Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
At the moment would have to pencil in these teams for the top 8

Richmond
GWS
Melbourne
WCE
Collingwood
Essendon

And these teams to miss it

Suns
Blues
Saints
Freo
Bulldogs

7 Remaining teams. Anyone could make the 8 out of Adelaide, Port, Hawks Cats, Kangaroos and Sydney. I put the Swans in after deliberation, then took them out again. They always find a way and the quality they possess in Frankiln, Heeney, JK and Jack always holds them in good stead. But they have to fail to qualify for the finals at some time, not sure when though.

Fremantle is an interesting one. They've been blooding youngsters for a couple of seasons now and Lyon has been at the helm for quite some time. Will their youth and game plan come into affect next year, or are they just an average side period? Fyfe, Walters, Neale are quality players. The troubling aspect with them is Sandilands looks shot, Mundy is 33 and Brad Hill wants to leave. Stephen Hill is constantly injured or out of form and looks as though his best days are behind him. Ballantyne is also on the wrong side of 30.

The Doggies have a young champion in Bontempelli and won the flag two years ago but since then have faltered in a major way. Not sure when they will get back up any time soon, if at all. But when you have a star player in the Bont, you'd be foolish to write them off.

The Hawks. Very interesting. After just one season outside of the 8 and mind you they didn't miss it by that much after a disastrous start, they already find themselves on the verge of September action, and not only that, pushing for top 4. Gunston, Breust, Roughead, Puopollo, Smith, Frawley and McEvoy are seasoned campaigners. So too are the likes of Schoenmakers who's still only 27 thrown in with the Likes of Mitchell and Impey who find the ball and execute nicely with the latter displaying good explosion and pace. Impressive youngsters with Howe, Hardwick, Burton, Warpel, Sicily and O'Meara. O'meara's knee at least for now is continuing to hold up. Mastermind legendary tactician at the helm in Hardwick and I'd be inclined to have them in the 8. Going to have to include them now:think:Which leaves one remaining position in the 8.

If I would have to fill that last position in the 8 it would be a flip of the coin between Port Adelaide and Geelong. The trouble on my Catters is even with all the midfield magic we possess, we just don't get it done. Our coach is one dimensional at best and to top that off Gazza's best days are behind him, and gun recruit Tim Kelly looks on the way out at seasons end. I'd have to give Port the edge but they're another jekyll and hyde character of the AFL. I will add though, what if that goal wasn't given to the Crows in the showdown two weeks ago. With a minute and a half remaining they're about a 95 percent chance to hang on and win that game. It changes the dynamics of the club and season dramatically. To top that off they were cruelly hit by injuries against the West Coast on the weekend. They could have easily been joint second on the afl Ladder and in the conversation for possible premiers in season 2018. Even claim one of those wins and things look a lot different.

History shows us that a couple drop out and a couple come in the 8 each season. That will probably be the case again next year. Hawks and Port for me to complete the 8 for me but who knows really. Almost no one predicted West Coast to have the season they are { except for demondavey } and they've been massively hit by injuries themselves.

Blues
Saints
Suns

Already drawing a line through them for season 2019.

edited

2020 Predictions also up

Last edited:

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Chris Scott likes this

images

Bomberblitzer

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2013
The Boiler Room
AFL Club
Essendon
Can see the Bombers improving next year especially with (fingers crossed) a fit Daniher kicking 65+ like we know he can.

It is interesting actually, the game plan from 2017 was fast and high-scoring but we lacked the pressure game that sides like Richmond brought. After the first half of this year we adjusted and have gone past a few teams imo, but haven't managed to maintain the high scoring. I'm not sure if we can bring it back even with Joey thanks to the extra strain on the players.

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah I must say as an opposition fan it's sweet relief that Ballantyne is over 30, as a key cog to to the Freo side recently it's great to know he`s finishing and the Dockers will have to somehow find a replacement for him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back