Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
1. WC
2. Rich
3. Adel
4. Melb
5. Coll
6. Gws
7. Ess
8. Geel

9. Syd
10. Haw
11. Bris
12. Port
13. North
14. Wb
15. Freo
16. Stk
17. Carl
18. GC

WC with a healthier list and a more settled midfield with Yeo and Sheed establishing themselves have no reason not to finish top 2 again. A healthy JK and JD will go a long way as well, 13 and zip last year when both of those guys played, hopefully they can get JK right for round 1 and he stays fit. Naitanui due back earlier than expected as well, alongside Ryan and Rioli finding their feet should ensure another strong season. Richmond should be thereabouts as well assuming another good year on the injury front, particularly with the addition of Lynch. Adelaide with a healthier list, particularly the return of Smith and B Crouch should contend again, not to mention an easier fixture compared with the other top sides. Melbourne with another year of natural development alongside adding May to the backline and Lever later in the year will expect to be top 4 as well. All of these sides have strong key position players which I think the new 6 6 6 rule, hands in the back rule and ruck rule will advantage heavily, making them even stronger. Having elite KPP will be a bigger advantage than ever. Kick in rule also advantages WC heavily with Hurn and Jetta being our mains in that department, both with accurate long kicks.

Collingwood should win roughly the same amount of games as last year and have the deepest midfield in the comp which will win them a lot of games, but I don't think they have the same talent in the key position department that the other teams have and won't benefit as much from the new rules, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were top 4 anyway. Despite losing players GWS are still stocked with talent, and a midfield of Coniglio, Kelly, Ward, Taranto, Hopper, with Whitfield and Greene contributing is as good as any. If they can get a better year with injury than the last couple there's no reason they can't be top 4 as well. Essendon really should've played finals last year and if they reach anywhere near their potential this year they will. I feel like their midfield lacks the hardness of some of the other elite midfields but overall their team is good enough to upset anyone on a good day. Geelong are interesting as they'll have a vastly different forward setup this year compared to last with Ablett playing a lot more forward and the additions of Dahlhaus and Rohan. Need to find a better balance in the midfield, despite the big names in their last year they couldn't quite find the right mix.

I feel like this is the year Sydney falters and misses finals, a lot of similarly placed teams to them this year who seem to have more ways to improve than they do. Buddy has had an injury interrupted pre season and I wouldn't be surprised if he misses games throughout the year. Hawthorn will be relying on too many things to go right for them I think. I feel like they overachieved last year, Mitchell is out all year, who knows when Scully will play, can O'meara carry the midfield and stay fit?

Richmond
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
GWS
Collingwood
Port Adelaide
Geelong

Essendon
Hawthorn
Sydney
Brisbane Lions
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
St Kilda
Carlton
Gold Coast

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
1. WC
2. Rich
3. Adel
4. Melb
5. Coll
6. Gws
7. Ess
8. Geel

9. Syd
10. Haw
11. Bris
12. Port
13. North
14. Wb
15. Freo
16. Stk
17. Carl
18. GC

WC with a healthier list and a more settled midfield with Yeo and Sheed establishing themselves have no reason not to finish top 2 again. A healthy JK and JD will go a long way as well, 13 and zip last year when both of those guys played, hopefully they can get JK right for round 1 and he stays fit. Naitanui due back earlier than expected as well, alongside Ryan and Rioli finding their feet should ensure another strong season. Richmond should be thereabouts as well assuming another good year on the injury front, particularly with the addition of Lynch. Adelaide with a healthier list, particularly the return of Smith and B Crouch should contend again, not to mention an easier fixture compared with the other top sides. Melbourne with another year of natural development alongside adding May to the backline and Lever later in the year will expect to be top 4 as well. All of these sides have strong key position players which I think the new 6 6 6 rule, hands in the back rule and ruck rule will advantage heavily, making them even stronger. Having elite KPP will be a bigger advantage than ever. Kick in rule also advantages WC heavily with Hurn and Jetta being our mains in that department, both with accurate long kicks.

Collingwood should win roughly the same amount of games as last year and have the deepest midfield in the comp which will win them a lot of games, but I don't think they have the same talent in the key position department that the other teams have and won't benefit as much from the new rules, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were top 4 anyway. Despite losing players GWS are still stocked with talent, and a midfield of Coniglio, Kelly, Ward, Taranto, Hopper, with Whitfield and Greene contributing is as good as any. If they can get a better year with injury than the last couple there's no reason they can't be top 4 as well. Essendon really should've played finals last year and if they reach anywhere near their potential this year they will. I feel like their midfield lacks the hardness of some of the other elite midfields but overall their team is good enough to upset anyone on a good day. Geelong are interesting as they'll have a vastly different forward setup this year compared to last with Ablett playing a lot more forward and the additions of Dahlhaus and Rohan. Need to find a better balance in the midfield, despite the big names in their last year they couldn't quite find the right mix.

I feel like this is the year Sydney falters and misses finals, a lot of similarly placed teams to them this year who seem to have more ways to improve than they do. Buddy has had an injury interrupted pre season and I wouldn't be surprised if he misses games throughout the year. Hawthorn will be relying on too many things to go right for them I think. I feel like they overachieved last year, Mitchell is out all year, who knows when Scully will play, can O'meara carry the midfield and stay fit?
Typical Bastardization post. Very un-west coast of you not to put Freo in 18th.

Chumly

Senior List
May 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Freo

2016: 16th
2017: 14th
2018: 14th

So a prediction of 15th is about right. It's a trend and there is nothing in that post that is dishonest about Freo's prospects.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Head of the Pack - WCE, Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne
Could be on Par - Adelaide, GWS
Behind the Pack - Geelong, Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn
The Question ?? - Port, Lions, Roos, Fremantle
Serious Doubt - Bulldogs, Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast

Behind the Pack could produce anything. The Great unknown. They could also be with the '' on par '' teams, or at least a couple of them can. That's where they probably sit at this point in time. But they could also be '' Head of the Pack ''

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
1. Melbourne
2. Collingwood
3. Richmond
4. Adelaide
5. West Coast
6. Essendon
7. GWS
8. Geelong
9. Port Adelaide
10. Brisbane
11. North Melbourne
12. Hawthorn
13. Sydney
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Fremantle
16. St Kilda
17. Carlton
18. Gold Coast

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
On West Coast, imagine if they lost McGovern. That's one player they can not cover if he went down injured ( where have we heard that before )

Of course you can say that about many sides. Martin for Richmond, Danger for Geelong. McGovern is massive though and what would have happened had he not been in the GF. All if's and but's, what if the trio that missed were there etc. I'd hate for another player of such calibre to go down though.

Teams seasons and the Premiership race can be shaped by an injury or two ( obviously ) Reigning Brownlow Medal winner Mitchell out has caused the odds to increase dramatically just for the Hawks to participate in September action.

If West Coast did lose McGovern to injury, it would be interesting to see where people's perceptions of them lie in premiership aspirations.

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wish the ladder predictor was available on the afl website already lol.

My top 8

1. Crows
2. West coast
3. Sydney
4.GWS
5.Geelong
6.Richmond
7.hawthorn
8.North Melbourne.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Pies ^ Beams/Elliott/Moore give Pies the edge ^
Eagles - solid team of contributors -
Dees ^ Starting to realize potential ^
Tiges v losing hunger v
Bombers ^ Daniher injury free + inclusion of Shiel ^
Crows ^ Sloane/Brouch overcome injury to establish form ^
Cats - Starting to find unity -
Freo ^ injection of talls and balance of contributors ^
Legitimate question
Why would we lose hunger?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
On Governer, WCE would still have the best chance as any losing a player of his calibre. If the Tigers lost Martin, they'd have less chance than the Eagles for example imo.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Big questionmarks on the Dogs going into the season if the JLT is anything to go by.

Picked what looked like best available teams for both games and lost to two bottom 3 teams from last year.

Forwardline reminiscent of Carlton's of a couple of years ago, after they'd gotten rid of Betts, Waite, Henderson, Garlett and co.

Last edited:

Man0gwaR74

All Australian
Oct 6, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Legitimate question
Why would we lose hunger?
Dusty is the Dane Swann of the Tiges for a culture cancer and your team has won it recently and has become complacent whilst the other teams are starting to reach their full potential and it is a tougher comp now than when yas won it in 2017! I also think that Tom Lynch is gonna add to your team's false sense of security and you guys just aren't gonna have the depth and grunt in the engine room to get over the line imo! Tom Lynch putting the cap squeeze on your premiership players is also gonna have a negative effect for hunger imo!

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Dusty is the Dane Swann of the Tiges for a culture cancer and your team has won it recently and has become complacent whilst the other teams are starting to reach their full potential and it is a tougher comp now than when yas won it in 2017! I also think that Tom Lynch is gonna add to your team's false sense of security and you guys just aren't gonna have the depth and grunt in the engine room to get over the line imo! Tom Lynch putting the cap squeeze on your premiership players is also gonna have a negative effect for hunger imo!
Your a closet Tiger fan. I can tell.

Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
No AFL team
Head of the Pack - WCE, Collingwood, Richmond, Melbourne
Could be on Par - Adelaide, GWS
Behind the Pack - Geelong, Sydney, Essendon, Hawthorn
The Question ?? - Port, Lions, Roos, Fremantle
Serious Doubt - Bulldogs, Carlton, Saints, Gold Coast

Behind the Pack could produce anything. The Great unknown. They could also be with the '' on par '' teams, or at least a couple of them can. That's where they probably sit at this point in time. But they could also be '' Head of the Pack ''
How are Collingwood "Head of the pack". Credit for doing what they did to Richmond, but other than that, they did nothing against top 8 teams all year. Soft draw. They went 1-8 vs top 8 teams in the H&A last year, 3-11 for the year. If they repeat that this year based on my top 8 predictions, they end up 12-10 in the H&A. Overrated.

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2009
Torquay
AFL Club
Melbourne
How are Collingwood "Head of the pack". Credit for doing what they did to Richmond, but other than that, they did nothing against top 8 teams all year. Soft draw. They went 1-8 vs top 8 teams in the H&A last year, 3-11 for the year. If they repeat that this year based on my top 8 predictions, they end up 12-10 in the H&A. Overrated.
They did the same thing to us on Queens Birthday.

If they get on a run they’re almost impossible to stop. They’re a good side.

Jun 9, 2007
Awareness
AFL Club
Essendon
2nrlkif.png

West Coasters

Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
My Post JLT Ladder

1. Collingwood. Its almost seems cliche to predict the Grand Final loser to win the premiership the next year, however, I truly think they will. Was only a kick away from winning it all after a horrid run win injuries throughout the year. Yes all teams get injuries etc but theirs was as bad as any team last year and to important players too. Have also added Beams who is at worst a consistent positive contributer and and best a star.

2. Richmond. Was the best team in the home and away and have added Lynch without losing any best 22 players (yes I know they have lost depth). Will be there and there abouts. IMO will be devastated/hungry after what happened last year in the prelim.

3. WCE. As a WCE fan I always struggle to place us. I hope we finish top 4 but in reality no idea.

4. Adelaide. A sleeping giant. Was the best team in the home and away and was the favorite going into the GF in 2017 and still has a lot of that team still together. Never really got going last year after the weird pre season/early and consistent injuries to important players. With luck will have a better run with injury and will be back near the top.

5. Melbourne. Melbourne fans will feel hard done by with this and fair enough but I just think the above 4 teams will be better. Natural progression suggests they will improve but in reality still unproven in big finals. Wouldn't shock me if they won it all.

6. Essendon. The universal tips for the big improvers and I can see why on paper. Sheil is a star and Daniher (if over his injury) has the most potential out of any key forward in the comp. i think they will definitely improve but not to the point of truly challenging for the premiership. My tip to win a final but will be knocked out by one of the top 4.

7. GWS. Still too much star power on paper to miss finals. Have lost depth that will hurt but still has some talented youngsters coming through. Will go down a tiny bit in 2019, almost a mini rebuild, and will jump back up and be challengers in 2020.

Before i go on, i think there will be quite a big gap in class between the above and the rest.

8. Sydney. Still too reliant on Buddy. Blakey will be a star but would be a lot to expect from a first year key forward. Will be a difficult opponent for most but wont win enough games to make a true impact.

9. Hawthorn. They have to slip eventually....right? I have been saying this for three years but ill non confidently predict it will be this year.

10. Geelong. See above

11. Brisbane. Talented list, still probably a year away from challenging for finals. When they do though, it may be a rapid jump to the top 4 for example.

12. Port. IMO are in a weird place. Topped up a couple of years ago but didn't make an impact and then tried to do a rebuild but didn't full commit so will be mid table obscurity for a while. Will beat up on the teams below but will be beaten up by the teams above.

13. North. North fans will be annoyed that i put them here but I still don't rate their list. Very reliant on Ben Brown forward and he is great at what he does but not much else there. Sorry and if they prove me wrong, great.

14. Fremantle. On paper, much much better than last year so possibly contradicting myself after what I have said above with some of the other teams. However, I don't think their game plan will hold up. Talented key forwards but how good/bad are they defensively? Big question mark for me. Tag Fyfe successfully and their midfield will struggle. Some talented kids in that midfield for sure but not sure there is enough senior class.

15. Western Bulldogs. Solid midfield and backline but no real forwardline. Will win a few games against the teams below but cant see them beating any/many of the teams above them barring a crazy day.

16. Carlton. I feel a touch sorry for Carlton because they have been poor for so long and imo were on their way up this year but they have had some important guys ruled out/doubtful with injuries. Lower down teams cant afford to lose important senior players like some of the top teams can. So wont start well and may struggle to come back.

17. St Kilda. Poor list IMO. Signing Hannerbery for the contact they did was desperate and shows where their list is at.

18. Gold Coast. Almost a full reset for them. Hopefully this will go better for them than the initial go did. Getting the right on field leader will be important. Ablett was/is a star player but not a great leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back