2019 JLT thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Folks! So I'm done for another year. My full JLT spreadsheet is published on our website and accessible for all to use as a research tool!

I'd love if you could give the facebook post a like (just click the little 'F' up the top right of the picture) :thumbsu:

but if you'd rather not (lol, tightarse), then click the link in the photo to go straight to the website ;)

Lots of late nights and many hours of data entry, I appreciate any form of gratitude :thumbsu:

Enjoy!

Guns and Rookies cant go wrong. Well it can but so can anything really. You know how I was saying get Worpel for Greene and but also said I didnt who cut to to free up cash for Macrae Cousins and Ridley. Well it was staring me right it the face.:p

Capture.JPG

Going Worpel to Moore has allowed me to still keep a non rookie at f4, bring Macrae back for Oliver, put Ridley down back and upgrade Aktins to Cousins who I can now have onfield next to Walsh. Downside to this is that while Moore has matched Worpels scoring in the JLT I suspect Worpel will will average more when the real thing starts due to his on ball role but hopefully not by too much and has the potential to be a keeper in his position at least as a F7/M9 swing man later in the year if all goes well which it never does lol. Also riskier due to Moores durability.

However whatever points Moore loses to Worpel I think I can make up with Macrae, Cousins and Ridley on field over some cheaper rookies while also providing me superior cash gen. I putting my faith in Macrae scoring like he did last year and cousins, ridley scoring like they have in the JLT. Well not so much like that but at least averaging 20 points more than their cheaper counterparts, I think their JS is stronger also. I just hope Brodie, Brouch, Moore dont all go early in the same round:eek:

Wines may be ready for around 1 so that means Dew will make way. Would still be a good option on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Wines should go Water Skiing again in that case. He was never gonna get the same mid minutes that he got in the jlt. He is still a far better option than most other forward rookies to field.

Guns and Rookies cant go wrong. Well it can but so can anything really. You know how I was saying get Worpel for Greene and but also said I didnt who cut to to free up cash for Macrae Cousins and Ridley. Well it was staring me right it the face.:p

View attachment 633615

Going Worpel to Moore has allowed me to still keep a non rookie at f4, bring Macrae back for Oliver, put Ridley down back and upgrade Aktins to Cousins who I can now have onfield next to Walsh. Downside to this is that while Moore has matched Worpels scoring in the JLT I suspect Worpel will will average more when the real thing starts due to his on ball role but hopefully not by too much and has the potential to be a keeper in his position at least as a F7/M9 swing man later in the year if all goes well which it never does lol. Also riskier due to Moores durability.

However whatever points Moore loses to Worpel I think I can make up with Macrae, Cousins and Ridley on field over some cheaper rookies while also providing me superior cash gen. I putting my faith in Macrae scoring like he did last year and cousins, ridley scoring like they have in the JLT. Well not so much like that but at least averaging 20 points more than their cheaper counterparts, I think their JS is stronger also. I just hope Brodie, Brouch, Moore dont all go early in the same round:eek:
Our teams are so close to being the same its scary.

It's a real shame Newman didn't suck more people in, the melts after round 1 would've been delicious
Inb4 he scores 103 and 97 sucking everyone in before spudding up

Yes but not for the other 199,998 SCers its not

giphy.gif

View attachment 633615

Really like this team!! Mine is similar but a few lingering questions... Do you see Ridley keeping up his JLT scoring? Crisp v Whitfield: it’s Whitfield for me but only just. How will Dusty go? I love him but concerned of my Richmond bias. And the never-ending F3 rotation: Kelly to Dunkley to Menegola to Smith and back again.

Really like this team!! Mine is similar but a few lingering questions... Do you see Ridley keeping up his JLT scoring? Crisp v Whitfield: it’s Whitfield for me but only just. How will Dusty go? I love him but concerned of my Richmond bias. And the never-ending F3 rotation: Kelly to Dunkley to Menegola to Smith and back again.

I dont think Ridley will average 90 but 70 to 80 is a real possibility by the looks of things. If he starts slow its far easier to downgrade him to cheap option with 1 trade rather than trying to find the money for him if he starts well. All the guys that would take his spot are injured so JS is good at least early on.

Both whitfield and Crisp will be top 10 defenders injury permitting was only cash that made me choose crisp Both has very similair output last year and expect the same this year.

Cripps Danger Heeney Dusty have not left my side in any variation so far and there has been many. Dusty is a lock for me.

All of those F3 options carry a risk. I just get the sense based on the last game Telly will be in geelong starting midfield rotation more often that not. All of them are prob top 10 fwds this year anyway so not sure you can go wrong picking any of them but Menegola and Dev arent worth starting for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Ridley will average 90 but 70 to 80 is a real possibility by the looks of things. If he starts slow its far easier to downgrade him to cheap option with 1 trade rather than trying to find the money for him if he starts well. All the guys that would take his spot are injured so JS is good at least early on.

Both whitfield and Crisp will be top 10 defenders injury permitting was only cash that made me choose crisp Both has very similair output last year and expect the same this year.

Cripps Danger Heeney Dusty have not left my side in any variation so far and there has been many. Dusty is a lock for me.

All of those F3 options carry a risk. I just get the sense based on the last game Telly will be in geelong starting midfield rotation more often that not. All of them are prob top 10 fwds this year anyway so not sure you can go wrong picking any of them but Menegola and Dev arent worth starting for me.
Ridley for me has a risk of Bonner about him, but as you said a lot easier to go a Ridley > Collins than vise versa so makes sense!

I’m starting to warm back up to Dusty and trying to figure how I could get him back into the side. Cripps, Oliver & MCrouch haven’t left my side yet, so it’s down to Macrae, BCrouch & Libba. Macrae seems to be a lock for top 8 again (more likely top 5) so I’m weighing up BCrouch vs Libba. At this stage I’m thinking of flicking Libba as BCrouch is much more likely to remain M9 than Libba if both remain injury-free! Other option is to flick Macrae for Dusty and ride Libbas price up and hope Macrae falls and switch them when timing permits... 🤔🤔🤔

Can't understand the love for Cousins.

Clarko will turf him out as soon as he stinks it up and at that price is not worth the risk.

Not sure why you think that. Was apparently earmarked for a midfield role this year even prior to Titch going down and got plenty of mid minutes in both games with no super obvious ommission to take his spot rnd 1. I already have Walsh. Butters, Constable, Scott. Atkins is borderline 22 for the cats and even constable could be in out of the team given geelongs midfield depth he will be a bench player at best. Gibbons will score like s**t. Hind has struggled to crack 50. Both Caldwell and Hately got heavily reduced TOG in the 2nd JLT game which indicates a lack of JS. If any of them do well and he stinks it up easy enough to trade down.

Can't understand the hype for Ridley. He has Riley Bonner of 2018 written all over him.
Had 25 touches and 7 marks in his first AFL match. Don't know what happened after that, but still, decent effort. Couple of strong JLT performances combined with the fact that he will play in the early rounds and his good debut makes him look good

ps. I don't have him

Can't understand the love for Cousins.

Clarko will turf him out as soon as he stinks it up and at that price is not worth the risk.
I wouldn't be surprised if he averages more than Worpel lol

Ridley for me has a risk of Bonner about him, but as you said a lot easier to go a Ridley > Collins than vise versa so makes sense!

I’m starting to warm back up to Dusty and trying to figure how I could get him back into the side. Cripps, Oliver & MCrouch haven’t left my side yet, so it’s down to Macrae, BCrouch & Libba. Macrae seems to be a lock for top 8 again (more likely top 5) so I’m weighing up BCrouch vs Libba. At this stage I’m thinking of flicking Libba as BCrouch is much more likely to remain M9 than Libba if both remain injury-free! Other option is to flick Macrae for Dusty and ride Libbas price up and hope Macrae falls and switch them when timing permits... 🤔🤔🤔

Fair question, Yes definite risk of Ridley being bonner like. I could turn him into Collins, Burgess or McKay. The last 2 might even struggle to get to 250k. If their JLT scoring holds.

The defence just fell to bits this year.
Doc, Blakely, Williams, Roberton Corbet
Clarke Dursma Hore would of been bang on.
Now we are looking at spuds like Moore, Ridley and Smifthy...the question has to asked, which one of you kents is responsible for upsetting the Super Coach Gods? Hhmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back