Remove this Banner Ad

Crozier Naughton Wood
Williams Cordy Richards
JJ Macrae Hunter
Mclean Schache Wallis
Gowers Boyd Lloyd

English Bontempelli Dunkley

Libba Daniel Suckling Trengove

I don’t think West will be kept out of the team long. Nor will Bailey Smith, if we get him.

Leaves out Pick 7, West, Lynch, Dale, Greene, Lipinski, Picken, Dickson, Duryea, Morris, Jong, Young, Smith, etc

Round 1, 2019 "The Dream Team"

B: Wood Young Cordy
HB: Crozier Naughton Williams
C: Johannisen Macrae Hunter
HF: Greene Schache Richards
F: (Matthew Parker) Gowers (Sam Lloyd)

R: (Zac Clarke)
RR: Bontempelli
RO: McLean

INT: English, Dunkley, Suckling, (Taylor Duryea)

EMER: Lynch, Lipinski, Wallis, (Connor Rozee)

What a champion team,
Full of talent really great,
A flag that is the dream,
2019 we will make the top Eight .

Note: Failure to secure Clarke, Parker and Rozee is an excuse not to make the Eight. :oops::moustache:

FB: Morris, Cordy, Wood
HB: Crozier, Naughton, Williams
C: Johannisen, Macrae, Hunter
HF: Picken, Schache, McLean
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Gowers
R: Trengove, Bontempelli, Dunkley
INT: Liberatore, Daniel, Wallis, Suckling

I think it's highly unlikely that a few of these players will string together a significant number of games. But theoretically, that's our best 22 heading into next year.

FB: Morris, Cordy, Wood
HB: Crozier, Naughton, Williams
C: Johannisen, Macrae, Hunter
HF: Picken, Schache, McLean
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Gowers
R: Trengove, Bontempelli, Dunkley
INT: Liberatore, Daniel, Wallis, Suckling

I think it's highly unlikely that a few of these players will string together a significant number of games. But theoretically, that's our best 22 heading into next year.

If I had to choose between them, I’d pick English over Boyd.

FB: Wood Naughton Morris
HB: JJ Cordy Crozier
C: McRae Libba Hunter
HF: McLean Schache Lloyd
F: Dixon Boyd Gowers

R: Trengove Bont Dunkley

INT: English Williams Wallis Daniel

Depth: Picken Richards Suckling Young Dale Lipinski West Jong Dureya Roberts.

Not too many holes in this group if the forwards perform. A good run with injury and we can finish 7 - 12.

Morris Naughton Wood
JJ Cordy Crozier
Williams Libba Hunter
Mclean Schache Wallis
Picken Boyd Gowers
Trengove Bont Macrae

English, Daniel, Dunkley, Richards

With every player fit that's the team I put out. It's a good sign how many players I think are stiff to miss out if they're fit, but a bad sign how many of them are actually likely to be. Big question marks for Picken, Wood, Libba, Suckling and Dickson (all our most experienced players).

Crozier Naughton Wood
Williams Cordy Richards
JJ Macrae Hunter
Mclean Schache Wallis
Gowers Boyd Lloyd

English Bontempelli Dunkley

Libba Daniel Suckling Trengove

I don’t think West will be kept out of the team long. Nor will Bailey Smith, if we get him.

Leaves out Pick 7, West, Lynch, Dale, Greene, Lipinski, Picken, Dickson, Duryea, Morris, Jong, Young, Smith, etc

FB: Wood Naughton Morris
HB: JJ Cordy Crozier
C: McRae Libba Hunter
HF: McLean Schache Lloyd
F: Dixon Boyd Gowers

R: Trengove Bont Dunkley

INT: English Williams Wallis Daniel

Depth: Picken Richards Suckling Young Dale Lipinski West Jong Dureya Roberts.

Not too many holes in this group if the forwards perform. A good run with injury and we can finish 7 - 12.
Where is Ryan Hargreaves?

wood, naughton, morris
jj, cordy, crozier
richards libba hunter
mclean schache dunkley
gowers english lloyd

trengrove bont macrae

daniel suckling wallis williams

Are we all hoping that Boyd becomes the FF we're waiting on? I'm not convinced and I reckon the club sees him as a Ruck that can rest forward.

Schache's mobility almost pushes Boyd out of the forward line, although it will be interesting to see the dynamic that Lloyd brings down there and whether or not McLean gets more midfield minutes at the expense of some forward line pressure.

I'm still confused of the role Cordy, Boyd, Trengove, and Naughton (who has been tried forward) play in the side and would love to get others takes. Is it just flexibility? Unpredictability? Does this lead to uncertainty for the players?

B: Wood, Trengove, Morris
HB: Johannison, Naughton, Suckling
C: Richards, Bontempelli, Hunter
HF: Gowers, Boyd, Lloyd
F: Dickson, Schache, McLean
FOLL: English, Macrae, Wallis
IC: Liberatore, Dunkley, Daniel, Cordy

B: Wood, Trengove, Morris
HB: Johannison, Naughton, Suckling
C: Richards, Bontempelli, Hunter
HF: Gowers, Boyd, Lloyd
F: Dickson, Schache, McLean
FOLL: English, Macrae, Wallis
IC: Liberatore, Dunkley, Daniel, Cordy
No Williams no Bulldogs and it's Johannisen, South Afican for Johnson or is it Norse ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still confused of the role Cordy, Boyd, Trengove, and Naughton (who has been tried forward) play in the side and would love to get others takes. Is it just flexibility? Unpredictability? Does this lead to uncertainty for the players?
I'm OK with swinging around Boyd, Trengove and maybe even Cordy but Naughton needs to be left to develop as a defender.

Stuff the versatility mantra. When you have a natural defender with outstanding intercept/CM abilities like him you don't experiment. You play to his strengths.

A midfield of Libba, Bont, McLean, Macrae, Williams, Wallis, Dunkley, Hunter, Gowers, West and hopefully Bailey Smith makes me super horny.

Not sure on the complexion of the 22 specifically right now but here are some things I’d love to see position wise

1 - bont 80-20 in the midfield. Going to be so sad if it’s the same ratio as last year. He’s just not a very good forward right now. Half his goals last year were stoppage goals and the majority of the games we were getting pumped last year he was languishing full forward unable to consistently impact the play.

2 - JJ, Wood and Caleb Daniel down back where they play their best football. If both Daniel and JJ are getting tagged out of their minds then move them to a different line but they should start back every game where they can best control the play.

3 - Trengove in the ruck. Clearly his best role, love the presence he brings, reminds me a lot of Nankervis in that regard. Also showed last year he was a s**t backman, without Adams we might cop it from the gorillas but Pies showed this year the smaller more mobile backline functions quite well. Trengove doesn’t have a place there in my mind.

Getting tired of the delays to sign Libba. If he hasn’t committed to his rehab, he needs to go. If he has so far, bloody well sign him.

This is second time around and if it looks like he hasn’t learned - good chance he never will. Sad.

If Trengove can find form as a defender it will definitely help our structure. Allows English to be supported by both Boyd and Trengove and gives us a defender who can size up on the monsters.

Agree his best footy for us has been as a ruck, but English is our future there. Can understand the clubs desire to get Trengove into some form as a defender who provides some ruck support.

Getting tired of the delays to sign Libba. If he hasn’t committed to his rehab, he needs to go. If he has so far, bloody well sign him.

This is second time around and if it looks like he hasn’t learned - good chance he never will. Sad.
Believe an agreement has more or less been reached but there’s haggling over an option for a further year.

If Trengove can find form as a defender it will definitely help our structure. Allows English to be supported by both Boyd and Trengove and gives us a defender who can size up on the monsters.

Agree his best footy for us has been as a ruck, but English is our future there. Can understand the clubs desire to get Trengove into some form as a defender who provides some ruck support.
Trengove’s form late in the season was really encouraging so unless English dominates in the preseason I would give him first crack there and move him back when English steps up.

I think Boyd deep forward and relieving and Schache high will work. No one really dominant in that tall lineup but all are competent at least.

I have a feeling we will all be plesently surprised in our quick turnaround in the forward half performance.

We tend to forget in particular how good Bailey dale was in 2017.

The position he plays is difficult when the team isn’t playing great. So the first half of the year he struggled accordingly. Then the big foot injury came about.

With a big pre season - Look out!

I’m looking forward to (hopefully) seing 3 Baileys running around.

Imagine this:

FF: (Bailey) Smith Schache Picken
HF: Dale Gowers Williams

Clearly the team needs a bit of Bailey to help us move forward ;)

2 - JJ, Wood and Caleb Daniel down back where they play their best football. If both Daniel and JJ are getting tagged out of their minds then move them to a different line but they should start back every game where they can best control the play.

Hate the idea of Caleb in the back line with the new 6-6-6 rule. That’s the sort of thing opposition coaches will be all over and it will inevitably cost us a few goals a game. Much better of as a forward/mid.

I'm OK with swinging around Boyd, Trengove and maybe even Cordy but Naughton needs to be left to develop as a defender.

Stuff the versatility mantra. When you have a natural defender with outstanding intercept/CM abilities like him you don't experiment. You play to his strengths.

Easton Wood likes this

Short of Libba getting a contract...

FB: Morris, Naughton, Wood
HB: Crozier, Cordy, Lynch
C: Johannisen, Dunkley, Hunter
HF: Picken, Schache, Richards
FF: McLean, Boyd, Gowers
R: English, Bontempelli, Macrae
INT: Trengove, Lloyd, Wallis, Williams

Emerg: Duryea, Daniel, Lipinski, Suckling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back