seem the defense is in a better position than the offense with some strong players at each slot. Melvin Ingram is a perennial top D liner and Jaylon Smith and Christian Kirksey form a strong and young linebacker corps. Jarrad Davis is also another young linebacker destined for a big season. Landon Collins is one of the top safeties in the league and will be the leader in a formidable DB class

Overall Grade: B-.

Kamara Train Ratings: drd23

QB: A+

RB: A-
WR: B-

TE: A-

Offense Roundup:
The A+ grade at QB is due to the high projections of Watson and Goff however with those being the only 2 QB's on the roster, things could change if one or both miss time. The running back group is led by Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram with Tevin Coleman a solid 3rd back. Austin Ekeler and LeSean McCoy are the depth here. TY Hilton, AJ Green and Landry form a capable WR lot, which is backed up by rookies Arcega-Whiteside and Metcalf, with Mike Williams another who could enjoy a productive year. Another team to roster 4 TE's, it shouldn't be a problem to find decent scoring from guys like Ebron, Andrews, Walker or Hunter Henry.

DL: A

DB: B+

Defense Roundup:

It's hard to find many points of difference in a relatively even league and while players like Cam Jordan and Justin Houstin are terrific, they are the only 2 DL's on the team and will need to live up to projections to be considered worthy of their A grade tag. Bobby Wagner is one of the most talented linebackers in the league and a young Roquan Smith is expected to improve this season should see a top score from these guys. The DB's should do enough to make this defense one of the best in the league.

OBJ and Thomas and my WR rating is a B

Lenny plz

Brees is about to hit the wall and Beckham's a w***er...Lenny didn't drop your WR grade far enough imo 🙂

Love your work Lenny.

Only qualm I’d have would be C+ for my LBs a top 5 in Martinez along with Devin White and Schobert, I’m happy with where they’re at

B- for fuey s Mahomes and Rodgers fairly rough too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back