• Richard Marles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Joel Fitzgibbon

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Albo and Plibersek I’d have to imagine would be standouts, Bowen may be damaged internally because he was seemingly the key architect behind much of the proposed economic reform. A smoky might be someone like a Jim Chalmers type.

You beat me to it, he has to go imo. I personally preferred Albo or Swan over Shorten in the first place.

Swan retired at this election. A reason why Lilley was under threat because of the loss of the incumbent.

Albo and Plibersek I’d have to imagine would be standouts, Bowen may be damaged internally because he was seemingly the key architect behind much of the proposed economic reform. A smoky might be someone like a Jim Chalmers type.

Talk is that it will be between Albo, Plibersek and Chalmers.

Albo would win it. Chalmers is too much of an unknown and Plibersek is not dynamic enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowen is absolutely the best man policy wise for mine

Problem is the media won't back him up

Liberals were there for the taking. Somehow didn't get punished at the polls like Labor did with both their leadership turmoil's. Liberals have a leader that lacks charisma, didn't offer a plan for Australia prior to the election, ducked and dodged his way around lies, and his out of touch party still somehow won. All falls back to Labor and Shorten. Don't think Shorten ever truly won the public over, even inside his own ranks. They need a strong personality for their next leader that can take it to the Coalition and win over the public in ways Shorten failed, he wasn't strong enough.

What to do about Queensland, and the big money spend by Palmer that helped jack his and one nations parties votes enough to swing Labor seats away on preferences is another story. Becoming like America, where the rich buying lies and fear pays off.

Last edited:
Albo in a tricky spot.

Do you put him in now and hope he gets a bump and carries that through the next 3 years?

Or risk burning your most electable face before then, knowing the cupboard is largely bare?

Just don’t put in the oxygen thieving, identity politiking, Plibersek.

For *s sake.

They're in a very odd spot here - Albo the most electorally appealing and could certainly "out ScoMo" Morrison, but suffers from being about as stereotypically inner-city as you could possibly get. Plibersek in similar territory. Bowen probably their strongest policy performer, but suffers from the same problems as Shorten.

Agree on Chalmers being a dark horse. Jason Clare or Husic maybe the others on that list.

Albo would be the logical choice. I have nothing against Plibersek but I agree she's probably electoral poison right now. Jim Chalmers is another one I have a lot of time for.

Forget Wong, she's in the senate and they'd need to get her into the house of reps to make her leader.

Back