Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
qPELYOS.png

looks good except Geelong will finish higher than Brisbane.

Geelong and Port aren't overrated - they have soft draws. It's easy to make the eight when you hardly play the teams above you.

Adelaide aren't as good as people think - they made one Grand Final and haven't showed any signs of backing it up.

There's no real signs of Richmond losing at the 'G - they were cooked by the end of the season because of their high-pressure game plan, which is why the struggled over the Bulldogs and Hawks, then finally fell over to the Pies. Changes to the game plan to maximise endurance and to run out the season will see them back up at the top

Agree, Cats have nice draw and thats why I still think they make the 8. Same with the Crows though.

West Coast Rich and Collingwood i think will be the top 3 again - some times the obvious is the obvious

I think Fremantle ( who havent had any decent key forwards for years with the obvious exception of Pavlich) will be the big improver ladder wise

Lobb and Hogan - to get those 2 in the one year - thats the best bit of recruiting Freo have done in their history

If you were a Freo supporter - i think you could look forward to next year with a bit of anticipation

looks good except Geelong will finish higher than Brisbane.

Well looks like roll the dice for that eighth spot and I think Brisbane will win majority of its home games this year and don't rate Geelong's depth. They're taking pick 12 to the draft this year but think they need more as players like Henry are good mid ranged players but nothing coming through in the top end. GWS and Crows will just keep bringing them in with four top 25 picks in this draft will only help them moving forward. Sydney and Port destined for list renovation rather than rebuild. North Melbourne have good mid ranged picks but they won't be ready till 2021 and those picks are very hit and misses other than Polec see their recruits on the underwhelming side. I think Freo will go backwards alittle more defence and midfield is a shambles.

I am going to post 2 ladder prediction options. The first one is as a result of doing the ladder predictor on the AFL site, going through game by game just picking instinctively without looking at the ongoing ladder.

Richmond
Collingwood
Adelaide Crows
Melbourne
Sydney Swans
West Coast Eagles
GWS Giants
Essendon

Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Geelong Cats
Fremantle
St Kilda
North Melbourne
Brisbane Lions
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Gold Coast Suns

This second ladder is where I actually think teams will finish. It isn't too dissimilar.

1. Richmond - The team that finished top of the ladder at the end of the year have added one of the best/most promising key forwards in the comp.
2. Collingwood - The team that only just lost the grand final will have motivation to go one better. They also had a lot of injuries and they will be hoping for a better run.
3. Melbourne - One of the most promising lists have added a very important key back (arguably their weakness in 2018).
4. West Coast - Premiership team who have lost the number 1 ruck from the grand final team (Not of the club but from the team that played in the GF). Not that I think we will slip too much but I can see the teams above improving more than we do.
5. GWS - yes they have lost a lot of established talent but there is still a lot of talent there. The only real weakness I can see is the rucks.
6. Essendon - Have added an elite player again. Daniher coming back too will be huge who is my smokey for All Australian.
7. Adelaide - This is the one that I can possibly get the most wrong. They finished top of the ladder/made the grand final in 2017. How much did the camp affect them negatively and can they bounce back to finals? I think yes but who knows?
8. Hawthorn - I think they will slip but are too professional to slip too far. (see 2 teams below)

9. Geelong - I think their key/best players are getting on in age. Not to the point of them being a liability but not at their best anymore. G Ablett, T Hawkins, L Henderson, J Selwood etc. I don't see the quality coming from underneath but as per above with the hawks too professional to slip too far.
10. Sydney - This is the opposite of Adelaide with the potential to get this really wrong. IMO still way too reliant on Buddy.
11. Port Adelaide - They have lost a few important players. Almost a mini rebuild, which isnt a bad thing imo.
12. Brisbane - Definitely on the up. Could easily make finals but I think their talented key position players are a year off of being consistent enough to make finals.
13. North Melbourne - NM fans may feel a bit hard done by here but I think they are still a bit reliant on too few. Crazy to trade Preuss.
14. Fremantle - Will definitely improve on last year. Probably won the trade period. Overall greatly improved their list while only slightly slipping in the draft order. How big of a loss will Neale be? Short term pain, long term gain. Finals in 2020 for sure imo.
15. St Kilda - List still a bit meh. Will be competitive in most games as they have that sort of player but a lack of x factor.
16. Western Bulldogs - I cant believe how far they have slipped after 2016. Too many holes in the list to be a finals competitor.
17. Carlton - possibly a tad harsh on Carlton here. Still way too many holes in the midfield for mine. Keep the faith Carlton fans. Leap might be a year or two away but when it comes it will be a rapid jump.
18. Gold Coast - Year one of a complete rebuild. Might win the next 2-3 wooden spoons but will have some exciting talent on their list to keep the fans/neutrals interested.

It's every person who has ever read one of your garbage posts.
I dont know about what you said. But post 655 was pretty good, i got 2 likes from that one. Dez1 we can go all day if you want i prefer not too, but you will always be second past the post. Its your brain mate its not big enough.

Geelong and Port aren't overrated - they have soft draws. It's easy to make the eight when you hardly play the teams above you.

Adelaide aren't as good as people think - they made one Grand Final and haven't showed any signs of backing it up.

There's no real signs of Richmond losing at the 'G - they were cooked by the end of the season because of their high-pressure game plan, which is why the struggled over the Bulldogs and Hawks, then finally fell over to the Pies. Changes to the game plan to maximise endurance and to run out the season will see them back up at the top

The thing you haven’t taken into a/c is their respective lists - Geelong are on a downward trajectory whilst Port have lost two of their best players and haven’t replaced with the same.

Adelaide had an horrendous year injury wise and off field issues (camp etc) and yet finished equal with Port and one game behind Geelong. They made the GF after improving from 2014 - semifinals in 2015 and 2016 then GF in 2017 - not a team on the decline.

Likewise their draws:-

Adelaide play Geelong twice (will split 1-1 at a minimum) and Port (will split 1-1 at a minimum), Gold Coast (2-0), St Kilda (2-0) and West Coast twice
Geelong play Adelaide, Hawthorn, Sydney, North Melb and Western Bulldogs twice
Port play Richmond, Adelaide, North Melb, Brisbane and Freo twice. The last twice will be a lot tougher in 2019

I know which of the double ups I would prefer - Adelaide

Each to their own analysis however I believe Geelong with 15-7 and Port 14-8 and Adelaide at 9-13 (absolutely laughable that one given from the draw they will have 6 or possibly 7 from just 4 of their 5 double ups) are questionable.

Richmond play GWS, Port, Adelaide, Fremantle and Gold Coast away from G - the first three they will lose and Fremantle will be better in 2019 so you are anticipating no losses at the G (possible) and Marvel?

I would normally say you are taking the piss.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an increasingly closer competition what occurs to me, looking at various predictions is that ladder position alone (without a sense of 'games won') is virtually meaningless. Seeing a prediction of 13th or 14th alone for NM, for example, feels a bit harsh, but if 7th-14th are all close in W/L I am more understanding. Ladder positions could vary significantly based on a few close wins or loses here and there for all clubs.

1st. Melbourne
2nd. Collingwood
3rd. West Coast
4th. Richmond
5th. Hawthorn
6th. Essendon
7th. GWS
8th. North Melbourne

9th. Sydney
10th. Geelong
11th. Adelaide
12th. Port Adelaide
13th. Brisbane
14th. Fremantle
15th. Western Bulldogs
16th. St Kilda
17th. Carlton
18th. Gold Coast

Melbourne
Richmond
West Coast
Adelaide
GWS
Essendon
Collingwood
North Melbourne

Hawthorn
Geelong
Fremantle
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
Sydney
Port Adelaide
Carlton
St. Kilda
Gold Coast

Holy **** Richmond really did get a soft draw.
Just to let u all know that the fixtures are like a lotto draw anything can happen Carlton and Brisbane and maybe St Kilda and Adelaide could make the finals and anyone can drop out from the top 8 just take it as a normal fixture draw until round 9 of next year

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back