2019 Leaders

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Flappy

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A number of leaders have exited the club recently with last year MJ, Spurr, Neale all having previously been apart of the leadership team (and I always considered Sheridan somewhat of a leader around the club too)

2019 will leave us with:
Fyfe (c)
Alex Pearce
Walters
Mundy
Sandi (possibly moved on?)

Potential to move into the leadership group this year:
- Blakely - has returned early with the youngsters, I think he speaks and carries himself like someone ready to take the next step (will the surfing incident count against him?)
- Brad Hill - previously kicked out therefore unlikely imo
- Langdon - performed well in the bnf, speaks well and a different kind of personality
- Wilson - maybe?

Future Leaders:
- Brayshaw - Obvious Choice
- Logue - Less obvious maybe but something about him strikes me as a leader, confident kid and a hard worker
- Cerra - Quietly spoken but by all reports uber professional and a real footy head
- Banfield - Hardworking, no frills, lead by example
- Darcy

Any of the new boys any chance?

Would be surprised if none of them make it tbh with Hogan and Conca probably being the most likely.

I know being a good player doesnt make you a good leader, but i'd be a bit frustrated if we went for guys outside the top 10/15 in the leadership group. Seems as if they boys on the leadership group are given a bit of a free ride with selection and nothing worst than fringe players being gifted games.
For me i'd consider - Blakely, Langdon and Brayshaw. All will be best 22 if available and seem of high character, maybe Blakely's surfing incident counts against him and it comes down to Ed or Andy.

Any of the new boys any chance?

Would be surprised if none of them make it tbh with Hogan and Conca probably being the most likely.
Colyer likely as comes with great character references. Maybe the replacement for Lee Spurr?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back