Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh rarely anyone is close. I hope Pies are a force. We could easily finish 8th though.

Carlton in a world of pain if Cripps goes down.

1. Collingwood
2. Richmond
3. Essendon
4. Melbourne
5. West Coast
6. Adelaide
7. GWS
8. North Melbourne
------------------------------
9. Hawks
10. Geelong
11. Brisbane
12. Port
13. Bulldogs
14. Freo
15. Sydney
16. Saints
17. Gold Coast
18. Carlton

Pies
Tigers
Dees
WCE

Hawks
Cats
GWS
Bombers/Lions

Hawks, Cats, Giants I wasn't sure of initially. Hawks due to losing ball magnet and Brownlow medallist Mitchell, but with the inclusions of Scully and Wingard they're still a very dangerous outfit.

Cats I thought we could miss the 8. But with a team fielding Danger and Selwood, and a half fit Ablett, still should have enough to play finals especially with our strong home ground factor.

Giants due to departures as well but they still have midfield depth to see them make the 8, and maybe contend. Coniglio is set for a big season imo and already a gun, he'll elevate his game to higher levels this year.

Strange that only one team comes out and one in at this stage for me. It's different to what I had when I made the thread and will be different again come March or so. Had the Dons as the 8th side { 5-8 are in no order btw } But I had Lions in when I first did that so not sure I'll leave them out. The Bombers did finish last season very well and played good footy after such a horrid start after beginning 2-2 four rounds in. But I'm not convinced just yet. Ditto Adelaide. A lot of love for the Crows. I'm going to study them further before I see some concrete evidence which suggests they'll propel back up the AFL ranks.

West Coast, interesting. Thought they could slide and especially due to lack of hunger. The thing is they're so good at home, have been playing finals footy since 2015 with strong home and away seasons{ good years in 2011&12 too } and even when they missed the 8 in between, finished 9th. Narrow losses too and missed out narrowly altogether. That home ground advantage is huge for them and their players are pure class. No NN, No Gaff, No Sheppard, no problems. Scary to think what would have been had Tim Kelly gone back West { Thank * }

Meh rarely anyone is close. I hope Pies are a force. We could easily finish 8th though.

1. Collingwood
2. Richmond
3. Essendon
4. Melbourne
5. West Coast
6. Adelaide
7. GWS
8. North Melbourne
------------------------------
9. Hawks
10. Geelong
11. Brisbane
12. Port
13. Bulldogs
14. Freo
15. Sydney
16. Saints
17. Gold Coast
18. Carlton
That ladder is about as grim as it gets top to bottom for a Carlton supporter.

1. Richmond
2. Melbourne
3. Adelaide
4. GWS
5. West Coast
6. Essendon
7. Western Bulldogs
8. Collingwood

9. Fremantle
10. Sydney
11. Geelong
12. Hawthorn
13. North Melbourne
14. Port Adelaide
15. Brisbane
16. Carlton
17. St Kilda
18. Gold Coast

Will be interesting to see how far off I am come the end of the season. As always, likely a long way.

Lol. Come back in September. The wins and losses might be. a win or two out but the top 8 I listed will the 8 but maybe not in that order

I don't know man, can't see Sydney, Geelong or GWS making it this year (maybe just the first of the two). Especially since the Swans got beat by the Suns. Can see Melbourne on the top though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of points :-

2 or 3 of the 2018 top 8, won’t make it in 2019
One of the top four will be replaced by a side sitting 12th or below
Losing grand finalist does not make the GF the following year

History suggests these things occur
It wasn't that long ago the conventional wisdom was teams on the rise had to lose a grand final to win one That it taught the desperation to avoid the pain of losing.. Odd how that's reversed in recent times.

Very recently we're seeing teams bob up for a season or two more and more. The even competition I think.

I'm not even gonna touch the fact you have pies 7th, lol But Suns 0 wins? LOL Yes we know they are in the rebuild stage, they have never not won a game in a season, I highly doubt they're gonna start now.

Sure but I have just gone on footy tips and I have never got 9/9 every week so there will be a lot of changes

Just did a * around ladder predictor

Melbourne
Collingwood
West Coast
Richmond
Geelong
Essendon
Freo
Sydney

Crows
Hawks
GWS
North
Port

Had Cats as 4th actually, but I don't think we will and the Tigers look good things obviously for at least a top 4. I'll sway percentage in Richmond's favour. Crows and Hawks miss out by a game each with the Giants and North a further game below them. Port a game behind North.

Dees vs Tigers - Dees
Pies vs WCE - Pies
Cats vs Swans - Cats
Bombers vs Freo - Bombers

Tigers vs Cats - Tigers
Eagles vs Bombers - Bombers

Melbourne vs Essendon - Melbourne
Pies vs Tigers - Pies

Grand Final

Melbourne vs Collingwood

De Goey. De Goey. Deeeee Gooooooeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norm Smith - Jordan De Goey

West Coast has gone out in the 2nd week of the finals every time after winning the flag . Lost to the dons in week 2 of the 93 finals and week 1 in 95. Bundled out by the Bombers in 1990, 1996 and 2002 although they weren't defending champs that year. Maybe this will happen again. Even if I put WCE advancing they would have lost the prelim to Melbourne imo. Maybe that's what will happen. Revenge for the Dees a year later after getting demolished at Optus.

Come to think of it should put eagles in there as the prelims are the same, the qualifiers are almost the same only Pies beat WCE this time. Then the dees beat WCE, and Pies win it.

Bizzarro world.

Last edited:

You are in for a surprise.

We have at least 3, arguably 4, around the midfield alone who are as good as he was at their respective ages - in terms of both talent and attitude.

Of course Cripps would be a massive loss, and would have a direct impact on results. But in 2018 it was a constant flow of injuries all around the field that did the damage. An immature list can not deal with that disruption.

You are in for a surprise.

We have at least 3, arguably 4, around the midfield alone who are as good as he was at their respective ages - in terms of both talent and attitude.

Of course Cripps would be a massive loss, and would have a direct impact on results. But in 2018 it was a constant flow of injuries all around the field that did the damage. An immature list can not deal with that disruption.
Who are they sorry?

1. Richmond - Lynch the big acquisition, all about keeping the best side on the park again.
2. Collingwood - Beams strengthens their midfield even more and can kick goals as well, fit Elliott will be huge.
3. Melbourne - Strengthened already a strong back half, biggest question is who picks up Hogan's slack.
4. West Coast - A lot depends on when we get Naitanui back, really interested to see how Hickey integrates in.

5. Essendon - Addition of Shiel and a fit Daniher enough to get them a home final at least.
6. GWS - Think they've recovered OK in the midfield from the losses of Shiel and Scully. Interesting to see how Mummy returns.
7. Geelong - Always about the mark. They'll beat up teams at GMHBA
8. Sydney - Can't ever write them off. In that mix of last 2 finals teams with Geelong, Adelaide, Port, Hawthorn and North.

9. Adelaide - If they keep there best side on the park than they should play finals.
10. Port - Interesting to see how much they miss Wingard most of all.
11. Hawthorn - Mitchell out is enough said. Hopefully see a bit more of Lewis in 2019.
12. North - Hard to predict. Again one of those teams that slot between 6 and 12, who replaces Waite?
13. Brisbane - They'll improve I'm sure. Exciting team to watch and not far off from finals
14. Fremantle - Hogan the interesting one and if he can play enough games and get enouh delivery inside 50. 14th best midfield in 2018 and that was with Neale.

15. Bulldogs - Liberatore no doubt improves what was already a top 8 midfield in 2018. I've got queries on their back and fwd lines.
16. Carlton - Met there list needs more better than what the Saints did that's why I've placed them ahead.
17. St. Kilda - Hanebery is a handy inclusion to the best 22 but his a 20 SOMETHINGyear old with the body of a 40 year old from bash and crash style of footy.
18. Gold Coast - Nothing much to add here. Hopefully 2019 is a season of games into King, Lukosius and Rankine.

1. Richmond - Lynch the big acquisition, all about keeping the best side on the park again.
2. Collingwood - Beams strengthens their midfield even more and can kick goals as well, fit Elliott will be huge.
3. Melbourne - Strengthened already a strong back half, biggest question is who picks up Hogan's slack.
4. West Coast - A lot depends on when we get Naitanui back, really interested to see how Hickey integrates in.

5. Essendon - Addition of Shiel and a fit Daniher enough to get them a home final at least.
6. GWS - Think they've recovered OK in the midfield from the losses of Shiel and Scully. Interesting to see how Mummy returns.
7. Geelong - Always about the mark. They'll beat up teams at GMHBA
8. Sydney - Can't ever write them off. In that mix of last 2 finals teams with Geelong, Adelaide, Port, Hawthorn and North.

9. Adelaide - If they keep there best side on the park than they should play finals.
10. Port - Interesting to see how much they miss Wingard most of all.
11. Hawthorn - Mitchell out is enough said. Hopefully see a bit more of Lewis in 2019.
12. North - Hard to predict. Again one of those teams that slot between 6 and 12, who replaces Waite?
13. Brisbane - They'll improve I'm sure. Exciting team to watch and not far off from finals
14. Fremantle - Hogan the interesting one and if he can play enough games and get enouh delivery inside 50. 14th best midfield in 2018 and that was with Neale.

15. Bulldogs - Liberatore no doubt improves what was already a top 8 midfield in 2018. I've got queries on their back and fwd lines.
16. Carlton - Met there list needs more better than what the Saints did that's why I've placed them ahead.
17. St. Kilda - Hanebery is a handy inclusion to the best 22 but his a 20 SOMETHINGyear old with the body of a 40 year old from bash and crash style of footy.
18. Gold Coast - Nothing much to add here. Hopefully 2019 is a season of games into King, Lukosius and Rankine.
Our defence was also ranked top 8. Just added Taylor Duryea for some extra experience, and will hopefully have Wood back fit and healthy. Honestly, the main thing holding us back right now is our dismal forward line, but I still feel like bottom 4 is unlikely, unless you think Brisbane and Fremantle are going to see substantial improvements while we stagnate or go backwards

Our defence was also ranked top 8. Just added Taylor Duryea for some extra experience, and will hopefully have Wood back fit and healthy. Honestly, the main thing holding us back right now is our dismal forward line, but I still feel like bottom 4 is unlikely, unless you think Brisbane and Fremantle are going to see substantial improvements while we stagnate or go backwards

I've got there defence ranked 13th last year VD this is according to Champion Data but. DEFENCE 13th, FWD half 17th, MID 8th.

I know Trengove is their also which is very important but I think a lot falls onto Naughton in terms of the tall defence. Losing Adams and Collins although both were outside best 22 are losses to the depth chart.

Can't see much changing in the midfield but I think they're a bit weak in the defensive and attacking half.

Brisbane is a gradual improvement and probably improve where the Bulldogs have slid. Fremantle steady pending how much Hogan plays and how an already ranked poor midfield copes without Neale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back