Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction before the season is so far coming okay. I was able to foresee almost all of the teams featuring in the current top 8 (and bottom 8), with the 1 exception being Brisbane instead of Port. I think I am the one of the few posters who has had only 1 team wrong so far (if we're talking predictions before the season).

In terms of positioning, my top 2 is looking pretty solid.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-ladder-predictions.1202007/page-74#post-59819413

Last edited:
My prediction before the season is so far coming okay. I was able to foresee almost all of the teams featuring in the current top 8 (and bottom 8), with the 1 exception being Brisbane instead of Port. I think I am the one of the few posters who has had only 1 team wrong so far (if we're talking predictions before the season).

In terms of positioning, my top 2 is looking pretty solid.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2019-ladder-predictions.1202007/page-74#post-59819413

View attachment 719146
Fair effort. Kudos for picking Melbourne to miss the 8 when everyone else had them top 4. Also surprised you had cats so high pre season. That’s the closest to the pin I’ve come across.

Fair effort. Kudos for picking Melbourne to miss the 8 when everyone else had them top 4. Also surprised you had cats so high pre season. That’s the closest to the pin I’ve come across.
It's the ladder I've seen with the lowest Mean Squared Error, which means it has few big misses. But only one team is in the exact right spot (at the moment), and 13 are out by at least two rungs. So it has quite a lot of small mistakes. Here on Squiggle's Rate My Ladder.

It's the ladder I've seen with the lowest Mean Squared Error, which means it has few big misses. But only one team is in the exact right spot (at the moment), and 13 are out by at least two rungs. So it has quite a lot of small mistakes. Here on Squiggle's Rate My Ladder.

Hahah Suns were always a shoe-in for 18th so that one was easy 🤣

My positioning is way off (I mean, Ess at 4th? Ha!), but in terms of top 8 I could have never, ever seen Brissy making it or being that high. Literally goes to show that a surprise packet is always going to come out of nowhere every season... which is pretty unique to our league in a sense.

Adelaide have disappointed me. Probably shouldn't have been so harsh on the Pies. Had a weird inkling that Richmond weren't going to be as great as they used to be but they've definitely surprised me.

Did not fall for the Melbourne hype but man I couldn't have imagined they'd be this shithouse.

My positioning is way off (I mean, Ess at 4th? Ha!), but in terms of top 8 I could have never, ever seen Brissy making it or being that high. Literally goes to show that a surprise packet is always going to come out of nowhere every season... which is pretty unique to our league in a sense.

Adelaide have disappointed me. Probably shouldn't have been so harsh on the Pies. Had a weird inkling that Richmond weren't going to be as great as they used to be but they've definitely surprised me.

Did not fall for the Melbourne hype but man I couldn't have imagined they'd be this s**thouse.
Many actually had the Lions in the 8.

Could the top 4 all finish with the same number of wins, has that ever happened before?
Unlikely I know but would reflect a very even year and wouldn’t be surprised if any of them plus potentially GWS won the flag this year.
Maybe the top 5 could?

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Richmond making top 4 is really not that big a stretch. I redid the ladder predictor and had them finishing 3rd. Their run home is:

GWS - difficult, but should be winnable
Port - difficult, but should win this one
Collingwood - difficult, probably lose
Melbourne - easy win
Carlton - easy win
West Coast - difficult, but winnable
Brisbane - difficult, but winnable

So not the easiest run home, but could realistically finish 7-0 since they were gifted the dream run of not leaving the MCG for the remainder of the year. Unless they get unlucky with where they finish, they will not play away from the MCG a single more time this year.

Looking back on this little block now, might be safe to say the toughest three games are right at the end of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If tigers can win the next 2 away games against saints at docklands and suns on the Gold Coast, we then don’t leave the G for the last 7 games while getting back pretty much everyone besides rance*.

Never know, could get on a bit of a run the tigers, we won our last 9 games in 2014 to make the 8 from an impossible position of 3-10. We are a much better side now, we win our last 9 and we just might sneak into 4th and play the cats in another qualifying final.
Us Richmond supporters need to have more faith... like me:)
7C5BC419-045A-42E3-8DBB-AE82BDF56566.jpeg

I made a thing to score the accuracy of ladder predictions:

https://squiggle.com.au/rate-my-ladder/

For example, taking the very first ladder prediction in this thread, and assuming the ladder doesn't change from here...

View attachment 713461

Which is actually a pretty decent prediction.

Please have a play with it, if you like, and let me know of any bugs! You can do previous years, too.
65.8 : Brisbane (predicted 15th) and Melbourne (predicetd 6th) killed me. Geelong, Sydney and Adelaide a fair way off too.
https://squiggle.com.au/rate-my-ladder/?q=2019nqadekigjpmrlfboch

edit: part way through a round is probably not the ideal time, will revisit after the final round but I'm guessing no major changes from here on.

Even though one round has passed, think I'll take a stab at it

1. Richmond
2. Giants
3. Fremantle
4. West Coast
5. Brisbane
6. Collingwood
7. Hawthorn
8. Geelong
--
9. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Port Adelaide
14. Carlton
15. North Melbourne
16. St Kilda
17. Gold Coast
18. Essendon

I've had a look at it a few times, and I really feel the top 13 could go anywhere.

Guess since we're sharing, this was my attempt after round one

The Lions would need to beat the Cats by 88 points at this stage to overcome their percentage, but there are a few games to go yet and their percentages may well converge more in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back