Prediction 2019 Ladder Predictions + 2020 Ladder early Predictions ( Page 115+ )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Woods

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Our defense had Dunn, Moore, Reid Scharenberg and Goldsack out for essentially the entire year, with players like Howe regularly injured and battling to prove fitness week in week out and Sam Murray suspended with drug charges. That puts out KPD stocks at literally zero.

If you got Richmond and put Rance (Dunn), McIntosh (Moore/Goldsack), Vlustin (Howe) and Houli (Scharenberg/Murray) out for the year you would seriously question their ability to win games on a consistent basis. And that's just defense.

Yes that injury size isn't exclusive to Collingwood, but particularly in the case of Richmond you can't ignore their dream 24 month run with injury. Look at what happened when just Martin injured for the Prelim, their midfield fell apart, and he wasn't even out.
Their supporters are delusional to these facts. They will struggle to make the 8 if they cop injuries to several key players. They have without doubt had the best run with injuries in recent times.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
15. Fremantle - Don't know where to rate them, this feels too low but someone had to go here. I fear they'll struggle when they inevitably lose Fyfe for 3 or so games
Not happy but it does not look unrealistic atm. Was hoping we could at least challenge for a low top 8 spot but injuries and presaeason form say no...

Apr 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Subiaco, Everton, SF 49ers
West Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
Adelaide
Collingwood
GWS
Geelong
Brisbane

Sydney
Hawthorn
Port
North Melbourne
Essendon
Fremantle
Doggies
Carlton
St Kilda
Gold Coast
I'm a pretty pessimistic supporter but even in my darker moments haven't seen us finishing 5 positions below Brissie!

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Last year the logjam was between spots 5-12. This year according to my ladder predictor the top 7 will be clear and the logjam will occur in the top 4.

1-4 seperated by 1 game
5-7 seperated by 2 games
Then a gap of 2 games down to 8-10

West Coast
Richmond
Collingwood
Melbourne
Adelaide
GWS
Essendon
Brisbane
Geelong
Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Fremantle
Carlton
Gold Coast

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Our defense had Dunn, Moore, Reid Scharenberg and Goldsack out for essentially the entire year, with players like Howe regularly injured and battling to prove fitness week in week out and Sam Murray suspended with drug charges. That puts out KPD stocks at literally zero.

If you got Richmond and put Rance (Dunn), McIntosh (Moore/Goldsack), Vlustin (Howe) and Houli (Scharenberg/Murray) out for the year you would seriously question their ability to win games on a consistent basis. And that's just defense.

Yes that injury size isn't exclusive to Collingwood, but particularly in the case of Richmond you can't ignore their dream 24 month run with injury. Look at what happened when just Martin injured for the Prelim, their midfield fell apart, and he wasn't even out.
Holy s**t you actually just compared Rance to Dunn

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Good to see at least 1 Collingwood supporter has some sense. Still not sure old mate I was replying to does though so I wouldn't mind some confirmation from them first.
Saying Dunn is a like for like injury loss to Rance is not the same as comparing them as players, that would be an incredibly simplistic takeaway from that statement.

Grundy's like for like injury comparison is Nankervis, does that mean Nankervis is on the same level is Grundy? No, clearly not. A bit of critical thinking wouldn't hurt.

May 30, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Richmond
West Coast
Adelaide
Collingwood
Essendon
Melbourne
Greater Western Sydney <-- down to here, realistic top four chances
Geelong

Hawthorn
Sydney
Port Adelaide <-- down to here, realistic top eight chances
Western Bulldogs
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Brisbane
St Kilda <-- up to here, realistic spoon chances
Carlton
Gold Coast

GlocksTickin

Senior List
Jan 28, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
WCE
RICHMOND
COLLINGWOOD
MELBOURNE
ESSENDON
GWS
GEELONG
SYDNEY

No ladder prediction purely instinct. Will do it properly tomorrow. Crows should make it.

1553071495792.png

You saw it here first folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back