Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North’s midfield is superior, especially with the new additions in the offseason

I am my own club's biggest critic... but this statement is laughable.

Now back to the fixture topic... North missed the finals this year despite having what proved to be the easiest fixture in the competition. 1 game against seven top 8 sides (Richmond home, West Coast home, Collingwood, Hawthorn home, Melbourne, GWS home, Geelong) ... they did play Sydney twice though. 2 games against 4 of the bottom 6 sides (Gold Coast twice, St Kilda twice, Brisbane twice, Western Bulldogs twice) too.

A dream. 12 wins or more in 2019 with the addition of the likes of Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson? Yeah nah.

Now back to the fixture topic... North missed the finals this year despite having what proved to be the easiest fixture in the competition. 1 game against seven top 8 sides (Richmond home, West Coast home, Collingwood, Hawthorn home, Melbourne, GWS home, Geelong) ... they did play Sydney twice though. 2 games against 4 of the bottom 6 sides (Gold Coast twice, St Kilda twice, Brisbane twice, Western Bulldogs twice) too.

A dream. 12 wins or more in 2019 with the addition of the likes of Aaron Hall and Dom Tyson? Yeah nah.

I’ll stand by my comments.
North’s midfield is superior to Essendon’s, has more class and depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did smash the premiers, easily account for the hawks, just lose to the tigers, beat gws and also Sydney in Sydney. Geelong we were in it in the last qrt playing them down there which is something the bombers don’t have to worry about.

Polec and Hall (at his best) fill a specific need. Tyson will likely be handy depth across a long season. We will continue to rely on key players as all teams do and we will struggle to cover their loss if it occurs. Still there are plenty of youngsters that could step up

Ahern
LDU
Simpkin
Walker
McKay
Larkey
Thomas
Scott

There’s also plenty of upside from McDonald who was s**t last year and garner who missed the whole year. Hell, a fit Jacobs for all of 2018 would have seen us make finals.

We did smash the premiers, easily account for the hawks, just lose to the tigers, beat gws and also Sydney in Sydney. Geelong we were in it in the last qrt playing them down there which is something the bombers don’t have to worry about.

Polec and Hall (at his best) fill a specific need. Tyson will likely be handy depth across a long season. We will continue to rely on key players as all teams do and we will struggle to cover their loss if it occurs. Still there are plenty of youngsters that could step up

Ahern
LDU
Simpkin
Walker
McKay
Larkey
Thomas
Scott

There’s also plenty of upside from McDonald who was s**t last year and garner who missed the whole year. Hell, a fit Jacobs for all of 2018 would have seen us make finals.
Who?, Who? And you guessed it, Who? Are you sure he didn’t say North have the most unfamiliar midfield in the comp?

Ahern
LDU
Simpkin
Walker
McKay
Larkey
Thomas
Scott

The interesting thing about this argument is North and the Bombers played the game of the H/A season in my view. Both midfields were outstanding and it was a great contest.

How anybody has GWS missing finals is beyond me , They will be top 4 easily
Many probably said the same about Adelaide last year, and look what happened. Not a single team is guaranteed a spot in the 8 since there are so many other factors that can influence this.
What happens if both Kelly and Cogs do ACLs? Greene continues with his injury troubles and being a dickhead when he plays? Cameron gets another long term suspension?

1. West Coast
2. Richmond
3. Collingwood
4. Melbourne
5. Essendon
6. Hawthorn
7. North Melb
8. Geelong

9. GWS
10. Port Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. Sydney
13. Fremantle
14. Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. St Kilda
17. Bulldogs
18. Carlton
What's your reasons for having Sydney drop so much, Adelaide finish so poorly despite having a soft draw this year, and Dogs dropping to 17th? All three of those seem like odd decisions, would be curious to hear what makes you rate those teams at those spots

Many probably said the same about Adelaide last year, and look what happened. Not a single team is guaranteed a spot in the 8 since there are so many other factors that can influence this.
What happens if both Kelly and Cogs do ACLs? Greene continues with his injury troubles and being a dickhead when he plays? Cameron gets another long term suspension?
What you mention can happen to any team and injuries to so many stars would kick every team in the guts but you just cannot ignore the talent thats on the GWS list,They have more depth than any other team and now their best 22 are in their prime and are hungry.

Melbourne,GWS,Eagles,Richmond,Bombers,Crows are my top 6 so i cannot imagine having them missing out on the 8

What you mention can happen to any team and injuries to so many stars would kick every team in the guts but you just cannot ignore the talent thats on the GWS list,They have more depth than any other team and now their best 22 are in their prime and are hungry.

Melbourne,GWS,Eagles,Richmond,Bombers,Crows are my top 6 so i cannot imagine having them missing out on the 8
Eagles, Richmond and Melbourne are all relatively safe bets for top 8, but the other 3 teams finished 7th, 11th and 12th. I think it's not out of the question to suggest that any (or possibly even all) of those three might miss the top 8. GWS may have a lot of depth, but that depth is getting thinner every year (just lost Shiel, one of their best and most durable players) and a handful of key players getting injured can spell huge trouble, just as it would for any other side. Not many would have predicted a West Coast vs Collingwood grand final this time last year, and I'm sure many would not have seen Richmond winning the 2017 flag back in January 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1- ADEL
2 - GWS
3 - MELB
4 - RICH
5 - WCE
6 - COLL
7- FRE
8- ESS
9- GEEL
10 - SYD
11- HAW
12 - STK
13 - NMFC
14 - WB
15 - PORT
16 - BL
17 - CARL
18 - GCFC

Based on a presumption that all sides have their best available list -apart from the currently known long term injuries:

1. West Coast. Gaff and Sheppard to add to the side -Nic Nat eventually (hopefully). Lycett is a loss -doubt Hickey is a like for like replacement.
2. Collingwood. Moore and Dunn to take up the key back positions. Elliot another wildcard forward. Beams adds to midfield. Better than last year.
3. Melbourne. Weakness last year was key defenders. May is a huge gain -added to if Lever gets back early in season. Can Weideman continue to improve and fill the gap left by Hogan?
4. Adelaide. A more settled pre-season and key players back from injury. Too much talent to stay outside the 8.
5. Richmond. Lynch is a plus -be interesting to see how he adapts to Tigers game style. 2nd ruck still a worry, more so now with new ruck rule. Mids are good, but rely heavily on Dusty.
6. GWS. Hopefully Patton and Cameron can stay on the park all season. Have enough depth to cover loss of Shiel and Scully.
7. Hawthorn. A fit Wingard with a point to prove will fire up the Hawks. Fingers crossed that Scully will regain his running ability.
8. Fremantle. Predict they will be the big improvers. Hogan and Lobb will vastly improve forwardline. Brayshaw, Cerra and Langdon to step up in Neale's absence.

9. North Melbourne. Have added some depth to their list, should gain a few more wins.
10. Geelong. Kardinia Park to again be a fortress, but think their off-season losses outweigh their gains.
11. Essendon. Not convinced they will improve as much as pundits predict. Shiel is a good player, but not the 'in and under' type the Bombers really needed. Daniher will determine how high they climb.
12. Brisbane. Young guns to continue to improve, but not enough to make the 8 in '19. Neale balances loss of Beams.
13. St Kilda. Hanneberry to give them needed leadership. Can their key forwards and backs stand up?
14. Sydney. Another side where loses outweigh gains in post season. Think they will finally end their run of finals appearances.
15. Carlton. Have recruited well. Young talented players to show gradual improvement.
16. Port Adelaide. Have lost a number of running on-ballers, plus Wingard. Will Mayes re-find his form now he's home in S.A.?
17. Western Bulldogs. Dalhaus, Roughead, Adams all leaving -doesn't seem to be a happy place. Can't see them climbing too far.
18. Gold Coast. Starting all over again. Too young to escape the 'spoon -but eyes on their top draft picks for early signs of talent.

Cos the team culture is in a good place. I get you dont like it when Toby dominates your team, you do have to suck it up though.

Cos the team culture is in a good place. I get you dont like it when Toby dominates your team, you do have to suck it up though.
Haha dude tone it down, it's pretty childish to have such absolute hatred for the Dogs, it's just a game. Not everyone has to act like a complete child when it comes to fabricated rivalries. Maybe just go back and rewatch 2016 prelim if you want to talk about games that actually matter :)

1. West Coast
2. Richmond
3. Adelaide
4. Melbourne
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. Nth Melb
8. Hawthorn
9. Sydney
10. Gws
11. Geelong
12. Port
13. WB
14. Brisbane
15. Fremantle
16. St Kilda
17. GC
18. Carlton

Grand Final Adelaide v Richmond
Premiers Adelaide

Last edited:
Haha dude tone it down, it's pretty childish to have such absolute hatred for the Dogs, it's just a game. Not everyone has to act like a complete child when it comes to fabricated rivalries. Maybe just go back and rewatch 2016 prelim if you want to talk about games that actually matter :)

Typical School holidays pop up.

1. RICHMOND
2. MELBOURNE
3. GWS
4. WEST COAST
5. COLLINGWOOD
6. GEELONG
7. ESSENDON
8. ADELAIDE
9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Brisbane
13. St Kilda
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Sydney
16. Fremantle
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

1. RICHMOND
2. MELBOURNE
3. GWS
4. WEST COAST
5. COLLINGWOOD
6. GEELONG
7. ESSENDON
8. ADELAIDE
9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. North Melbourne
12. Brisbane
13. St Kilda
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Sydney
16. Fremantle
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast
:cool: Is that official?

Not bad but we're hoping for a home QF. :p Unless the Swans finish second, in which case we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back