2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watching a bit of the streaming before strolling to the G. Lester leading possession winner for Lions. Organising defence. We look strong all over the field and pacey. Good disposal by foot and hand. How many AFL listed players do GWS have out there. Keays looks to good for this level. Almost has a swagger. Madden and Ainsworth showing plenty.

Nice kick by Fullarton

Neither side trying very hard

Some players just look to be taking it easy. Not that they are its how they look. McCluggage for example has that extra second to do everything like great players, he looks to do it easy. Allison and Cutler on the other hand just look to be cruising, hanging around to kick a long bomb or else standing on the edge of the ruck waving their arms. I know they do more but its just how they look most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

witches hats on the ground now, have to agree TBD, GWS not looking good at all

McFadden seems even bigger. I remember when Luenberger first came to the club and i watched his first training session, he seemed to spring off each step, McFadden seems to do the same, like sling off the ground. Although he runs a bit hunched over like a sprinter he seems tall for a mid fielder. I wonder if he is a bit of a late bloomer and has added height. seems to be playing full forward about so might be the mid size forward that's becoming popular.

Cutler still doing too many selfish things. At least Allison has tried to hut up short targets at times. Looks a lot stronger now too. Berry, Cox and Keays all legitimate AFL forward depth. Berry just has a natural defensive switch. Knows when to harass, when to commit to the tackle.

McFadyen looks a great athlete but completely lacking in any polish like we expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back