Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ladder is not a true reflection of a football club's season until the fixture is even in terms of everyone playing each other once or twice. Until that happens the league cannot be taken seriously in my opinion.

The ladder is not a true reflection of a football club's season until the fixture is even in terms of everyone playing each other once or twice. Until that happens the league cannot be taken seriously in my opinion.

Also an even amount of teams in each state so every team plays the same number of interstate games. Also all games get played on the one day so there are even breaks between games.

Also an even amount of teams in each state so every team plays the same number of interstate games. Also all games get played on the one day so there are even breaks between games.
I haven't looked into that sort of thing to be honest. It's just the uneven fixture that to me seems unacceptable. I can't believe how it's openly tolerated for a professional sporting league.

I haven't looked into that sort of thing to be honest. It's just the uneven fixture that to me seems unacceptable. I can't believe how it's openly tolerated for a professional sporting league.

Like I said it's going to be uneven when Vic sides travel less than half as much as non-Vic sides. Which isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.

Like I said it's going to be uneven when Vic sides travel less than half as much as non-Vic sides. Which isn't going to be fixed anytime soon.
That would be a tough situation to make equal. Especially since the AFL is technically the VFL and continues to keep records as one league as a whole, the VFL/AFL.

But this topic isn't exactly ladder related.

Richmond
Melbourne
Collingwood
Essendon
Adelaide
West Coast
Greater Western Sydney
Sydney
——————————
Geelong
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
St Kilda
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Carlton
Gold Coast

QEciu99.png

Rfn5DfD.png

Hard to say where teams will finish as still 3 months of training and potential injuries to happen and I will group teams into bands of where they could finish
The numbers don't match up but I just see that as the range of the teams in that band
1-6
Tigers Still think they are the team to beat as the 4 stars of the team, coach and record at the MCG will mean they should be able to finish top 4
Pies Beams is a great addition and the development of the rest of the squad should hopefully mean a top 4 finish but they need some luck with there talls staying on the park
Eagles Tick all the boxes over the field and the experience in the squad and the Optus stadium factor should see them get enough wins
DemonsHopefully they don't drink the bathwater over the summer and Viney, Petracca and Brayshaw are critical to the chances
Giants (Biased and positive but who isn't in this thread) keep the players on the park and anything is possible
5-8
Crows Bounce back into finals although I have doubts over the mental side of their game but with the quality over the park they are certainties for finals
Bombers Squad has depth in the midfield now although they need Daniher on the park and kicking goals
6-12
Cats I see this as the last year they will be in finals contention and they need to b graders and role players to step up this year
Swans I like the youth they have now and hopefully the second year players can come in and play roles to get them into finals and a fit Buddy can still win a game on his own
Hawks they have a finals list just need them on the park which will be the challenge and they have the coach to get them there so down to the players
Power Not sure if the coming season is a development one or where they want to be in the 8, similar to Sydney that they have some good youth entering their 3rd or 4th year but also the experience on the list be in the 8 and maybe the first part of the season we will get an idea
9-15
Roos Good experience and depth in the midfield they just need a fit Mason Wood up forward to support Brown and the recruits to fit in well although I think they will be similar to this year and just find out they are short of making finals
Dogs Nicely building list and some serious talent but the talls they have are either still developing or not star quality
Lions Similar to the dogs but the mids are a year or two behind in development and the talls are building well
12-18
Dockers Loss of Neale is big as Fyfe needs support and the others are not experienced enough and they need to bring in or draft some more midfield depth
Saints They have the role players and B graders they need to get the star factor now and the McCartin question will need to be answered this coming season IMO, I rate Gresham and Billings can be a match winner but just not enough quality on the list
Blues Getting games into the young mids will be the key and building the combinations in defence, If Curnow can kick over 40 goals and McKay plays 15 games to a reasonable standard they should be happy
Suns Getting games into the young players and avoiding too many blowouts, they have some talent on the list they are all just too young but Brodie and Bowes are the 2 who need good seasons to give the supporters some hope

I’ll have a go at this. No confidence at all

1, Tigers
2, Pies
3, Giants
4, Cats
5, Hawks
6, Eagles
7, Melbourne
8, Kangaroos
9, Essendon
10, Brisbane
11, Adelaide
12, Fremantle
13, Essendon
14, Bulldogs
15, Blues
16, St Kilda
17, Port
18, Gold Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Melbourne
2. West Coast
3. GWS Giants
4. Collingwood
5. Richmond
6. Hawthorn
7. Adelaide
8. Essendon

9. Geelong
10. North Melbourne
11. Sydney Swans
12. Port Adelaide
13. Brisbane Lions
14. St Kilda
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Fremantle
17. Gold Coast
18. Carlton

Some points:
- no club will win more than 16 games
- no club will win fewer than 5 games
- I think there is a large cut off from 16th to 17th, and can still see Freo winning 7 or 8 games despite finishing that low

Gand Final

Richmond
Melbourne

West Coast
GWS
Essendon
Adelaide
Collingwood
Geelong
——————————
Hawthorn
Sydney
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Fremantle
Carlton
St Kilda
Gold Coast

1. Collingwood.
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. GWS
7. North Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. Sydney
10. Hawthorn
11. Geelong
12. Brisbane
13. Port Adelaide
14. Fremantle
15. St.Kilda
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

W1 finals
Collingwood d West Coast (Melbourne d Essendon)
Adelaide d Richmond (GWS d North Melbourne)

Semi Finals
GWS d Richmond
West Coast d Melbourne

Preliminary Finals
Adelaide d West Coast
Collingwood d GWS

Grand Final
Collingwood d Adelaide

Hard to say where teams will finish as still 3 months of training and potential injuries to happen and I will group teams into bands of where they could finish
The numbers don't match up but I just see that as the range of the teams in that band

12-18
Dockers Loss of Neale is big as Fyfe needs support and the others are not experienced enough and they need to bring in or draft some more midfield depth
Saints They have the role players and B graders they need to get the star factor now and the McCartin question will need to be answered this coming season IMO, I rate Gresham and Billings can be a match winner but just not enough quality on the list
Think the question has already been answered. If we were sure Paddy was going to make it we wouldn't of taken King i dont think. But we did take King and have already put him into the number 12, Paddys' influence on the team will be minimal and irrelevant from here on in. What an absolute balls up of a pick 1.

Think the question has already been answered. If we were sure Paddy was going to make it we wouldn't of taken King i dont think. But we did take King and have already put him into the number 12, Paddys' influence on the team will be minimal and irrelevant from here on in. What an absolute balls up of a pick 1.
Hold on. Lets see how he goes with King in the side. If King becomes a dominant player McCartin just needs to become a role player. If Saints could get him lean and moving around the ground better he can become valuable to the overall team. But yeah, not worthy of a number 1 pick. Having said that neither is Petracca though.

Hold on. Lets see how he goes with King in the side. If King becomes a dominant player McCartin just needs to become a role player. If Saints could get him lean and moving around the ground better he can become valuable to the overall team. But yeah, not worthy of a number 1 pick. Having said that neither is Petracca though.
Can't see him fitting in the side to be honest. Think next year we'll run with Bruce and Membrey as our talls with Marshall the 3rd tall/back up ruck. Battle looks good but apparently has been training with the defence in the Sicily role. Then moving forward I'd say it'll be King, Membrey and Battle if he goes forward or Bruce with Marshall as our number 1 ruck.
Yeh it was a stinker of a draft, De Goey the obvious hindsight Pick 1, Brayshaw is looking good now too. Outside of that we'd be disappointed with anyone as the 1st pick.

1. Collingwood.
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. GWS
7. North Melbourne
8. Essendon
9. Sydney
10. Hawthorn
11. Geelong
12. Brisbane
13. Port Adelaide
14. Fremantle
15. St.Kilda
16. Western Bulldogs
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

W1 finals
Collingwood d West Coast (Melbourne d Essendon)
Adelaide d Richmond (GWS d North Melbourne)

Semi Finals
GWS d Richmond
West Coast d Melbourne

Preliminary Finals
Adelaide d West Coast
Collingwood d GWS

Grand Final
Collingwood d Adelaide

:) The Pies mids will have to be on their toes to beat us in a final next year. They flogged us around the contest this year and we won the other areas of the game. Except the Buntine-De Goey matchup, and that was partly great service from their mids.

Bunts was doing remedial work in the lead up to christmas trying to get his speed off the mark back post ACL.

I think our mids can do better.

Yet.

It's far too early to categorise Petracca's career.
Not really. Petracca has shown no signs of being worthy of a number 1 Pick. 4 years of AFL is enough time to start evaluating.

DeGoey, Brayshaw, Lever, Heeney (only available to Sydney), Andrews and even Miller have all shown more.
Would go around pick 5 or 6 if draft was redone.

Not really. Petracca has shown no signs of being worthy of a number 1 Pick. 4 years of AFL is enough time to start evaluating.

DeGoey, Brayshaw, Lever, Heeney (only available to Sydney), Andrews and even Miller have all shown more.
Would go around pick 5 or 6 if draft was redone.
I agree on where he'd go now, but disagree that one can confidently predict his output for the rest of his career.

He's shown me enough flashes of brilliance and raw power to think it's far from a stretch to say he's got more levels. And when he does get the footy he invariably makes things happen, as evidenced by his 7th ranking in goal assists. He'll turn it over on occasions like everyone, but there's few I prefer to see with ball in hand.

I see a much higher ceiling with this guy, but acknowledge progress has been slower than anticipated.

Agree to differ.

1 Melbourne
2 Richmond
3 WCE
4 Collingwood
5 Hawthorn
6 Essendon
7 GWS
8 North Melbourne
9 Geelong
10 St Kilda
11 Sydney
12 Adelaide
13 Port Adelaide
14 Brisbane
15 Western Bulldogs
16 Fremantle
17 Carlton
18 Gold Coast

Here’s what I came up with using the ladder predictor. Tried not to pay attention to how the ladder was shaping.

Attachments

• 97E8B4F0-6633-4B36-BC52-B254FEAD1490.png
    97E8B4F0-6633-4B36-BC52-B254FEAD1490.png
    363.2 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back