Opinion 2019 lineup

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder with so much competition for round 1 spots this year.
If they'll choose players based on performance in the preseason matches.
Rather than the dead rubbers at the end of last season.
Worked well with Richards and Naughton last year.

But they both had good form in the dead rubbers.
Photo in the Hun has Libba in black and Bailey Williams in white from yesterday.

all this talk makes me think of that great Paul McCartney song Ebony and Ivory.

Duryea can be seen in the black in the last couple of days. Back six seem to be Naughton, Cordy, Wood, Crozier, Suckling, and Duryea so far. Daniel as the seventh on the bench maybe?

Duryea can be seen in the black in the last couple of days. Back six seem to be Naughton, Cordy, Wood, Crozier, Suckling, and Duryea so far. Daniel as the seventh on the bench maybe?

Morris plays for sure if fit, maybe suckling is playing a bit further up the ground this year or they’re resting two defenders on the bench. All will be revealed next weekend!

But they both had good form in the dead rubbers.

all this talk makes me think of that great Paul McCartney song Ebony and Ivory.
Naughton played round one due to preseason form.
Richards a few weeks later.As they eered on the side of caution.
F###k caution if Smith ,West and English
have preseason form.play m.

Naughton played round one due to preseason form.
Richards a few weeks later.As they eered on the side of caution.
F###k caution if Smith ,West and English
have preseason form.play m.
If they are good enough get games into them!! Our drafting strike rate seems to be on the right path.

A lot of our players when interviewed have been speaking really positively about his attitude and leadership at training. Really have no idea whether he's making our Round 1 side, but I think there's a decent chance. Either way, seems like he's fit in really well at our club. Really hope he can reinvigorate his career like Crozier did last year
Good to hear. Hopefully he goes well for you guys. Always was a fan. Goodluck

Got the feeling young West will break into the side pretty quickly. You have to remember we are 3 senior list spots down right now and Jong is going to miss more than the first month.
His endurance is way off AFL standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His endurance is way off AFL standard.

He's going to have to learn endurance quickly. Because we have 3 senior list spots likely gone for the season, Jong going to miss some time, its going to be a bit like last year, hardly a player on the list without a game.

He's going to have to learn endurance quickly. Because we have 3 senior list spots likely gone for the season, Jong going to miss some time, its going to be a bit like last year, hardly a player on the list without a game.
English is ready, he slots straight into Boyd's ruck role.
Duryea into the backline with JJ out, he's an upgrade on Roarke.
Lloyd to the F50, chopping out on the wing.
Williams as a mid.
Libba's back.

This might be the first year in a bit we aren't relying on first year players to play major on field roles.

English is ready, he slots straight into Boyd's ruck role.
Duryea into the backline with JJ out, he's an upgrade on Roarke.
Lloyd to the F50, chopping out on the wing.
Williams as a mid.
Libba's back.

This might be the first year in a bit we aren't relying on first year players to play major on field roles.

I hope so but it only takes a few injuries and... For example, Sweet may only be one ruck injury away from debuting because of the on-going Boyd situation.

I hope so but it only takes a few injuries and... For example, Sweet may only be one ruck injury away from debuting because of the on-going Boyd situation.
Yep, but that's a bit removed from Rhyee West given the number of runners we have available. I think West has a development year which is no problem for his career at all.

Yep, but that's a bit removed from Rhyee West given the number of runners we have available. I think West has a development year which is no problem for his career at all.

Maybe so, I'll give you that, there is more depth than last year because we had to blood so many early and our recruitment strategy in the off season with Lloyd and Durea and the mature agers look more AFL ready than the 18yo's usually do. On the topic of Duryea and your previous post, he better be good because I don't think Roarke is that far off being a contender. He developed a fair bit last year, just me sayin'.

On the topic of West - who do we see debuting earlier; Porter or West?

I was really impressed by what I saw of Porter in U18s, and both look like absolute hardnut inside mids (so a similar type). West is obviously the "bigger talent", while Porter has already had a development year. Is it possible neither debuts this year?

On the topic of West - who do we see debuting earlier; Porter or West?

I was really impressed by what I saw of Porter in U18s, and both look like absolute hardnut inside mids (so a similar type). West is obviously the "bigger talent", while Porter has already had a development year. Is it possible neither debuts this year?

My guess is west because he has a higher ceiling and has shown an ability to play small forward.

I’d honestly like to see west develop on a Toby Greene mould as a smart, tough goal kicker who can pinch hit in the midfield as required. Our midfield is stacked enough for the next 5+ years. We don’t need him in that role.

Sorry for the intrusion guys but I was wondering if any of you have a clear idea of McLean & Dunkley's roles this year thus far?
I recall reading a stat about goals being scored after McLean got first hands on the ball from centre clearances so he is quite effective in that role.
With Libba coming back in, Dahl leaving and new starting structures 666, I was wondering if Mclean or Bont are the ones likely to rotate mid/fwd more than say Dunks and Libba or are there others like Lloyd from Richmond who will fill the fwd roles ect?

Pretty much wondering who your designated inside mids/ outside mids/ wingmen will be, the main guys, rotations aside?

For what it's worth I thought Mclean would go on to become a good player for you guys after watching his performance against Adelaide in 017, said a lot about his character. Cheers and good luck for the upcoming season!

Sorry for the intrusion guys but I was wondering if any of you have a clear idea of McLean & Dunkley's roles this year thus far?
I recall reading a stat about goals being scored after McLean got first hands on the ball from centre clearances so he is quite effective in that role.
With Libba coming back in, Dahl leaving and new starting structures 666, I was wondering if Mclean or Bont are the ones likely to rotate mid/fwd more than say Dunks and Libba or are there others like Lloyd from Richmond who will fill the fwd roles ect?

Pretty much wondering who your designated inside mids/ outside mids/ wingmen will be, the main guys, rotations aside?

For what it's worth I thought Mclean would go on to become a good player for you guys after watching his performance against Adelaide in 017, said a lot about his character. Cheers and good luck for the upcoming season!

try this thread
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/western-bulldogs-2018-supercoach-dream-team-q-a.1185953/

Love what I'm hearing about Timmy English dominating as a forward. Having him up there really gives us some marking power. Just need Trengove to stay fit so he can take the majority of the ruck work. Anyway here's my predicted Round 1 side:

Cordy Naughton Morris

Crozier Wood Suckling

Macrae Richards Hunter

Mclean Schache Dunkley

Dickson English Gowers

Fol: Trengove Bont Libba

Int: Wallis Williams Daniel Lipinski

I reserve the right to edit this after the JLT games. Some of Lloyd, Cavarra or Duryea might be best 22 but I haven't really followed their careers and I won't know until I get a look at them over the next two weeks.

Honestly, now that I've looked at that 22 I think if we stay fit we are going to have a bloody decent year. In my opinion the weakest link in that 22 is Lipinski, which is a good spot to be in. I also think that Dale can impact this year and we all know what JJ can do once he's back.

Love what I'm hearing about Timmy English dominating as a forward. Having him up there really gives us some marking power. Just need Trengove to stay fit so he can take the majority of the ruck work. Anyway here's my predicted Round 1 side:

Cordy Naughton Morris

Crozier Wood Suckling

Macrae Richards Hunter

Mclean Schache Dunkley

Dickson English Gowers

Fol: Trengove Bont Libba

Int: Wallis Williams Daniel Lipinski

I reserve the right to edit this after the JLT games. Some of Lloyd, Cavarra or Duryea might be best 22 but I haven't really followed their careers and I won't know until I get a look at them over the next two weeks.

Honestly, now that I've looked at that 22 I think if we stay fit we are going to have a bloody decent year. In my opinion the weakest link in that 22 is Lipinski, which is a good spot to be in. I also think that Dale can impact this year and we all know what JJ can do once he's back.

Like your side, but I saw an article quoting the Bont saying that Cavarra and Smith will likely play Rd1.

Say they do, how do you change your side? Which two go out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back