Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the ladder predictor I've got:

WC
Brisbane
Geelong
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Essendon
Port Adelaide

If we win all 3, we'll finish equal top on points, and it'll come down to percentage. If Geelong beat Brissie their percentage should allow them to finish 1st, but we'll be second hosting Brisbane at home in week 1, with Geelong hosting Richmond. The perfect launching pad for finals for us, so we just need to aim for all 3. Should beat Adelaide and Hawthorn comfortably, so Richmond will be the big test. If Geelong lose even 1 and either WC or Brissie win 3 they drop from top. Brisbane needs to win 3 or 2 with a huge percentage boost to finish first. Very small chance of Richmond finishing first I think. You'd think the top 3 are almost set.

Using the ladder predictor I've got:

WC
Brisbane
Geelong
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Essendon
Port Adelaide

If we win all 3, we'll finish equal top on points, and it'll come down to percentage. If Geelong beat Brissie their percentage should allow them to finish 1st, but we'll be second hosting Brisbane at home in week 1, with Geelong hosting Richmond. The perfect launching pad for finals for us, so we just need to aim for all 3. Should beat Adelaide and Hawthorn comfortably, so Richmond will be the big test. If Geelong lose even 1 and either WC or Brissie win 3 they drop from top. Brisbane needs to win 3 or 2 with a huge percentage boost to finish first. Very small chance of Richmond finishing first I think. You'd think the top 3 are almost set.
If Richmond win our next 2, cats beat north and Carlton but lose to Brisbane wo also win the next 2 and the eagles win 2 of their last 3 it will all hinge on the final Richmond Brisbane game. You might see a 40 point win to the tigers reward them with 3rd spot and a trip to Perth while a 20 point win keep them in 4th and a clash with the cats at the G. Be interesting if that is the case and we keep on kicking it out on the full...

Looking at the round 23 fixture Brisbane should know if Geelong are unassailable on top of ladder and they may be better off losing to Richmond to get first game of finals at MCG rather than Perth.

If Richmond win our next 2, cats beat north and Carlton but lose to Brisbane wo also win the next 2 and the eagles win 2 of their last 3 it will all hinge on the final Richmond Brisbane game. You might see a 40 point win to the tigers reward them with 3rd spot and a trip to Perth while a 20 point win keep them in 4th and a clash with the cats at the G. Be interesting if that is the case and we keep on kicking it out on the full...
And then Brisbane get a run on and win and Richmond drop to 5th with GWS overtaking them

It's pretty plausible Pies V Bombers play Rd 23 and back up the next week in an Elimination final. Interesting quirk if it happens. Although unlikely its possible Lions and Richmond do the same.

It's pretty plausible Pies V Bombers play Rd 23 and back up the next week in an Elimination final. Interesting quirk if it happens. Although unlikely its possible Lions and Richmond do the same.
Happens surprisingly often from memory. 2015 we did the same against North, reckon Hawthorn and Sydney backed up recently too.

Port vs Freo in the last round will determine who finishes 8th imo. Adelaide will take Essendon's spot. Too hard to determine top 4 right now. Any utensil ups will let GWS and Collingwood back into the picture.
Port to finish 7th, Essendon 8th. Crows wont win another game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port to win their last 3, Bombers to go 1-2 and Crows to go 0-3. I got port ar $5.50 last week to make the 8..
Geelong
West Coast
Brisbane
Richmond
GWS
Collingwood
Port
Essendon

Bulldogs
Adelaide

I made a thing to score the accuracy of ladder predictions:

https://squiggle.com.au/rate-my-ladder/

For example, taking the very first ladder prediction in this thread, and assuming the ladder doesn't change from here...

View attachment 713461

Which is actually a pretty decent prediction.

Please have a play with it, if you like, and let me know of any bugs! You can do previous years, too.
I have to check Bigfooty more. This is a great tool mate. Interesting my pre season prediction was better than my mid season

Optimal strategy to do so you would think.

Port have the bonus of playing last and knowing exactly what score they need.
Freo may be out of contention by then aswell which would turn it into a dead rubber for them

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Cats go down this week. Travelling back from Perth and after playing half the game in very wet conditions.

Should be a clause, if you lose to a 10th placed side by over 100 points in round 21, you are disqualified from finals. No way they are turning that ship around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back