Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a clause, if you lose to a 10th placed side by over 100 points in round 21, you are disqualified from finals. No way they are turning that ship around.
Coaster what would your predictions be if the ladder did finish like this

Geelong
Brisbane
WCE
Richmond
Collingwood
GWS
Port
Bulldogs

Coaster what would your predictions be if the ladder did finish like this

Geelong
Brisbane
WCE
Richmond
Collingwood
GWS
Port
Bulldogs

A Richmond Lions GF. I don't have Eagles beating Lions at the GABBA or Tigers in a prelim at the G. Worst possible result for us imo. I'd prefer finish 4th and play Geelong at the G week 1.

Not inconceivable that West Coast grabs second spot? If they beat the Hawks by about 40 and the Tige's beat the Lions by the same, Eagles go second. 80 odd points either way could happen. 20 point Eagles win, 60 point tiger win. Vice Versa. Tigers could play funny business as the Eagles look to be their biggest challenger too. I would if I were them. Would keep the Lions in 2nd if in their position.

I reckon Richmond will roast Brisbane should they wish too. Dusty is on another level atm.

Not inconceivable that West Coast grabs second spot? If they beat the Hawks by about 40 and the Tige's beat the Lions by the same, Eagles go second. 80 odd points either way could happen. 20 point Eagles win, 60 point tiger win. Vice Versa. Tigers could play funny business as the Eagles look to be their biggest challenger too. I would if I were them. Would keep the Lions in 2nd if in their position.

I reckon Richmond will roast Brisbane should they wish too. Dusty is on another level atm.
Eagles may well win big over the Hawks but I don't think the Tigers will over the Lions. I think that game will be tightly-fought. There have been 8 or 9 changes to the Lions squad since their last meeting, and each one has been an upgrade.

bumpski

wonder how everyone went

Lions for the Premiership

At this stage top 8 would be

Brisbane
Hawthorn
Western
Richmond
Collingwood
Geelong
Carlton
WCE

Maybe GWS dependant on who will be at the club.

WCE/Rich/Coll someone big will miss the 8.

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne
3. West Coast
4. Collingwood
5. GWS
6. Hawthorn
7. Essendon
8. Sydney

9. North Melbourne
10. Adelaide
11. Geelong
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Fremantle
14. Brisbane Lions
15. Port Power
16. St. Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

GF: Melbourne def. Collingwood

Not great. I went against the grain in tipping Adelaide to miss though so that's something. Very happy to be very wrong on us.

2020:
For us, I'm still keeping a lid on this season, let alone next year. Melbourne's experience has me nervous - I'm not taking anything for granted.

GWS and maybe Essendon most likely the drop-outs. NM and Port (if they get a new coach) to replace them. Crows/Suns/Swans fighting for the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll make a revised ladder now at the halfway stage

1 Geelong
2 Collingwood
3 West Coast
4 GWS
5 Adelaide
6 Port
7 Richmond
8 Brisbane

9 Fremantle
10 Sydney
11 Western Bulldogs
12 Hawthorn
13 Essendon
14 North Melbourne
15 St Kilda
16 Carlton
17 Melbourne
18 Gold Coast
Hit a few but more than a few bad calls here especially my predictions 5th through to 8th.

Ridiculous to be doing 2020 predictions but I can't help myself.

1. Richmond
2. Brisbane
3. Collingwood
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. WCE
7. Hawthorn
8. Geelong

9. Carlton
10. GWS
11. Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. Sydney
14. Fremantle
15. St. Kilda
16. North Melbourne
17. Adelaide
18. Gold Coast

Even though one round has passed, think I'll take a stab at it

1. Richmond
2. Giants
3. Fremantle
4. West Coast
5. Brisbane
6. Collingwood
7. Hawthorn
8. Geelong
--
9. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Port Adelaide
14. Carlton
15. North Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. Gold Coast
18. Essendon

I've had a look at it a few times, and I really feel the top 13 could go anywhere.

Now that the home and away season is over I'm just gonna look again at the one I posted after round one earlier this year.
Out of the top 8 clubs I only really got Fremantle and Hawthorn wrong, with the Bulldogs and Essendon taking places in the 8 with some of the positions moved around.
I expected Melbourne to fall off but nowhere near as far as they did.
Essendon hahahaha I stuffed that one.
in fact I think Adelaide was the only team I got in the right position everyone else is kinda jumbled up.
Didn't really expect Geelong to become minor premiers and I thought the Giants would improve but injuries to their better players seemed to get in the way.
Thought Brisbane would really improve but they did better than I thought.
Everyone else eh they are all over the place but it's not entirely a terrible prediction.

'' mock '' predictions. I'll do a proper one tomorrow. As a fu** around and emphasis is on fu** around, this is what I had

Geelong 18-4
Collingwood 18-4
WCE 16-6
GWS 14-8
Adelaide 14-8
Fremantle 14-8
Richmond 14-8
Port 12-10
------------
Lions 12-10
Dons 11-11
Sydney 11-11
Hawks 10-12

Hawks are a very dangerous side and If I had it correctly the Lions would be in the 8.

Cats would roll GWS although it would be great to see us play them at GMBHA where they knocked us off early season. They'd fancy themselves again and would believe just like Freo 2013 but I feel we get the chocolates here.

Pies-Eagles well against better judgement I had the Pies beating the up and down West Coast at Optus during the regular season. They beat the Dockers but resorted back to their Yeo-Yeo form ( see what I did there ) and lost at home to the Maggies a week later.

In the finals Eagles could roll em obviously. Pies are my pick for the flag but for a '' fu** around '' ladder and predictor I'll have West Coast winning.

Crows vs Port what a spectacle. 3 from 3 for the Crows.

Freo vs Richmond - Tigers can win and beat them already. I'll give Freo the chocolates in this one.

Semi Finals

GWS vs Adelaide - Giants roll
Pies vs Freo - Collingwood with Mayne kicking the winning point with a deflected soccer kick:)

Prelim Finals

Cats vs Pies - That's where s**t gets real and it's 2007 allover again. Only this time, it's 2008 allover again. The Pies upset us a game before the Hawks did.

WCE vs GWS - Coniglio runs amok in Perth and it's not b2b for West Coast. Collingwood fans rejoice as the Giants stun West Coast much like their own team did in that 2007 semi.

Grand Final

Collingwood vs GWS

Magpies win in a canter. They enjoy the show as a late flurry of goals by the Pies are cheered in sheer delight and rejoice. Treloar kicks four as the Black n Whites roar. Norm Smith for him with The Hosk kicking 3 as they destroy their old team mates. De Goey puts on a show-ee with 4, Pendy and Sidebottom amongst the best too.

Collingwood are the 2019 Premiers
Can't meet in the GF, posted that June 10.

I'll stick with that!!!!! Pies for the Prem that is and Treloar for the Norm Smith.

Didn't put the Tige's in had WCE instead. Was a mock but the Pies part will come true.

2020:

1. Richmond
2. West Coast
3. Collingwood
4. GWS
5. Brisbane
6. Geelong
7. Hawthorn
8. Port Adelaide

9. Essendon
10. Carlton
11. Adelaide
12. Sydney
13. St.kilda
14. North Melbourne
15. Fremantle
16. Melbourne
17. Gold Coast
18. W.Bulldogs

There we go. That'll do

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

well, this is a strange ladder.
Using the predictor on the AFL website

1-WCE
2-Coll
3-Rich
4-Bris (have them top spot into the byes)
5-Melb
6-Port
7-Ess
8-Adel
---------
GWS
North
Hawks
Syd
Geel
Frem
Dogs
Carl
GCS
StK
will pat myself on the back for Brisbane
otherwise a terrible effort

Adelaide 16-6 actual 10/12
Melbourne 15-7 actual 5/17
Eagles 14-8 actual 15/7
Hawks 14-8 actual 11/11

Giants 14-8 actual 13/9
Pies 14-8 actual 15/7
Richmond 13-9 actual 16/6
Essendon 13-9 actual 12/10

Brisbane 11-11 actual 16/6
Geelong 11-11 actual 16/6
Port 11-11 spot on
Sydney 10-12 actual 8/14

North 9-13 actual 10/12
Fremantle 9-13 spot on

Dogs 7-15 actual 12/10
Saints 6-16 actual 9/13
Carlton 6-16 actual 7/15
Suns 4-18 actual 3/19

+2 or -2

giphy.gif
5 out of the final 8 - got 2 horribly wrong too high and 2 horribly wrong too low

The rest fell into the 2/2 margin

1. Brisbane
2. West Coast
3. Collingwood
4. GWS
5. Richmond
6. Carlton
7. Essendon
8. Port Adelaide

9. Hawthorn
10. Bulldogs
11. Freo
12. Geelong
13. Sydney
14. Adelaide
15. North Melbourne
16. Melbourne
17. StKilda
18. Gold Coast

Oh dear. So use to people trolling when the tip Brisbane to finish top.

Anyways next year we should be aiming to play in another finals campaign. Not sure how the tougher draw is going to affect us given we beat 5 out of the 8 teams that played finals at least once (lost to Collingwood, Richmond and essendon and didn't play any of these teams twice during the regular season).

Anything but a Melbourne year would suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back