Toast 2019 Leadership Group Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I must say, I'm impressed and surprised that Membrey has come into the leadership group. Doesn't strike you as a leader from the outside looking in, but at only 24 years old, he must be doing something right. And together with Roberton, 2 out of the 5 were delisted free agents, which is a sign of smart recruiting.

The fact the Hanners walks straight into the leadership group, as voted by his peers, is fairly indicative of the impact he's already having.
Huge tick, STFU Purple.
We need game day leadership. We have absolutely zero. Just having him yelling at training isnt going to make that much difference on gameday.

Newnes, Steven out. Hanners, Skunk in

Seeing the benefits of Hanners already.With Hanners in, Steven gets the opportunity to drop out.

Not all players are made to be leaders, and Jack was being pushed to do extra things that aren't necessarily natural or benificial to him. With Hanners we now have a clear leader in the middle, and Steven can just worry about his own game. I think Jack might just benefit from this more than anyone.

I must say, I'm impressed and surprised that Membrey has come into the leadership group. Doesn't strike you as a leader from the outside looking in, but at only 24 years old, he must be doing something right. And together with Roberton, 2 out of the 5 were delisted free agents, which is a sign of smart recruiting.

I keep forgetting he’s only 24. To think we could another 6 years of Skunk. Lovely thought!

leadership-h.jpg

Tim Membrey, Seb Ross (VC), Jarryn Geary (C), Dan Hannebery, Dylan Roberton

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2019-02-14/2019-leadership-group-announced

From the outside it's hard to believe that it's a straight vote of the players....

Every year it seems like players who are less certain to play than previously like Newnes, magically disappear from the Leadership Team - can that really be a coincidence?

Can't believe nobody has used this as confirmation that Steven is leaving....don't shoot me as I personally think he's just not suited to it and we knew that beforehand and we've been told he was pressured into it - all good but how does that play out with it being a straight vote?

Regardless of the process it looks like a good list and all are locks for the 1st 22 (Skunk the only forward that is a lock in my view) so all good from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is the best leadership group we can put together.

Geary is well-liked and respected. He has got the absolute most out of himself and will always give his all. You can't ask for much more than that in a club captain. I know he isn't one of the best players in the league but he's done a fine job and will always be regarded as a good captain.

Ross is coming into his own as a footballer and as a leader. He will serve his apprenticeship as vice-captain and should take over the captaincy next year. He needs to continue his 2018 form and keep improving but he sets a good example and is a valuable player.

Hannebery, Roberton and Membrey will all contribute different things. There's a nice mixture of positions, talent, leadership and footy intelligence with these three so I'm happy.

The new leadership group does beg the question: why is Armitage still on the list?

If I remember correctly, Armo wasn't in the leadership group last year either so nothing has changed, other than his age. He's still a contracted player so he's still on the list.

Happy with that. Good to see Skunk getting a bit more of a profile. Shame they couldn't fit in Steele, guess we'll have to wait for next year for that.

Anyone think the move to make Seb VC, leaves the door open for Geary not playing all games this year?

One of the reasons Seb mentioned was the Geary wanted someone that could step in if he wasn’t able to play.

I'm happy with that group.

I'm not surprised in the least that Geary is Captain again......he must be very very well thought of amongst the playing group.

I just happened to walk into RSEA just after noon and saw a battery of cameras set up ready to go.

I thought....what's going on here...….on cue Hanners walked in front of the camera's and people came from everywhere to get the show rolling.

Geez....he looked in ripping shape.

I'd read earlier this morning that he was in the leadership group and that Geary was re appointed captain.

Looked out the window and there was Geary limbering up in front of a few photographers.

And the playing surface is looking is terrific shape despite all the recent heat.

And the playing surface is looking is terrific shape despite all the recent heat.
That's good to hear.
I can't remember who but there was a post on here a few months ago saying how s**t the club was because the grass was apparently in terrible condition :rolleyes:.
Some people seem excited to find any type of negative s**t to post about
We haven't proved anything on field yet but our new training facility is such a big step in the right direction.

That's good to hear.
I can't remember who but there was a post on here a few months ago saying how s**t the club was because the grass was apparently in terrible condition :rolleyes:.
Some people seem excited to find any type of negative s**t to post about
We haven't proved anything on field yet but our new training facility is such a big step in the right direction.
Lol. I think it was a patch of turf if I recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back