2nds 2019 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes - he was happy to stay. We kept options open for Beams trade.

It was the first part of your original post I was disagreeing with. If he was embedded in our seniors team he would have been a high priority to give a contract to.

Crisp was playing very well in our AFL side in the last year he was with us already - he only went to Collingwood as part of a mega trade for Beams. He was happy to stay from what I'm aware of.
Crisp made a statement on TV that he left Brisbane for better opportunities. They are his words! Yes, he was part of the Beams deal but he has had a better chance at Collingwood to play consistent football. He is a very good performer

Crisp made a statement on TV that he left Brisbane for better opportunities. They are his words! Yes, he was part of the Beams deal but he has had a better chance at Collingwood to play consistent football. He is a very good performer

TV statements when you get to your new club?

Man, come on.

We have had a few players that were not given a decent go in the past eg. Crisp, Polec, etc. These players went elsewhere due to that reason. What I saw of the reserves game at the weekend - Cutler is a cert for SENIORS. His form is very good and he worked hard. He wanted the ball and his enthusiasm showed. Our selector's cannot ignore his form. In the seniors some players are not showing much at all, changes are a must and he is one that must come into the seniors.

Polec had plenty of chances.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So here is me wondering why no one is talking about the NEAFL game ... checks the time - yep 10am start ... it can't be *that* boring that no one is even whinging about it???

Ah right - just because I am not at work and there is a football game on this afternoon does *not* mean that it is Saturday now does it ... nope. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basti looked so clean in those highlights. That's how he used to be at AFL level.

I'm starting to get excited re what Toby Wooller could bring to our side, showing some terrific signs.

It's amazing what having a full pre season has done for Toby. Is impacting games for four quarters now.

Looking forward to another smashing. Go Lions.
The Suns NEAFL team is very, very young. There was a three day discussion on the Suns board about how weak it is. They have 9 U19m academy members and about 6 of their U18 team regularly playing in it.

The Suns senior team can field a reasonable best 22, but they have very little depth beyond about the top 25 - 28 players on their list.

NEAFL ROUND 4
Gold Coast SUNS (8th) v Brisbane Lions (1st) at Metricon Stadium, 10am

GOLD COAST
B: 45. J Dawson 46. C Graham 21. J Leslie
HB: 52. L McDonald 34. B King 43. J McLennan
C: 40. J Heron 2. A Miles 42. C Nutting
HF: 55. A Djurovitch 12. S Day 36. J Schoenfeld
F: 32. B Crossley 29. C Burgess 48. F Greenwool
R: 22. T Nicholls 18. B Scheer 15. A Young
Int: 56. H Arnold 53. C Beaman 58. Z Briggs 49. J Mohr 50. E Semaan
Emg: 24. A Swallow

In: 29. C Burgess 53. C Beaman 2. A Miles 49. J Mohr 40. J Heron 50. E Semaan 56. H Arnold 55. A Djurovitch 58. Z Briggs 32. B Crossley
Out: 10. M Fraser (Academy) 50. D Koenen (Academy) 35. M Rischitelli (injured) 13. C Ah Chee (injured) 49. R Gilmore (Academy) 31. J Gore (Academy) 19. J Corbett (AFL) 37. R Buckland (Academy) 41. A Crossley (Academy)
New: 29. C Burgess 2. A Miles 55. A Djurovitch 58. Z Briggs

BRISBANE
B: 51. K Coleman 38. C Ballenden 22. M Hinge
HB: 42. J Madden 41. M Eagles 45. C McFadyen
C: 3. A Christensen 32. T Joyce 18. N Robertson
HF: 4. R Bastinac 21. S Skinner 13. T Berry
F: 8. E Smith 44. A Smith 34. T Wooller
R: 47. T Fullarton 1. B Keays 39. C Lyons
Int: 54. J Currie 58. E Hunt 40. J Payne 52. J Quint 56. C Stackelberg
Emg: N/A

In: 52. J Quint 54. J Currie 56. C Stackelberg 58. E Hunt 3. A Christensen 18. N Robertson
Out: 28. L Taylor (AFL) 19. J Allison (family commitment) 43. N Answerth (AFL) 35. R Lester (AFL) 26. T Cutler (AFL)

Looking at those sides we should win comfortably.

If they play where named its interesting that Fullarton has been named as the ruck, be good to see him play the majority of the game there against Nicholls who has played a fair bit of AFL footy. Also Nick Robbo in the midfield, use that big body on the inside? Coleman, Madden and Hinge out of the back 6 also gives us good penetration.

gcs_brl_neafl.png
I'm guessing here that A. Djurovitch and H. Arnold, the current Southport and former GCS academy players, are the ones named here. If not the GCS side is likely even younger.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back