• Richard Marles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Joel Fitzgibbon

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A straight white woman as PM was too much for some, I'm with Caesar, there's still a section of this country that would lose it at the prospect of an Asian lesbian leading this country.

Its not just a section, its a big section. If labor puts her up for the leadership theyre just condemning themselves to another decade in the wilderness. dream result for those of us on the right.

Plibersek has always impressed me but I cannot get past the fact that she is married to a convicted Heroin Dealer. How is that going to look to the general electorate (not her fault I know.....but come on).

Plibersek has always impressed me but I cannot get past the fact that she is married to a convicted Heroin Dealer. How is that going to look to the general electorate (not her fault I know.....but come on).

She's good and I don't judge her or him but she'd have to travel places and command respect where they execute people for it. It might be a distraction though seems not to have affected her career thus far.

Well I never trusted Abbott & the Lib party proved me correct on that.

Could you imagine if Dutton had got the leadership? Maybe 50% informal at the election? :)

I always thought Albo would be the better leader & media face of the party. He's just more natural at speaking & a damn site more entertaining. Plibersek is very sound & well informed doesn't lighten up enough for me. Good minister/deputy type though.

I'd think if Albo were to be elected leader, as he should IMO, Parliament debates might be more interesting & fun. Scomo is a good speaker. It could be like the old days with Keating, Hawke, Costello & our local boy Michael Hodgman ( very funny man with a terrible thirst for beers & banter, father of current Tas Premier Will Hodgman who has no charisma at all) These guys made question time etc almost a must listen time.;)

They're all :poo: mate.

Albanese and Plibersek have confirmed their candidacies for the leadership. Joel Fitzgibbon flagged that he's thinking about running, in an interview this morning on Radio National. Bowen is considering his position.

A straight white woman as PM was too much for some, I'm with Caesar, there's still a section of this country that would lose it at the prospect of an Asian lesbian leading this country.

I'm not denying that, but the Labor thing is a much broader matter amongst the majority. Respectfully, you're thinking like an elitist, which is why I reckon they failed. Seriously, how many true working class voters 30-35 & over would be strongly in sync with Wong's ideals? Bringing sexuality and race in to the matter is a bit of a cop out from where I sit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a sad state of affairs, in the current corrupt and deplorable Parliament House, all the way from pre-selection, a candidate has to run a gauntlet of immorality, just to get to the state where they can be perceived as being a person who has the best intentions and interests for their victims.

Yep, this is a monster-building factory, like nature evolving a sit-and-wait kind of predator, that lures the fly into a sense of security before closing its trap and dissolving the bug in its digestive juices.

The question is, would we want any Labor candidate capable of defeating the deceptions and lies of NewsCorp, the money of Clive Palmer, and the deep-seeded corruption of The Liberal Party... what would this beast look like, and what else will it be capable of?

Well its the nature of all political parties, world wide pretty well. Parties weren't part of the Westminster System when it was formed. It became a way of concentration power & thus control of Government.

The system has been further corrupted by the era of the party machine & professional Politicians. They sell influence to powerful organisations & businesses, & buy votes with taxpayer monies. Especially in close electorates. The actual needs of the nation run a distant place to the wants of the Politicians.

Its getting worse now we have 'Presidentualised' the role of the Prime Minister.

Tanya Out.
I am overwhelmed by the confidence my colleagues, the union movement, and Labor party members have placed in me.

I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their support.

But now is not my time.

At this point, I cannot reconcile the important responsibilities I have to my family with the additional responsibilities of the Labor leadership

She's smarter than I thought. The times don't suit her.

Or is this pressure being applied so the left can consolidate around one candidate (Albo)?

She's smarter than I thought. The times don't suit her.

Or is this pressure being applied so the left can consolidate around one candidate (Albo)?
Probably both. If she is anyway involved in the leadership Shorten will keep on being brought up. The ALP will want to move on from him.

Back